/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Pharaoh's Hairdresser - Emotional

Umar Ibn Farooq
09-07-2015, 04:10 AM
Asalam O Alaikum. I've recently started to make Islamic inspirational videos for the sake of Allah. If you have time I would appreciate you looking at my channel. Jazakallah Khair :)

https//wwwyoutubecom/watch?v=wA_IOTJt2BA

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umar Ibn Farooq
09-07-2015, 02:26 PM
I can't embed the video because I need to post more. Sorry that I couldn't embed it. Jazakallah Khair

Scimitar
09-07-2015, 04:25 PM
Assalaam alaikum brother Umar :)

A wonderful first attempt mashaAllah. You have yoyur first subscriber - me :) and your first like on the YT vid - me :)

here is your video - embedded:

Scimi

Umar Ibn Farooq
09-07-2015, 07:05 PM
Jazakallah Khair :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
09-07-2015, 08:54 PM
it's an emotionally moving story but i don't think it's true, is there a sound chain of narration for it?
google the terms " juraij monastery isa ibn maryam ditch fire be steadfast "

i recall my builder telling me an incredible story about pharaoh which i can't forget, i did ask him where he heard it and he couldn't provide any source other than, i heard it in a speech and i admonished him.

it went something along the lines of this:
once there was a drought throughout all egypt and people were suffering,
so some people grabbed pharaoh (who called himself God) and said, you ain't escaping today without giving us rain,
so pharaoh said, please guys, give me until tomorrow, they said ok,
that night satan came to him and said: what's the problem?
he replied, now look what fix you've got me into, the people expect me to make it rain.
satan said: don't worry, i'll sort it for ya.
that night satan sent out all the jinns to go and pi&s on everyone's roofs so they duly complied.
the next morning the people confronted pharaoh and said: Oi! what kind of rain did you give us? we couldn't breath properly!

Scimitar
09-07-2015, 09:08 PM
..always check your sources for authentication... well said bro Abz

Scimi

Abz2000
09-07-2015, 09:26 PM
the fact that the pharaoh who had enslaved the children of Israil (pbuh) for years and knew that they worshipped the God of Ibrahim (pbuh),
and the fact that he didn't care much when Musa (pbuh) came back and told him that Allah was the Lord and Master of the heavens and earth and all between,
and only got a bit concerned when Musa said that Allah is the the Lord and Master of Pharaoh and his forefathers,
but pricked his ears up, took exception and started making threats after Musa (pbuh) told him that Allah was the Lord of the east and west and all that fell between them
- indicates that pharaoh was quite secular and liberal when it came to worship and didn't care what people believed as long as it didn't affect the corrupt politics of the dominion of egypt to which he claimed sole ownership and authority to legislate over.

anyway, Allah knows best, is there anything to give credence to the story?

Umar Ibn Farooq
09-08-2015, 01:37 AM
Well the story is coming from a very well known scholar (Bilal Assad). He is known to be an austrailian teacher and I feel that he is a good representation of Islam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!