/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Le Grand Voyage - The Great Journey

Abz2000
08-26-2015, 10:23 PM
i think i posted this somewhere but can't recall where, might aswell review it since pilgrimage season's back:

Réda (Nicolas Cazalé) is a French-Moroccan teenager due to sit for*Baccalauréat. When his devout father (played by Mohamed Majd) asks Réda to accompany him on a*pilgrimage to Mecca, he reluctantly agrees. However, the father insists that they travel by*car.

As both embark on a road trip thousands of kilometres away from*southern France, the once-icy father-and-son relationship starts to thaw as both gradually come to know each other. Réda speaks only in*Frenchto his father, who is seen speaking only*Arabic*for the majority of the film. Later, when necessary, the father proves that he in fact speaks impeccable French; his choice to speak only Arabic to his son is therefore purposeful.

Along the way, the two meet several interesting characters. The son learns about Islam and why his father thought it would be preferable to make the pilgrimage by car rather than by plane.After all their hardships, they reached Mecca but the father died soon after.

The route taken by the father and son goes from Provence,*Francethrough*Italy,*Slovenia,*Croatia,* Serbia,*Bulgaria,*Turkey,*Syria, and*Jordan*before reaching*Saudi Arabia.

available with english subtitles in 10 parts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=3VVvXU8AmJs

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
08-27-2015, 02:39 AM
Link to English sub version please akhi

Scimi

Abz2000
08-27-2015, 04:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Link to English sub version please akhi

Scimi
salamz akhi, hope ur well, it was at the bottom of the last post - shoulda gone to specsavers ey? ::)

Scimitar
08-28-2015, 04:14 AM
time to get me eyes tested, aye captain!!! :D

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!