/* */

PDA

View Full Version : why are divorce rates going higher among muslims?

BilalKid
10-12-2015, 04:06 AM
^ question on title ^o)

“A recent study conducted by Dr. Ilyas Ba-Yunus, a sociology professor at State University of New York, found an alarming increase in divorce rate among Muslims in North America reaching 31%.” (The Muslim Tribune)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
10-12-2015, 05:57 AM
:sl:

both muslim men and women don't follow Islam properly , couple fight for their rights , ignore their duties , women don't respect husband , husbands don't appreciate wives instead fond of other women etc etc etc .:exhausted

~Zaria~
10-12-2015, 07:50 AM
:sl:

The invitation of shaytaan into our homes (through television, filthy magazines and newspapers),
The admiration and adoption of a western, secular way of life - in preference over the sunnah of the prophet (sallalahu alaihi wasalam),
The easy access to all forms of zina, from young, impressionable ages,
The free-mixing of genders - and neglecting to realize the harms thereof,
The scourge of pre-marital relationships - and perceiving the islamic manner of introductions and marriage as being 'backward' and irrelevant,
The disrespect of parents,
The feminist movement for 'equal rights'....

....have all contributed in some way to the increase in divorces amongst our brothers and sisters.

The solution, in shaa Allah, is to forsake all avenues that lead (even remotely) towards zina and the displeasure of Allah....and to come back to the commands of Allah and His Nabi (sallalahu alaihi wasalam)

sister herb
10-12-2015, 10:54 AM
Muslims have adopted the Western way of life, where all you want right away, also happiness in life and marriage.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Celebrimbor
10-12-2015, 11:53 AM
Ungratefulness

BilalKid
10-13-2015, 02:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
The feminist movement for 'equal rights'....
how does this make divorce rates higher?

sister herb
10-13-2015, 07:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BilalKid
how does this make divorce rates higher?
I am wondering this too. We can of course blame "feminists" about many things but when they demand to women the same rights before the law, what´s the problem? All people should demand similar rights for women too, not only "the feminists".

^o)

Celebrimbor
10-13-2015, 07:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
but when they demand to women the same rights before the law, equal pay and higher salaries for the works where most of workers are women or the same rights to be chosen to a work or rights for the girls to get higher education, what´s the problem? All people should demand similar rights for women too, not only "the feminists".
On the outset, it seems like you've been intoxicated with their mentality or perhaps, feminist 'equal rights' maybe alien to you. I'd prefer the latter. Feminism and their 'equal rights' is a great movement for the completion of the prophecy about Dajjal and women. That's how I see it and it could really be an imagination but a scary imagination due to the vast similarities.

Two quotes by I don't know who,

"We must not allow ourselves to be deflected by the feminists who are anxious to force us to regard the two sexes as completely equal in position and worth."

"Feminism has wreaked havoc on marriage, women, children and men. It is time to redress the disorder it has wrought and that must start with getting the principles and ideals for a new "masculinism" right."

Now, the feminist 'equal rights' differ from Muslim women rights as per Allah's law with no comparison. So if the demand is for Muslim Women rights, none should go tipsy unless they're smoking some African jungle pot to demand some fictitious "equality".

sister herb
10-13-2015, 08:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Celebrimbor
On the outset, it seems like you've been intoxicated with their mentality or perhaps, feminist 'equal rights' maybe alien to you. I'd prefer the latter.
Salam alaykum

I don´t think that all feminists are the same or demand similar things like some far-right feminists do. Some of them demand things like equal rights for women to get same salary from the same work than men. Like why female doctor should get smaller salary than male doctor. That is bad? Or rights for the girls to get education. Isn´t Islam too demand this?

Here is example:

Kind of matters like girls education don´t seem to be any big problem at this time in the West where all kids go to school and learn to read but before, about 100 years ago or little more, situation wasn´t same. It was very normal to send only boys to school while girls didn´t learn even how to read. But women started to demand the right for going to school for the girls too. If they didn´t, maybe nothing wouldn´t ever change and it´s possible that also I wouldn´t discuss about this matter with you right now - as I maybe wouldn´t know how to read or write as I am female. Thanks for this to my early sisters in sisterhood that they fought this right to me.

Calm down and don´t generalize too much. And no, I am not going to discuss about feminism in here! I know that mostly I would get similar answers like your one - full of generalizations.

