/* */

PDA

View Full Version : criticism against musim men marry christians

Lisa921
06-21-2015, 07:53 PM
Assalamu alaykum
I just found this lecture on youtube and I was interested to learn that Christian women themselves are prohibited from marrying outside Christianity.
Now muslim men are allowed to marry only pious Christian women but THEIR law prohibits that so therefore its impossible for a muslim man to marry a believing Christian women who follows her book. That's just the plain truth. Furthermore, there is no coercion in islam toward becoming muslim. So a man marrying a women is a form of coercion toward accepting certain values ie giving up on a law that prohibits the marriage...therefore I believe truly its unfair to Christian women if a muslim man marries her. maybe the muslim man thinks he can convert her or tone down her beliefs but that's ignoring a clear prohibition in her faith. How can a marriage like that survive?

Lisa

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Lisa921
06-21-2015, 07:55 PM
in case anyone wants to see the video its here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEUoXfjK1tc

Abz2000
06-21-2015, 08:44 PM
The latter law overrides the former anyway, therefore one marrying a woman from the people of the book should know and acknowledge beforehand that the person is straying a little since the divine revelation has been made clear and available for over a millenium.

A possible explanation for such imperfect circumstances may be the fact that there's clear hope that the female spouse will come around to the complete faith as they are familiar with the guidance of Allah and accept it partially.
It is also a mercy from Allah that He has not made things overly strict.
Sort of like: if it's going to be anyone other than a Muslim, let it not go beyond those who are in tune with the book.

When it comes to a question of compatibility and cohesion, it is indeed the people of the book that are nearest in methodology and tradition.
The concept of "La ilaha illallah" is there, along with familiarity with the Prophets (pbut).

Also, when the command was given to drive out idolators from the arabian peninsula, the only ones left to interact with socially were the people of the book - again, they were the only non-Muslims who could live peacefully under the Guidance and rule of Allah.
The rest were just recipes for disaster.

Lisa921
06-21-2015, 10:36 PM
Good points made brother.
salaam
lisa

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Karl
06-21-2015, 10:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lisa921
Assalamu alaykum
I just found this lecture on youtube and I was interested to learn that Christian women themselves are prohibited from marrying outside Christianity.
Now muslim men are allowed to marry only pious Christian women but THEIR law prohibits that so therefore its impossible for a muslim man to marry a believing Christian women who follows her book. That's just the plain truth. Furthermore, there is no coercion in islam toward becoming muslim. So a man marrying a women is a form of coercion toward accepting certain values ie giving up on a law that prohibits the marriage...therefore I believe truly its unfair to Christian women if a muslim man marries her. maybe the muslim man thinks he can convert her or tone down her beliefs but that's ignoring a clear prohibition in her faith. How can a marriage like that survive?

Lisa
Muslim men can marry females of any religion but the children must be raised as Muslims. But a godless female would be out of the question as they are beyond redemption.

Woodrow
06-22-2015, 04:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lisa921
Assalamu alaykum

Lisa
As Salamu Alaikum,

We must first define what is meant by a Christian. There are almost countless groups that profess to be Christians at lieast 20,000 diferrnent denominations in the US alone.

some allow marriage only between members of their own denomination. Some will allow marriage among any Christian denomination and others permit marriage with non-Christians. I personally doubt if there are many wearing the name Christian today, that are the same as the Christians mentioned in the Qur'an..

In any event I personally feel that Muslim men should marry Muslim women and think of marrying a non-Muslim only if their are no eligible Muslim women. With todays ease of transportation, there should be no excuse for a Muslim man to marry a non-Muslim woman.

Lisa921
06-25-2015, 12:54 PM
yes I think the paster might be more on the fundamentist Christian side but anyways, I agree with another person on here, that there are not many Christians around that are like those mentioned in Quran.
And also, there are so many Muslim women who need good men in their lives that its more practical and beneficial for men to marry one of them instead of a person of the book.
I know someone who married a practising christain woman but had to divorce immediately as her mother tried to force him to convert to Christianity for the girl....so there are definitely a lot of stuggles and drawbacks in a muslim man marrying a christan woman.
Asila

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!