/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how do i improve my iman

muslimrose
07-24-2015, 04:32 PM
Im a sister whos been struggling with iman and i want for my iman to grow stronger..its difficult because im an older woman who lives in sheltered housing and sad to say most of the people are very anti islam so i keep my mouth shut..i get fed up with others saying that allaah is cruel ect..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
07-24-2015, 05:22 PM
I keep telling people it is so easy to lose faith. Somehow my life does not sit easy if I took the easy way. So, it's been really tough. I fry to think about it.

I love stories of reverts. Many see things from perspectives and dimensions that I have never imagined. It does humble.. but I find the 1 and a half hour YouTube talk by Jeffrey Lang on the Purpose of Life made it undeniable for me. Totally energisingly simple, fresh and inspiring. Happy understanding to help with the resolve to deal with life.

:peace:

Vlad
07-24-2015, 07:12 PM
You might enjoy reading this:

www.abdulhaq.info/books/english/muhammadworldscriptures1st.pdf

The author of this book was a Muslim convert.

Vlad
07-24-2015, 07:26 PM
The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Islam began as something strange and will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers.”

“Islam began among a few individuals, then it spread and prevailed, then it will reduce in numbers until there are only a few left, as it was in the beginning.”

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Vlad
07-24-2015, 07:57 PM
Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There will come a time of patience when the one who adheres steadfastly to his religion will be like one who holds a burning coal.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi

Al-Qaari said: The apparent meaning of this hadeeth is that just as it is impossible to hold on to a burning coal except with intense patience and great difficulty, at that time no one will be able to adhere to his religion and the light of faith except with great patience.

Vlad
07-24-2015, 08:53 PM
After the disappearance of one of the most criminal atheist regime from Afghanistan, Sheikh prayed for our brothers and sisters in Afghanistan. It was a very lengthy supplication but I am sharing here some parts of that supplication:

All praise is due to ALLAH who came wth the truth and destroyed falsehood, indeed the falsehood was in vain
All praise is due to ALLAH who helped his slaves and defeated the armies alone
ALL praise is due to ALLAH who granted our brothers emaan after they almost fell into desperation
ALL praise is due to ALLAH who defeated the communists in Kabul
ALL praise is due to ALLAH who aided us in raising 'La illaha illa ALLAH, Muhammadun rasool ALLAH' over the skull of the atheist militants
Glory to be ALLAH, when the throne of an oppressor is shaken
Glory to be ALLAH, the avenger of the oppresed

80s and 90s were very desperate times for the muslims of Afghanistan, atheist militants committed every single war crime against the muslim population. On one side there were Soviet Union and communist party of Afghanistan, and on other side there were secular states like Pakistan and U.S.A. that wanted to influence the outcome. Yet somehow Islam prevailed!

So don't despair, hold fast to your religion.

Lady A
07-24-2015, 09:29 PM
Well, when I have lows in my Iman, I read the 99 names/attributes of Allah with the meanings. When you know your Creator better, you love Him better. And when you love someone you naturally do things to please him/her. By reading the names of Allah, I'm able to understand my Lord and all His capabilities, His love and mercy. It's really heart-warming.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!