Celebrimbor
10-13-2015, 08:19 AM
Salam alaykum
I don´t think that all feminists are the same or demand similar things like some far-right feminists do. Some of them demand things like equal rights for women to get same salary from the same work than men. Like why female doctor should get smaller salary than male doctor. That is bad? Or rights for the girls to get education.
Wa'alaykumsalam

If that's what you think, you got another think coming. What you should do is, throw that feminist concept and word in the toilet commode and demand for what is simply right.

Isn´t Islam too demand this?
That pretty much is the bottom line.

Celebrimbor
10-13-2015, 08:39 AM
Thanks for this to my early sisters in sisterhood that they fought this right to me.
I'd thank Islam.

You need to read history more than 100 years ago, maybe 1000s.

I'm amazed how one can thank "feminism" BS. You wanna fight, fight for what's right without associating to some obnoxious movement.

sister herb
10-13-2015, 09:08 AM
I'd thank Islam.

You need to read history more than 100 years ago, maybe 1000s.

I'm amazed how one can thank "feminism" BS. You wanna fight, fight for what's right without associating to some obnoxious movement.
Salam alaykum

Yes I thank Islam for giving rights for women but I was talking about situation in the West during the time when there weren´t any influence of the Islam. In the West women hadn´t those rights what Islam gave to women a lot of earlier. Yep, I have read the history but I mentioned that period as about 100 or 150 years ago in the West women hadn´t any rights. They started to demand their rights - like rights to be equal, not only the property of their father or husband. At that time they then were the feminists - women who wanted to be equal with others. Maybe you too should read the history - at that time in the societies in the West also men, if they hadn´t property, were legitimate property of their landlords but that´s the other matter and doesn´t belongs to this topic.

I am not fighting with any movement and if you think so when I say I respect the accomplishments of the past generations, we really don´t speak about the same matter at all. So to me "feminism" doesn´t mean same than to you.

Now back to topic eh? You can find a lot of threads here where you can discuss about the feminism like you see it. It is not how I see it.

http://www.islamicboard.com/family-a...light=feminism

Celebrimbor
10-13-2015, 09:32 AM

Yes I thank Islam for giving rights for women but I was talking about situation in the West during the time when there weren´t any influence of the Islam. In the West women hadn´t those rights what Islam gave to women a lot of earlier. Yep, I have read the history but I mentioned that period as about 100 or 150 years ago in the West women hadn´t any rights. They started to demand their rights - like rights to be equal, not only the property of their father or husband. At that time they then were the feminists - women who wanted to be equal with others. Maybe you too should read the history - at that time in the societies in the West also men, if they hadn´t property, were legitimate property of their landlords but that´s the other matter and doesn´t belongs to this topic.

I am not fighting with any movement and if you think so when I say I respect the accomplishments of the past generations, we really don´t speak about the same matter at all. So to me "feminism" doesn´t mean same than to you.

Now back to topic eh? You can find a lot of threads here where you can discuss about the feminism like you see it. It is not how I see it.

http://www.islamicboard.com/family-a...light=feminism
Witnessing the result/outcome of "Feminism" in the West, I'm baffled that anyone would have something to thank that for. That's like witnessing a rape and then arguing that, at least he used protection.

If how you see it goes against how majority of the Muslims sees it, then I think you should be worried.

Nevertheless, as I previously said, the labels should be smashed and fight for what's right. One don't need to be a feminist to fight, just be human. A Muslim human makes it even better :)

sister herb
10-13-2015, 09:44 AM
Salam alaykum

Just this is the problem: we aren´t even speak about same matter or we understand the word the feminist by different ways. To me anyone who demands equal rights for men and women, can be labeled as feminist as she or he supports the women's rights. That´s very simple. Maybe better not call it as the feminism at all as this words seems to make you (and many others) to feel sick. So, what about the term "a defender of women's rights". Or are you against the women´s rights in general like rights for education? Defending the women´s rights is many times also defending the human rights in general - also the rights of men.

Abdul Emwazi
10-13-2015, 10:14 AM
Feminism is a disgusting abomination. Here in the west it is destroying society since its creation. I have no problem with a female being educated. What I find disgusting is that females feel that they have the same role as a man. No. Women can not do everything just as good as a man can.

Abdul Emwazi
10-13-2015, 10:15 AM
In the USA the roles of men and women have been blurred.

