/* */

PDA

View Full Version : helpppppppp

rebekka0002
08-26-2015, 09:06 AM
helpppppp

im in year 9 at a non-muslim school in australia. i have been raised a catholic and really want to convert to islam only there is a few problems.

- my parents are strong christians and there is no way they would accept me being a muslim
- i cannot pray while i am at school because i will have classes at the time for prayer
- i don't know any muslims that live near me and i am struggling to learn to pray in arabic

please if you have any ideas on how to overcome these problems, your advice would really be appreciated:)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
08-26-2015, 02:10 PM
1. they will benefit in this world and in eternity if they accept Islam because it is the truth.
2. you need to tell the teacher that you have a God given right and duty to pray at the correct time.
3. sisters on the board may be able to assist you with the social aspect.
peace to those who follow the true and correct guidance in sincerity and truth.

Muslim Woman
08-26-2015, 03:33 PM
Hello

Welcome to the forum . May God Almighty makes it easy for you to accept Islam .

Pl. contact your local mosque . I m sure , they will help you .

greenhill
08-26-2015, 04:52 PM
Hello there! Welcome to the forum.

Wow! 9 years old and already having so strong a desire. Some people go through a lifetime and not get it.

Remember also that you are not accountable for your actions until you reach puberty.

You still got time to learn your ways. Be patient. It is a lifelong pursuit.

Wishing you a great stay.

:peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Lady A
08-27-2015, 03:13 AM
^ I comprehended that to mean grade 9. :nervous:

@rebekka0002, I applaud your strong desire in Islam. I'm slightly confused, have you converted to Islam? Or you're interested in converting? If you have converted, you're struggling with praying on school premises and telling your parents?

I would suggest for you to wait till the legal age of becoming an adult in your country to reveal to your parents of your conversion. Chances are, they still might not be supportive, but you're at a legal age to make your decisions. As for praying, as a new muslimah you can read along on paper till you learn the prayer by heart, but best to do so quickly as possible. And, I don't know the timings of school for you, but generally high school on my end ended right at 2 pm and would rush and pray dhuhr at home. Middle school would end a little later and would come home and pray dhuhr and asr combined. If I could do it over again, I would request to the teacher to let me out for 5 min to pray. In uni, my classes revolved around my prayer.

Allah knows best.

aflawedbeing
09-25-2015, 02:21 AM
Rebekka, are you still logging in?
I came to Islam in year 12 at school also.

I am also in Australia, with circumstances not dissimilar to your own.
If it helps (I know you said rural) I do have some connections in Gippsland - but short of that if there's anything my wife and I can offer just let me know. :)

May Allah swt continue to guide and reward you. Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!