/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can Allah speak directly to me through another?

jackc
06-21-2015, 03:45 PM
A holy man spoke to me and said that his message was not from himself, but the message was from God speaking through him, directly. Is this compatible with Islam? Thanks! jack

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Vlad
06-21-2015, 03:58 PM
I would do that though, anyway it's not compatible with Islam. ALLAH has given you Quran, now he doesn't need to speak through anyone.

ardianto
06-21-2015, 04:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jackc
A holy man spoke to me and said that his message was not from himself, but the message was from God speaking through him, directly. Is this compatible with Islam? Thanks! jack
No!. This man lie with purpose to make people believe on him and then become his followers.

Case like this often happened. Not only among Muslims, but also among people from other religions.

Signor
06-21-2015, 05:54 PM
And it is not for any human being that Allah should speak to him except by revelation or from behind a partition or that He sends a messenger to reveal, by His permission, what He wills. Indeed, He is Most High and Wise. [Quran 42:51]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
06-21-2015, 07:07 PM
He can and does if and when He wills, however, we should be content that He has completed the revelation and made it available to us at our fingertips and given us intellects and sources to understand it.
Even then, when He does intervene, it's not necessarily a good sign, rather it is usually a harbinger of trials and tests - as with the lame man and the blind man and the deaf man to whom He gave resources in abundance and then tested them via angels sent in the form of men - only one passed and the others failed.

This is also evident in the case where the hawariyyun asked for a sign, Allah agreed to send the table spread but made it clear that it was not to be taken lightly- and that and unprecedented punishment was about to befall the rejecters after a clear sign.

118.*Say those without knowledge: "Why speaketh not Allah unto us? or why cometh not unto us a Sign?" So said the people before them words of similar import. Their hearts are alike. We have indeed made clear the Signs unto any people who hold firmly to Faith (in their hearts).

119.*Verily We have sent thee in truth as a bearer of glad tidings and a warner: But of thee no question shall be asked of the Companions of the Blazing Fire.

Surah Al Baqarah.

21.*Such as fear not the meeting with Us (for Judgment) say: "Why are not the angels sent down to us, or (why) do we not see our Lord?"
Indeed they have an arrogant conceit of themselves, and mighty is the insolence of their impiety!
22.*The Day they see the angels,- no joy will there be to the sinners that Day: The (angels) will say: "There is a barrier forbidden (to you) altogether!"

Quran Al Furqaan.
With all that said, it is possible and does happen.
Maybe a morale boost or a confirmation of evidence against - depending on how it is received and then treated.

....therefore take my seevants to at-tur (the mount).
....will anoint them (/wipe their faces) and inform them of their ranks in paradise.

And sometimes, you won't even know for sure , but will realise that it's a cue or nudge in the right direction.
Regardless of how specific or vague the communication is, your task - just as with anything else - is to use your intellect and establish the way of Allah internally and externally to the best of your ability.

Recall that the son of Adam who was not a prophet - but rather a criminal - was guided to method of burial via an inspired crow.

There are probably many people who experience unexplainable phenomena but keep their heads down and continue to serve Allah with gratitude for His assistance without telling a soul.

ardianto
06-21-2015, 08:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
He can and does if and when He wills
Allah can do anything, but He told His message in form of revelation only to His prophets. The 'holy' man in brother Jackc's post claimed that he got message directly from Allah. Something that impossible because that 'holy' man is not prophet.

Karl
06-21-2015, 10:56 PM
Did he carry a carpet bag?

umairlooms
07-16-2015, 11:31 AM
I am have a feeling that you should not touch the main with a ten foot pole

Physicist
11-11-2015, 01:50 PM
Yes, and the Message could be like this:
"Look at this 'holy' man. Are you going to believe every cheater like him?
Go to IslamicBoard, ask about how to get more robust belief"

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!