/* */

PDA

View Full Version : quick question about hijab

muslimrose
07-24-2015, 04:45 PM
i am a woman of 68 and i live in a sheltered housing scheme most people are very anti islam..i dont wear hijab because i thought that an older woman doesent have to wear the scarf..is that true?? any advice would be welcome

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Vlad
07-24-2015, 07:36 PM
Yes, Allaah has permitted elderly women to uncover their faces before non-mahram men, but that is subject to the condition that they do not uncover anything of their adornment that may be a cause of fitnah, so they should not wear attractive or fancy clothes or put any cosmetics on their faces to beautify them.

​Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And as for women past childbearing who do not expect wedlock, it is no sin on them if they discard their (outer) clothing in such a way as not to show their adornment. But to refrain (i.e. not to discard their outer clothing) is better for them. And Allaah is All‑Hearer, All‑Knower”

[al-Noor 24:60].

http://islamqa.info/en/111940

Vlad
07-24-2015, 07:38 PM
Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked: Is it permissible for a woman of advanced years, such as 70 or 90 years old, to uncover her face before her non-mahram relatives? He replied: Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

And as for women past childbearing who do not expect wedlock, it is no sin on them if they discard their (outer) clothing in such a way as not to show their adornment. But to refrain (i.e. not to discard their outer clothing) is better for them. And Allaah is All‑Hearer, All‑Knower”[al-Noor 24:60].

Women past childbearing are elderly women who are not desired in marriage and who do not put on adornment. There is no sin on them if they uncover their faces before non-mahrams, but for them to observe hijab is better and is more on the safe side, because Allaah says “But to refrain (i.e. not to discard their outer clothing) is better for them” [al-Noor 24:60].

And in some cases seeing them may cause fitnah because of their beautiful appearance even if they are old and not wearing adornment. But if they are wearing adornment, it is not permissible for them to refrain from observing hijab. Adornment includes beautifying the face with kohl (cosmetics) and the like. And Allaah is the source of strength. End quote. Fataawa al-Mar’ah al-Muslimah (1/424).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!