/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Criteria for Spouse Selection

Lightingshine
07-23-2015, 08:48 PM
As salamu Alaikum members, I have observed many different methods of selecting marriage partner.Ironically where I live and majority of family structure base no importance to daughters choice in seeking a life partner.Either she is pressurised by family members to accept her proposal so that patents are fulfilling their responsibility of her marriage or she is blackmailed cursed for not accepting proposal that doesent match her own criteria.Sadly this is a harsh truth she faces which contrasts with teachings of Islam.Muslim lady has a choice to choose her spouse which she feels content and safe with.My question to all of you is what is the proper method of a muslim lady seeking spouse specifically a divorced lady who went through a failed marriage before,how can she find partner for life when her family are not being cooperative in this regard?What is the proper way for her?I hope my answer is in light of a divorced lady who remarries and the Islamic way for it?Kindly give your opinions here 😊thankyou

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Abed
08-13-2015, 07:22 AM
Wa alaikum salam sister, welcome and thanks for your post.

This is a sad case where the family's actions are highly unislamic. Islam allows freedom to choose who you want to marry. But some parents choose to disappoint their daughters for selfish reasons which is why many such mismatched marriages break down.

So now to your question, how would she make the right choices? Firstly, if she has any family member who will support her in her search that would help greatly, and if she doesnt have family to support her the next step would be to approach the Imam of the masjid who can support and speak for her on her behalf

If she's still trying to find a partner word should be spread about it, and her friends should support her in this, and then she can make istikhara if in doubt about the right man and take it from there.

Hope this answer helped.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!