/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dhuha prayer

soheil1
07-12-2015, 03:53 PM
Salaam.
I want to learn the Dhuha prayer. How do you recite it?
I never recited that.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
07-12-2015, 05:57 PM
:wa:

Salat ad Duha (Morning Prayer)

It is performed after the sun has risen high in the morning, after about one-third of the day has passed and it lasts until zawal. One may perform 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12 rakat of nafl.

Aisha (Allah be pleased with her) was asked how much the Prophet (saws) used to pray for the Duha prayer. She said, “Four rakat or he increased it as Allah wills.” [Muslim]

Also, the Prophet (saws) was reported as saying:

“Whoever prays 12 rakat for the Duha prayer, Allah will built a golden castle for him in Paradise.” [Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah]

Read here too: http://www.islamicboard.com/worship-...-everyday.html

Lady A
07-12-2015, 09:02 PM
:wa:

Duha is prayed just as ordinary nawafil. Nothing special to read.
Can be prayed after sunrise to ~half hour before Dhuhr
Avoid Zenith time, which is basically the moment when the sun is directly overhead and no shadows are cast < a sun position website can help you determine this

It would be awesome if everyone can do this frequently during Ramadhan
While it may not be practical for those working or attending school during those hours, mark your calendars for off days and weekends! :sunny:

soheil1
07-12-2015, 10:33 PM
The thing is I never prayed a Naf; except at one night and maybe a Maghrib. I guess you say it like any other prayar, right?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Lady A
07-12-2015, 10:38 PM
Yup, you got the right idea. 2 rakat, same outline. The only difference is the intention would be for 2 nafl. And in the case of Duha Salah it would be 2 nafl for Duha Salah.

soheil1
07-14-2015, 08:17 AM
Just siad Duha. Some 20 minutes to Zenith.

Lady A
07-15-2015, 02:40 AM
MashaAllah, great! May Allah accept your efforts, Ameen. I encourage you to keep it up and pray duha everyday that you can! :sunny:

soheil1
07-24-2015, 12:23 PM
Recited Duha again. The first Ruk'ah was very hard since I had to cite vashams, but I couldn't remember it and just cited it from my Koran

Lady A
07-24-2015, 03:48 PM
lol, happens to me too! Whenever I start off a surah and I can't remember the next ayah I'll just go for ruku :p

It's amazing that you're making this a habit! mashaAllah I haven't prayed my duha prayers since Ramadan...gotta get back on it!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!