/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Funniest Ramadan Moments

Lady A
07-18-2015, 01:44 AM
:sl:

Share your funniest Ramadan moment!

Sometimes we didn't have enough time to finish our food before Fajr. We would all go quiet and just start chewing really fast to get as much food intake as we could. There were even times we had to rush and finish our hot tea, so we would pour tea onto dinner plates and sip from the plates ;D! Now that I look back I laugh at these moments.

EDIT: pouring the tea on a larger surface helped cool it down a little faster

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
07-18-2015, 04:10 AM
Hmmmm, reminds me of times gone by when the elders used to pour their coffee or tea into saucers and sip the hot drink from it... :embarrass

:peace:

strivingobserver98
07-18-2015, 05:00 AM
Walaikum salam,

Someone nearly tipped over whole cola bottle on someones iftar, then at last minute done a ninja move and picked it up without it hitting the plate [emoji41].

Lady A
07-18-2015, 04:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
Walaikum salam,

Someone nearly tipped over whole cola bottle on someones iftar, then at last minute done a ninja move and picked it up without it hitting the plate [emoji41].
lol, that's awesome, I wish I had ninja moves like that.

Many years ago, I used to go for iftar at my local masjid. I had my back towards a table lined with cups filled with pink milk. Somehow, I tipped over a row of cups and didn't even notice! When I turned to face the serving table the volunteers were wiping it up...I felt sooo bad!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Lady A
07-18-2015, 04:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
Hmmmm, reminds me of times gone by when the elders used to pour their coffee or tea into saucers and sip the hot drink from it... :embarrass

lol, was it customary to drink hot drinks in such a way?

greenhill
07-18-2015, 05:17 PM
I'm not so sure now... I would guess so! I was young and I did observe it done many times. It was almost as though the cup has become the pot and the saucer, a drinking vessel.

But that memory is, Oh! So old.

Muhaba
07-21-2015, 09:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
I'm not so sure now... I would guess so! I was young and I did observe it done many times. It was almost as though the cup has become the pot and the saucer, a drinking vessel.

But that memory is, Oh! So old.

[emoji14]eace:
As children, we used to love drinking from saucers. Lol it was like something special.

greenhill
07-21-2015, 10:05 AM
@Muhaba ,

It was! I actually went to a roadside cafe to drink this way (like the elders)... ;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!