/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I need an Arabic tutor!!

Lady A
06-07-2015, 01:05 AM
:sl:

I am learning Arabic using the Madinah Arabic Course Books (green cover) by Dr. V Abdur Rahim. Has anyone on here accomplished this series and is willing to be my *cough...long-term...cough* tutor? I just started Book 1.

I will not sit through a youtube series with episodes 2 hrs long...I simply cannot dedicate that time.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Lady A
06-07-2015, 01:08 AM
...oh, and how do I type in Arabic?

My limited knowledge in technology is shameful :embarrass

strivingobserver98
06-07-2015, 02:22 AM
:wa:

A brother I know runs this Institute Masha Allah. Female teachers also here too. But the only downside is, that it will cost you.

There are group courses and 1 on to 1. Personally I recommend you do this one :).

http://www.eaalim.com/1/group-courses/

Course Requirements:
This course requires no pre-requisites, although having prior knowledge of the Arabic Alphabets is an advantage.
Estimated Commitment Per Week: 2-3 hours

Internet Speed (Connectivity): Your computer must be connected to the Internet
Recommended connection type is ADSL or LAN with at least 512 kbps bandwidth

Web Browser: Google Chrome / Mozilla Firefox/ Internet Explorer / Opera

Hardware Requirements: Students are required to have a working headset microphone

Teacher: Umm Badr
Course Duration: 14 Weeks/21 Hours
Course Date: 09-May-2015 - 08-Aug-2015
Live Lessons: Saturday, 8:30 PM - 10:00 PM
Tuition Fee: £ 70

Title:
First Step to Quran Reading (Sisters)

Description: This course is for those students who wish to take their first steps into learning to read and write the Arabic script of the Qur’an starting from the Alphabet with its (Makhraj) correct pronunciations. It will cover learning the letters, vowel and the basic rules needed for Quranic reading. At the end of the course the student will be able to read the Quran and identify the letters, vowels and different symbols of tajweed. The reader will also learn a very easy simplified way of linking the letters and vowels together to read the Quran correctly.

Aims: The first level in a series of courses designed to take you from no knowledge of Arabic to a high-level proficiency.

- Set the foundations for learning Arabic, the language of divine revelation

- Learn the Arabic alphabet and vowel markings

- Practice reading these letters when joined into words

- Learn how to properly articulate sounds

- Become familiar with basic rules of Qur’anic recitation

- Apply your new-found knowledge to reading the Qur’an/Arabic

Each section of this course is limited to only 7 students, ensuring a hands-on learning experience.

Lessons:
Lesson 1: The Arabic Alphabet
Lesson 2: Linking the letters together
Lesson 3: Broken Letters (Madd Letters)
Lesson 4: Voweled Letters
Lesson 5: Letters of Tanween
Lesson 6: Tanween & Vowels
Lesson 7: Shortened Alif, Yaa and Waw
Lesson 8: Letters of Madd and Leen
Lesson 9: Examples of Tanween, Madd and Leen Letters
Lesson 10: Non-Voweled Letters
Lesson 11: Shaddah
Lesson 12: Examination

Lady A
06-07-2015, 04:11 AM
JazakAllah Br. Farhaan! I wish I knew about this earlier. The lessons look very basic and would have been an excellent place to start. However, I'm already enrolled in a class using a different textbook. :ermm::ermm:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Lisa921
06-07-2015, 12:05 PM
Assalamu alaykum
my first thought when I saw the title was 'you and me both' sister. but then I remembered that I DO have access to a female Arabic tutor and she is free. she tutors a large group of sisters on Skype and I am sure she would welcome you into her classes if you be so kind as to pm me your Skype details so I can pass it along to her.
:D

Insaanah
06-07-2015, 12:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lady A
..oh, and how do I type in Arabic?
:salam: sister and a belated welcome back .

I use this site, and then copy and past from it to where needed: http://www.arabic-keyboard.org/

However the words turn out in opposite order in Word.

In Word, you could go to Insert, Symbol, then choose Arabic as the subset, and insert the letters letter by letter. It does work, but is slower...

Others may know better methods :ia:

Lady A
06-07-2015, 12:21 PM
:wa:

Awesome! I'll do so right away, inshaAllah.
Jazakillah Sis Lisa :rock:

Lady A
06-07-2015, 12:27 PM
:jz: Sister Insaanah!

hehe, it may be slower, but at least it helps!! I'll try it!

sister herb
06-07-2015, 03:23 PM
Salam alaykum

As the tutorial help, check this too:

http://www.lqtoronto.com/videos.html

strivingobserver98
06-07-2015, 05:09 PM
Another click on Arabic keyboard

http://www.clavier-arab.org/arabic-keyboard/

Is it possible to buy like real life Arabic keyboard and type from that? Would be much easier, might require some software.

ZeeshanParvez
06-27-2015, 10:47 AM
The entire three books are basic and miss some of the advanced topics you will need if you want to read classical texts.

If you need help with the series let me know. Yes, I have gone through all three parts.

Lady A
06-30-2015, 07:02 AM
Thank you Brother ZeeshanParvez. I will seek your help insha Allah.

Lady A
07-19-2015, 02:35 AM
Brother @ZeeshanParvez , are you still around? I'm getting ready to tackle my Arabic studies now, inshaAllah.

On pg 35 in book 1, I need a translation for #6. اين قدر اللحم؟

soheil1
07-30-2015, 03:55 AM
...oh, and how do I type in Arabic?

My limited knowledge in technology is shameful :embarrass
You need to install an Arabic character set (In DOS times it was called a code page) on your computer

Lady A
07-30-2015, 04:21 AM
Thank you Br. Soheil, I'm getting Windows 10. After I update I'll install.

soheil1
07-30-2015, 04:46 AM
Brother @ZeeshanParvez, are you still around? I'm getting ready to tackle my Arabic studies now, inshaAllah.

On pg 35 in book 1, I need a translation for #6. اين قدر اللحم؟
Where have you seen that?
Could you provide more context?

al-Muwahid
07-30-2015, 04:52 AM
Islamic Online University has some great free Arabic courses that helped me out a lot when I was a new revert.

islamiconlineuniversity . com

Lady A
07-30-2015, 05:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by soheil1
Where have you seen that?
Could you provide more context?
It's in my textbook. Madinah Arabic Course Books. It's listed in the first post of this thread. :sunny:

format_quote Originally Posted by al-Muwahid
Islamic Online University has some great free Arabic courses that helped me out a lot when I was a new revert.

islamiconlineuniversity . com
Thank you Brother al-Muwahid! I'm taking some course with Islamic Online University as well. However, I'm learning Arabic with a small group of local students. Congratulations on your conversion and welcome to the forum!! :sunny:

soheil1
07-30-2015, 06:06 AM
It's in my textbook. Madinah Arabic Course Books. It's listed in the first post of this thread. :sunny:
I don't have the book.
Just provide context.

Lady A
08-02-2015, 08:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by soheil1
I don't have the book.
Just provide context.
Brother, there is no context. It's an exercise translating Arabic to English.

soheil1
08-02-2015, 08:38 PM
OK I know اين means "where is" and اللحم means "the meat" will look قدر or possibly قدر اللحم tomorrow, D.V.

ZeeshanParvez
11-02-2015, 02:37 AM
Sorry I left but have returned.

Qidr is a vessel in which one cooks.

Al-Lahm is meat

Qidr Al-Lahm would mean vessel of meat

Where is the vessel containing meat?

Umm Malik
11-06-2015, 03:07 PM
can you show me the page of ths exercice ? to understand i will translate it to you :) inshaallah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!