/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Yawning during salah? Help!

ikz.93
07-12-2015, 01:44 AM
Asalaamu Alaykum,

I have a major problem with yawning during salah. Whenever Im concentrating in my salah I start yawning, why is that? I can't stop it and I've noticed that it's happening in all of my prayers.. What should I do to stop this and can anyone tell me why I keep yawning even when I'm concentrating?

Jazaka'Allah khairun

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Lady A
07-12-2015, 02:22 AM
:wa:

Does it happen when you read Quran too?

If you don't know the meaning of what you're reading in salah then the best tip I can give you is to learn what you're saying. Your mind will be in tune with the words you're reciting during prayer. You have a more meaningful experience that way, and feel even closer to Allah.

(this thread literally made me start yawning)

ikz.93
07-12-2015, 03:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lady A

Does it happen when you read Quran too?

If you don't know the meaning of what you're reading in salah then the best tip I can give you is to learn what you're saying. Your mind will be in tune with the words you're reciting during prayer. You have a more meaningful experience that way, and feel even closer to Allah.

(this thread literally made me start yawning)

It happens only during salah.. 😔 I have learnt the meaning of what I pray in salah which makes me concentrate, but just don't seem to get why I cant stop yawning.. I know its from shaitaan so I tried avoiding it.

Your last comment... LOL! oops

Jazaka'Allah Khayr for your answer sister 🌺

strivingobserver98
07-12-2015, 03:29 AM

Do you read in Jamaat in the masjid, where other brothers yawn too? One brother will yawn and one next to him will and so on... Because it's human psychology when someone else yawns or talks about yawning you will naturally yawn too :D.

Hows your kushoo level in salah? If it is low then yawning can possibly happen from that too.

Edit: Oops forgot your a sister, ignore the brother jamaat example as it doesn't apply to you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Abed
07-12-2015, 10:54 AM
Wa alaikum salam

Sometimes I feel the best way to stop yawning in salah is to have someone standing near you and give you a slap or jerk when you'r about to yawn, lol, it might help chase the satan away and will help stop the yawning . Its very annoying to yawn during salah especially.:hmm:

Lady A
07-12-2015, 01:48 PM
I start yawning when I start to recite the Quran from memory (even after I had coffee!). Yup, it's from shaitan.
Hmm, when you all figure out a good solution lemme know! :p

M.I.A.
07-12-2015, 02:38 PM
Remember yawning etiquette..

When you yawn cover your mouth with the back of your left hand.

Or right hand if you are praying.

Apparently it is a sunnah that I read on the forum.

Although I'm not sure of the benefit.

Also remember to say Allah hu'akbar.

a.danhamidu
09-14-2015, 05:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
Remember yawning etiquette..

When you yawn cover your mouth with the back of your left hand.

Or right hand if you are praying.

Apparently it is a sunnah that I read on the forum.

Although I'm not sure of the benefit.

Also remember to say Allah hu'akbar.
You don't have to be unsure if the benefit, as long as it is a sunnah and you practice it, that in itself is a benefit; obeying Allah's instruction to do as His Messenger did.

Healthwise (Islamically), I wouldn't be surprised if there is a benefit to one's health for covering the yawning mouth with the back of the left hand.

I once read somewhere that if one uses the right hand to cover the yawning mouth, then the palm if that hand is used not its backside...I stand to be corrected as I have not confirmed this.

And also, that its even better to suppress the yawn (using variety of mouth/jaw muscles), which I am able to do easily.

Wishing you the best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!