/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Where is the 2015 writing contest

Muhaba
08-25-2015, 07:11 AM
Salams, we didn't even have a proper 2014 writing contest. Anyone interested in a contest this year?

I haven't written any stories lately but maybe I'll get ideas. The writing contest always energizes me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
08-25-2015, 08:13 AM
I am in, I am in (if I find any idea what to write)!

:p:

Muhaba
08-29-2015, 06:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
I am in, I am in (if I find any idea what to write)!

:p:
Ok great. I will probably write about....something

Anyone else interested? We don't have much time till the end of the year so best to get it started quick.

strivingobserver98
08-30-2015, 12:09 PM
I'm definitely interested too! Yes I agree not much time left, we'll try and get this started soon as possible.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MuslimInshallah
08-30-2015, 06:28 PM
Assalaamu alaikum,

Would the writing have to be fiction?

(smile) I look forward to reading the entries. (laugh) And if I'm struck by the muse, I might try my hand, too!

May Allah Bless you all.

Lady A
08-30-2015, 06:29 PM
Looking forward to reading what you all wrote! I cannot commit because I'm not a creative writer nor do I have time as 2015 is winding down :hmm:

Insaanah
10-30-2015, 07:10 PM
:salam:

Any other expressions of interest in taking part?

We could extend the deadline into the beginning of next year...

sister herb
10-30-2015, 07:19 PM
I am in! I am in! :p And a little extension sounds good too.

BlueOwl358
10-30-2015, 07:26 PM
I'll take a go at it, and will probably get some ideas cooking. But I have no idea how these things work. Is there pre-defined topics, or just free for all? What is the normal word count in such stories?

Insaanah
10-30-2015, 07:35 PM

These were the rules for the last contest, just to give an idea: http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...ml#post1601532

Rules for this years contest have not been finalised just yet, but shouldn't be too far off the above.

sister herb
11-06-2015, 09:17 AM
When we can start?

:D

Insaanah
11-09-2015, 11:40 PM
Would anybody be interested in hosting the contest? The host cannot take part themselves, and must be able to log in regularly for the duration on the contest, likely deadline early next year. The host would give the rules, the deadline, encourage entries, and all entries would be sent to the host, and the host would make a thread straight after the deadline, with all the entries so members can vote. We would of course, give all necessary information to the host. If interested, you can either post here or PM me.
Jazaakumullah khayr.

Muezzin
11-13-2015, 06:46 PM
After a long leave of absence, I would like to reply to this thread thusly:

Inshallah.

:)

Insaanah
11-25-2015, 07:46 PM

Jazaakumullaah khayr for your patience.

The 2015 writing contest is now live, here: http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...ml#post2863002

You can still enter even if you haven't publicly expressed an interest.

This thread will now be closed and all further discussion can take place on the above thread.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!