/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Horses are not better than me!

strivingobserver98
07-08-2015, 02:30 PM
"Horses are not better than me!"

Ibn al-Jawzi said:

ﺇﻥ ﺍﻟﺨﻴﻞ ﺇﺫﺍ ﺷﺎﺭﻓﺖ ﻧﻬﺎﻳﺔ ﺍﻟﻤﻀﻤﺎﺭ ﺑﺬﻟﺖ ﻗﺼﺎﺭﻯ ﺟﻬﺪﻫﺎ ﻟﺘﻔﻮﺯ ﺑﺎﻟﺴﺒﺎﻕ .. ﻓﻼ ﺗﻜﻦ ﺍﻟﺨﻴﻞ ﺃﻓﻄﻦ ﻣﻨﻚ !ﻓﺈﻧﻤﺎ ﺍﻷﻋﻤﺎﻝ ﺑﺎﻟﺨﻮﺍﺗﻴﻢ ..ﻓﺈﻧﻚ ﺇﺫﺍ ﻟﻢ ﺗﺤﺴﻦ ﺍﻻﺳﺘﻘﺒﺎﻝ ﻟﻌﻠﻚ ﺗﺤﺴﻦ ﺍﻟﻮﺩﺍﻉ !!

"When horses race and draw close to the finish line, they exert maximum to win. Therefore do not allow horses to be wiser than you! Actions are by their endings and thus if you didn't do too well in the reception, perhaps you may do well in the farewell!"

We may not have taken off too well in the beginning of Ramadan. Perhaps we're still immersed with certain habits, perhaps our hearts are still rock hard, perhaps our eyes are still tearless .. but do not give up!

Ahead of you are the last ten nights of Ramadan, which means: The finish line is so close!

This is when we push ourselves to the limit and fatigue our bodies in the adoration of Allah SWT. This is when hearts must break like never before at the doorstep of Allah!

"What about my terrible start to the month of Ramadan?!" one of us may ask ...

Turn over that page and realise that excelling in what remains will wipe away and compensate for what has passed!

Ibn Taymiyyah said:

ﺍﻟﻌﺒﺮﺓ ﺑﻜﻤﺎﻝ ﺍﻟﻨﻬﺎﻳﺎﺕ ﻻ ﺑﻨﻘﺺ ﺍﻟﺒﺪﺍﻳﺎﺕ

"What matters the most are excellent endings, not the faulty beginnings!"

O Allah! Make the best of our deeds, the last of them.

~ Ust. Ali Hammuda

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
07-08-2015, 02:38 PM
I also read elsewhere that the best of deeds are the ones that are consistent, however small. Apparently better than really big but sporadic.

So start well and incrementally raise to end better through consistent effort.

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!