/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Family matter

ZKY
07-03-2015, 06:36 PM
Salam brothers and sisters, i pray that everybody has a good and fruitful ramadan

I would like to ask advice on a family matter. I have a relative that sometimes chastise her own child sometimes using harsh words towards her., when she doesn't do what she's being told. I know as a muslim you should obey ones parents, but i feel like a parent doesn't have to put down ones own child by using negative words toward her.
I would like to say something about it but i feel like since i myself don't have any children yet, i feel like i'm no posistion on giving advice on raising children.
I'm asking advice because even words can be sometimes hurtful and can carry until adult age. I dont know how to put it, i feel like telling her to go easy on the child despite shes disobeying her. Should i just leave it and mind my own business.

Thank you and peace to you all

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Abed
07-04-2015, 05:54 PM
Wa alaikum salam, wishing you and all a blessed Ramadan.

Your relative is being harsh on her child. Children deserve to be treated with kindness at all times and by being harsh it will indent their integrity, which, as you say, carry on in adulthood in some cases.

You can advise on the basis of being human, not a parent - in that way put forward your thoughts and both of you could discuss it and find out ways of dealing with the situation. By not understanding the child's way of thinking can bring out negative results which no parent will want.

greenhill
07-07-2015, 11:17 AM
It is never easy and will never be the 'right' moment to bring this matter up. No matter how you may phrase it, say it or even express it, the message will not be taken as positive feedback. I have not come across any parent that is willing to listen and accept advice from anyone regarding raising their child.

All the best

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!