/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Introduction + Questions

Chriswc3
06-10-2015, 04:01 AM
Hello, my name is Chris. I'm a 16 year old German, and my parents are pretty hardcore Christians. They are good parents though, and they do love me, so they support me in my decisions even if they don't agree with it. About 6 months ago I really got into Islam. I studied it, and I found it in my heart to be the one truth. I memorized five surats, I also memorized the prayers. For some reason, I slipped out of Islam. For a few months now I guess I've been hanging around the "wrong" type of people. For the past two months, I have been high pretty much every day, and I've been smoking a lot of cigarettes, and drinking whiskey a lot on top of that. I never thought about how wrong it was, the things I was doing, the road I was going down. I just fell into it. Earlier today, I had 3 bowls of loud (strong marijuana) with some buddies, some cigarettes, and then I passed out. Slowly, the strength fell out of my body. My vision went slowly black, and then I passed out. I just felt like I was dying before I passed out. One of the guys I was hanging out with suggested that I had a heart attack. I'm 16 years old, and I had a heart attack? What is wrong with me? When I woke up, I knew that it was a second chance. I could have died, but I didn't

Is there any way I can repent? Find the truth again? Because when I passed out, I didn't see light. I saw only darkness.
I know that if I would die right now, I would fall into the pit.

Thank god for this second chance.
Now how can I save myself spiritually?

Thanks for reading guys.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
06-10-2015, 07:13 PM
Hello Chris,

Welcome to the forum!!

Am glad you’ve registered and made the effort to post and am sorry to hear you’re not in a very good situation at this moment in time. Am sure you’ve heard the first step to recovery from any kind of bad situation is admitting and accepting your current reality. I think you have done that today with us so now all you need is a plan of action to get you on the right path.

If i was you and i discovered Islam is the truth, the very first thing we are all encouraged to do is to recite our declaration of faith. If you have a mosque near you, you can visit your mosque and the local imam (spiritual leader), will talk you through everything and this is a great and fantastic way of meeting. Maybe new Muslims who have recently accepted our faith like yourself? Or even born Muslims?

If this isn’t an option for you we are happy to talk you through the steps.

If you believe there is only One God who should be worshipped, and no one/nothing else has that right but Him, and you believe Muhammad, peace be upon him, was a messenger who brought the same message as all the prophets before him, then you are basically a Muslim.

To become a Muslim, simply declare the following: (If you haven't already done so)

Ash-hadu an laa ilaaha illallaah, wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan ‘abduhu wa rasuluh.

I testify there is nothing worthy of worship except Allah, and I testify Muhammad is His slave and messenger.

If you wish to read more please visit:- http://www.kalamullah.com/non-muslims.html

Am glad to hear your family is very supporting, in particular your parents. That's very good to hear.

I would also like you to maybe question and re-evaluate yourself and your priorities. I believe there is always a reason why people turn to drugs and alcohol. Maybe you want to get away from exam stress, family problems, peer pressure, personal problems etc? Whatever the reason, when we're in a good healthy state of mind we all know our problems won't run away. When we 'wake up' from the sleep i.e. the drugs or the alcohol, we return back to the same problem. If not the same problem, a worse problem - because, the problem wasn't addressed properly.

So maybe you can write down your worries and concerns and write down a solution next to the problem. Don't forget to implement the solution :-)

I would also recommend using the gym or going for a jog outside. Most scientists agree by doing any physical activity we release the happy hormone. So this in sha Allah (God willing) will be easy for you.

& when you start believing, practicing, living and breathing like a Muslim you will automatically feel the inner peace and contentment. You won't need any other additional boost. In sha Allah.

Please don't lost hope - it all starts with hope. Am glad you are seeing this as your second chance because maybe it is.

Also visit your local doctor to get a full health check and seek his/her advice on the best approach to get off the drugs and alcohol.

I need to pray now, am sorry if i've missed any other points you've typed. I'll try and come back and advise you further in sha Allah.

I wish you the best and hope you accept Islam fully with heart and mind (if you haven't already) Ameen.

BeTheChange
06-10-2015, 07:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Chriswc3

Is there any way I can repent? Find the truth again? Because when I passed out, I didn't see light. I saw only darkness.
I know that if I would die right now, I would fall into the pit.

Thank god for this second chance.
Now how can I save myself spiritually?

Thanks for reading guys.
Okay Chris am back again to answer the most important question.

To save yourself spiritually you need to accept believe and live Islam fully. You can't yo yo from one religion to the other or accept a few laws and disregard others.

Some Basic Islaamic Beliefs

1) Belief in God:

2) Belief in the Angels:

3) Belief in God's Revealed Books:

4) Belief in the Prophets and Messengers of God:

5) Belief in the Day of Judgment:

6) Belief in Al-Qadar (Divine Predestination)

To read more please visit:- http://kalamullah.com/nonmuslims02.html

This is crucial to save yourself in this world and more importantly the next!

We are taught to live our lives here in this world as a traveler and not to get accustomed to worldly objects or indulge in our desires so much that we become slave of our desires. We can only be a slave to our creator - one God and the Arabic term is Allah.

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Wish you the best on your spiritual journey!

Lady A
06-12-2015, 01:14 AM
@chriswc3 :welcome:
God blessed you with a second chance. Be wise with it. :sunny:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
06-12-2015, 10:19 AM
Welcome to the forum.

It is a lifelong journey. Just because we accept and believe in it does not mean that we will be free from temptations of going down the wrong path. The draw will always be there and the people you chose to hang out with could be your prime motivators.

Realise that keeping in faith and executing the commands of Allah is an uphill battle that offers reward never ending for the hereafter.

Wishing you the best in your search.

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!