/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are we abolishing Qurbani?

Ridwaan Ravat
09-10-2015, 04:48 PM
Our new way of Qurbani..... We choose an organisation, sometimes looking for the cheapest shares, then we go on the internet, press A few buttons or with the click of a mouse or touchscreen, funds are transferred & Qurbani is done . Whew!!! You breathe a sigh of relief & feel like a burdens lifted off you. Then there are some of us who go directly to the farm, not only because it is cheaper but everything is taken care off, from the slaughtering to the slicing & distributing. Its so simple, yet I have a huge yard, but I can't handle all the blood & the mess, so the farm suits me perfectly.

Where have the days gone when we did our own Qurbani, when families gathered to witness & perform this virtuous act? Yes, it was hard work & a lot of cleaning up afterwards, but the real essence of Qurbani was felt & kept alive. It was a joyous, barakah-filled occasion for all especially the children who still remembered every detail for years to come.

But sadly in a few years, Muslims won't know what Qurbani is anymore. Some of our children haven't even witnessed a sheep/ goat getting slaughtered & when they become adults the sunnah of Nabi Ebrahim AS will just be a faraway myth, found only between the pages of Islamic history.

To them Eid ul Adha will signify transferring funds to some relief agency & things will be taken care of. The whole idea of experiencing the act, to witness & to feel what Nabi Ebraheem AS had to face, will all be lost but the greater loss will surely be all the huge rewards that we will be throwing away.

Hazrat Ali RA reports that Rasulullah SAW said to Hazrat Fatimah RA:

“O Fatimah! Go & witness your Qurbani, because the first drop of blood that falls from it causes all your sins to be forgiven..."

Please do your part in keeping the Qurbani spirit alive for the future generations to come. Nabi Ebrahim AS was prepared to sacrifice his beloved son. Surely we can sacrifice our homes & comfort for just one day. Yes, definitely donate & give your Qurbani away to the less priveledge but do this only AFTER u have made ur own Qurbani at home.

If you have family & friends that live iη flats & don't have the place, open your hєart & homes & invite them to make their Qurbani at ur place. In a time, when there is so much disunity & enmity this is A great way of fostering brotherhood & gaining extra rewards for doing so. It is mentioned in a Hadith that Nabi Kareem SAW said (to the effect);

“On no other days are good actions more beloved to Allah Ta’ala than on these days (i.e. the first ten days of Zul-Hijjah) ..." (Bukhari)

PS: please share this post with others. إنشاء الله ,it might be able to change one persons heart to perform their Qurbani at home.

Please forgive me, as this post is not meant to offend anyone.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
09-10-2015, 04:55 PM
here's mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQk1SJjQpSU

strivingobserver98
09-10-2015, 05:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
Masha Allah the motherland :).

Where's the eating part? :D

Abz2000
09-10-2015, 05:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
Masha Allah the motherland :).

Where's the eating part? :D
i'll uploaad it in a bit bro :)
just make sure u got your bib on or you'll be dribbling for BD.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
09-10-2015, 05:31 PM
Assalamualaikum.

How if I choose and buy lamb by myself then give it to the masjid that organize qurbani?. I choose masjid because they can organize qurbani and distribute meat better than if it done by myself.

Abz2000
09-10-2015, 07:36 PM

from what i've witnessed though i can assure you that the poor in the countries where income is not very high appreciate the halal qurbani meat much more than many of us could imagine, so it would be a wise idea for those who can to keep that in mind, and most of us can afford an extra lamb for the kids to see anyway.

there are some people who only get to eat beef on eid and at wedding or funeral invitations, they never buy it. Just somethimg to keep in mind when deciding where to have the Qurbani.

Ridwaan Ravat
09-15-2015, 02:29 PM

jameelash
09-19-2015, 04:59 PM
ARE WE ABOLISHING QURBANI..?Our new way of Qurbani.....!!!We choose an organisation, sometimes looking for the cheapest shares, then we go on the internet, press A few buttons or with the click of a mouse or touchscreen, funds are transferred & Qurbani is done...*Whew !!!*You breathe a sigh of relief & feel like a burdens lifted off you...*Then there are some of us who go directly to the farm, not only because it is cheaper but everything is taken care off, from the slaughtering to the slicing & distributing. Its so simple, yet I have a huge yard, but I can't handle all the blood & the mess, so the farm suits me perfectly...Where have the days gone when we did our own Qurbani...*When families gathered to witness & perform this virtuous act..?*Yes, it was hard work & a lot of cleaning up afterwards, but the real essence of Qurbani was felt & kept alive...*It was a joyous, barakah-filled occasion for all especially the children who still remember every detail for years to come...!!!*But sadly in a few years, Muslims won't know what Qurbani is anymore. Some of our children haven't even witnessed a sheep/goat getting slaughtered & when they become adults the sunnah of Nabi Ebrahim AS will just be a faraway myth, found only between the pages of Islamic history...To them Eid ul Adha will signify transferring funds to some relief agency & things will be taken care of. The whole idea of experiencing the act, to witness & to feel what Nabi Ebraheem AS had to face, will all be lost but the greater loss will surely be all the huge rewards that we will be throwing away !!!Hazrat Ali RA reports that Rasulullah SAW said to Hazrat Fatimah RA :*“O Fatimah !! Go & witness your Qurbani, because the first drop of blood that falls from it causes all your sins to be forgiven..."**Please do your part in keeping the Qurbani spirit alive for the future generations to come. Nabi Ebrahim AS was prepared to sacrifice his beloved son. Surely we can sacrifice our homes & comfort for just one day !!!Yes, definitely donate & give your Qurbani away to the less priveledge but do this only AFTER u have made ur own Qurbani at home...If you have family & friends that live iη flats & don't have the place, open your hєart & homes & invite them to make their Qurbani at ur place...*In a time, when there is so much disunity & enmity this is A great way of fostering brotherhood & gaining extra rewards for doing so. It is mentioned in a Hadith that Nabi Kareem SAW said (to the effect);“On no other days are good actions more beloved to Allah Ta’ala than on these days (i.e. the first ten days of Zul-Hijjah) ..."(Bukhari)PS : Please share this with others.* إنشاء الله , it might be able to change hearts to perform their Qurbani at home...!!!

oasis123
09-19-2015, 05:55 PM
I agree with you sister, nowadays we are seeing that the people are buying animals online for Qurbani and moving away from their traditions. People are preferring to buy online because it is saving their money and time. In the local markets, prices are not fixed. If the buyer seems to be a rich guy, they are charging more money. The prices are not fixed. Whereas in the online market prices are fixed and also reasonable. But the fact that, we have to check the animal for any disabilities or marks which are by birth is also a concern. Because we can't thoroughly examine online. The sellers are claiming they ensure that no fault will be present in the animal and some are also offering money back guarantee. I also heard that Muslim scholars have different views on the matter. Some are saying it's permissible to buy due to the high variance of price in the local markets. Whereas some are saying its not permissible because we cannot examine the animal in detail.

BeTheChange
09-19-2015, 08:05 PM
Alhamdullah we are blessed to be doing Qurbani at home this year.

I believe we have to approach our local butchers and ask them, but i am concerned Bismillahi Allahu Akbar might not be recited and this will invalidate the act and make the meat haraam. Is there anything i can do to ensure our sunnah is followed?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!