/* */

PDA

View Full Version : In Progress Can you help us write a forum description?

strivingobserver98
10-05-2015, 04:48 PM
You may have noticed we don't actually have a "About us" section. Or a long description saying what the forum is about, our aims, objectives etc.

We have bits of the information but we want to compile everything all in one.

If you can provide any input and ideas on what else to write would be greatly appreciated :). :jz:

Useful information to help:

Tagline: Discover Islam | Connect with Muslims

Islamicboard Forums (islamicboard.com) was launched in December 2004 as a community forum with the mission of spreading information about Islam.
1. Help build an e-Muslim community that supports each other, and promotes the Islamic image.
2. The purpose of this forum is to educate non-Muslims and Muslims about Islam and its tenets.
The mission of our e-Islamic community is to help foster a better understanding of Islam.
One of the largest Muslim discussion forums on the net, with over 30,000 members and 1.2 Million posts covering a wide range of topics aimed for all audiences. Join in the daily interactive discussions and access a wealth of information.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MuslimInshallah
10-05-2015, 08:33 PM
Assalaamu alaikum Farhan,

I wonder if you mightn't add something about the Forum being a non-authoratitave source? I'm not sure quite how you'd formulate this, but something to the effect that we are ordinary people struggling to understand and implement Islam to the best of our knowledge, but that we aren't scholars.

May Allah, the Friend, Patron and Helper, Guide us to what is Pleasing to Him.

BeTheChange
10-05-2015, 09:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah
Assalaamu alaikum Farhan,

I wonder if you mightn't add something about the Forum being a non-authoratitave source? I'm not sure quite how you'd formulate this, but something to the effect that we are ordinary people struggling to understand and implement Islam to the best of our knowledge, but that we aren't scholars.

May Allah, the Friend, Patron and Helper, Guide us to what is Pleasing to Him.
Walaikumasalaam,

Following on from sis Muslim In sha Allah suggestion, i've typed a little cheesy paragraph.

Feel free to adjust, edit or radically change it all :D.

Everyone who is willing to respect the rules is welcome. We have Muslim and non-Muslim members from all over the globe and of course, from all different nationalities, ages and backgrounds. The end goal is to teach, learn and implement an Islamic way of life and best of all the forum is moderated with experienced members of staff so safety is always at the heart of this forum. So don’t delay, join today!!

Muhaba
10-05-2015, 10:20 PM
I only rewrote whatwas given above.

Islamicboard Forums (islamicboard.com), one of the largest Muslim discussion forums on the net, was launched in December 2004 as a community forum with the mission of spreading information about Islam to Muslims and non-Muslims.
Specifically we have the following goals:
1. Help build an e-Muslim community that supports each other, and promotes the Islamic image.
2. Educate non-Muslims and Muslims about Islam and its tenets.
3. Provide e-Islamic community that helps foster a better understanding of Islam
4. Provide a venue for non-Muslims to interact with Muslims

With over 30,000 members and 1.2 Million posts covering a wide range of topics aimed for all audiences, Islamic Board is one of the best Muslim resources on the net and an excellent venue for communication and discussion among Muslims and between Muslims and non-Muslims.

It is important to keep in mind that, since most of the members are ordinary lay Muslims and not scholars, therefore Islamic Board is not an authoritative source and it is upon the reader to verify any advice or views they read on Islamic topics. Nonetheless, Islamic Board is an excellent platform for Islamic material.

So join in the daily interactive discussions and access a wealth of information. Register today.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Celebrimbor
10-09-2015, 08:55 AM
Are you that Farhan or this Farhan ? ^o)

strivingobserver98
10-09-2015, 09:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Celebrimbor
Are you that Farhan or this Farhan ? ^o)
There's only one Farhan and that's me. [emoji102]

Celebrimbor
10-09-2015, 09:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
There's only one Farhan and that's me. [emoji102]
Alright, I'll consider it as a no.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!