/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why don't Christian women wear their head covering?

SittingInPlace
06-26-2015, 06:02 PM
I have never seen a Christian women wear their head covering and I am asked frequently why do I wear mine. My question to Christian women is why do you NOT wear YOUR head covering or shave/cut your hair off the way you are supposed to?

"Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head. And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head...If a woman does not cover her head, she should have her hair cut off; and if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut or shaved off, she should cover her head"
1 Corrinthians 11:3-6

"I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God"
1 Timothy 2:9-10

I mean this question with the up most respect to the religion, it just baffles me that you ask about something that you must do yourself but to a bit of a different degree.

Why muslim women wear ours :

"O Prophet! Tell your wives and daughters, and the believing women, that they should cast their outer garments over their persons (when abroad): that is most convenient, that they should be known (as such) and not molested. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."
Quran 33:59

"...they (believing women) should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women...or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex..."
Quran 24:31

Thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Karl
06-27-2015, 12:16 AM
It is because they are not true Christians. They were in the past but they are Christians in name only nowadays, except the real ones that cover up, pray a lot, go to church and adhere to the tenets of their religion. It has gotten so bad in the West that the false Christians and Liberals hassle the devout ones, just like they hassle the devout Muslims. The pope is a communist sycophant of the United Nations so I don't think things are going to get any better.

SittingInPlace
06-27-2015, 12:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karl
It is because they are not true Christians. They were in the past but they are Christians in name only nowadays, except the real ones that cover up, pray a lot, go to church and adhere to the tenets of their religion. It has gotten so bad in the West that the false Christians and Liberals hassle the devout ones, just like they hassle the devout Muslims. The pope is a communist sycophant of the United Nations so I don't think things are going to get any better.
Maybe just making them awere would help? I'm not sure if they read their book, but maybe they haven't read it in its depths? I agree with you, if you are going to claim a title you should put work into what you say you are. You shouldn't just be a Christian (Muslim, Jew, etc) in name but in action as well.

greenhill
06-27-2015, 04:53 AM
Why would they need to do anything, or learn anything if all they have to do is to believe that Jesus died at the cross for their sins. As a result, they will go to heaven no matter what. So easy. Absolutely no need to earn a place by deeds.

:peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
G8R
06-29-2015, 03:33 PM
Hi there. Just a quick comment. Neither of these passages state that women should where a hijab-like head covering in normal activities. One states that she shouldn't have her head uncovered while praying while the other says nothing about a veil covering the hair.

The same kind of goes to the quotes from the quaran. I think the hijab or niqab coverings are more interpreted from the hadith right? There's a quote somewhere that says only a woman's hand and face should be showing, if I remember correctly.

I think there are better passages for both, but I'll have to look them up.

Lisa921
06-30-2015, 03:34 PM
I believe they are afraid to where it and look different. But you do see some amish women wearing it these days. they are about the only women I have seen wearing a head covering and being Christian. Masha allah. It is very hard to go against societal norms like that especially when so many versions of Christianity don't preach about these things and lead women to believe they can dress any which way their heart desires as long as they are a 'good christian'. This is foolish rhetoric. A woman, and even a man, need to be responsible and know that we are human and fallible, we are going to look at each other and have desires that tempt us to sin. So its better to cover up and be modest rather than help shaitan/satan along his evil path.
May Allah guide the ahl al kitab ameen

yologuy
07-01-2015, 08:27 PM
their pastors/priests tell them its not required anymore

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!