Celebrimbor
10-13-2015, 10:16 AM
Just this is the problem: we aren´t even speak about same matter or we understand the word the feminist by different ways. To me anyone who demands equal rights for men and women, can be labeled as feminist as she or he supports the women's rights. That´s very simple.
'Equal right' is a very very vague term. If you try to write down all YOUR valid points to equalize the rights of men and women, you would only have very few which can be counted by one hand and nothing new. However, if you write down all the "Equal rights" which "Feminist" wants, you might go insane by its sheer stupidity. It could also take a person off Islam who agree to all their 'equal right' points.

By understanding your definition, it seems like if a MAN supports 'equal rights' for men and women, then he can be labeled as FEMINIST ?... Well then, sounds like I need to stay away from that "man" huh.

Or are you against the women´s rights in general like rights for education?
If you ever concluded that from all my posts above, then consider it to be an insult to your education. Nice sarcasm though.

So, what about the term "a defender of women's rights".
Be creative in inventing a term and do not use a used spoilt term "Feminist" or better perhaps, just forget the terms/labels and fight for what's right (men/women). I've said it like 3 or 4 times now, you cannot miss this.

sister herb
10-13-2015, 10:30 AM
Well, here are some men whose label themselves as feminists when they defend the women´s rights. ;D

I respect those people in the past and at the present whose defend human rights - women´s rights for the equality as well the men´s rights for the equality. That´s all. If you like to call it as the feminism, all right then.

Back to topic, ok?

But the main question was, how decades long work for the women´s rights in the West has contributed to the fact that Muslim divorces have increased in the Western world?

Celebrimbor
10-13-2015, 11:04 AM
But the main question was, how decades long work for the women´s rights in the West has contributed to the fact that Muslim divorces have increased in the Western world?
One of the probable reason for increased divorces might be when women in the West keeps demanding their invalid or non-existent rights as rights. And as you said earlier,
Muslims have adopted the Western way of life
. :hiding:

sister herb
10-13-2015, 11:23 AM
One of the probable reason for increased divorces might be when women in the West keeps demanding their invalid or non-existent rights as rights. And as you said earlier, . :hiding:
Ok. I have all the time talked about rights which belong to women (as they belong to everyone). I have no idea what you have talked about.

So, here are two things: the Western women have demands (what ever they are, that´s not the point - some demands this and another that) and Muslim women in the West listen the Western women too much and forget what Islam says about women´s rights. So Muslim women (as well Muslim men) should not listen the western opinions too much. As I wrote: "Muslims have adopted the Western way of life".

Do we agree about something? :hiding:

Celebrimbor
10-13-2015, 11:32 AM
So, here are two things: the Western women have demands (what ever they are, that´s not the point - some demands this and another that) and Muslim women in the West listen the Western women too much and forget what Islam says about women´s rights. So Muslim women (as well Muslim men) should not listen the western opinions too much. As I wrote: "Muslims have adopted the Western way of life".

Do we agree about something? :hiding:
Voila.. Spot on. *clap hands*

Just let me add 'some' Muslim women/men before anyone deploy their claws.

sister herb
10-13-2015, 11:43 AM
I agree. I forgot the word some.

MuslimInshallah
10-13-2015, 01:13 PM
Assalaamu alaikum,

Why are the divorce rates getting higher in the Muslim community? Oh goodness... there are many different reasons, it seems to me.

Muslims who marry just to get immigration is one. The lack of family ties in a new country is another. Culture clashes between families of different ethnic backgrounds is another. The very real problems of domestic abuse are another. The focus on superficialities at the expense of considering good character is another. The stresses of the modern life is another. The all-too-easy access to vice is another. And there are others...

It may seem then that there is no solution. But I think there is. Underlying a lot of problems in the world at large, I believe, is a lack of deepening our relationship with Allah. Our own relationship. (smile) It is so easy to look at another and say: Hmm... the problem is you. (smile) It lets us off the hook. But truly, the only person that we have any power over is ourselves.

When we work to deepen our relationship with Allah, this transforms us, slowly but surely. If we are transgressing, then we work on restraining ourselves from these acts. If we are permitting a transgression through lack of action, then we must work on restraining our laziness/fear/love of wealth/love of position, etc.

(smile) When we look at ourselves, and look to see where we are weak and flawed, we help build conditions for a better society. (smile) And we open the way to walk towards our Lord.

May Allah, the Reinstater Who Brings Back All, Guide and Strengthen us in the Greater Struggle.

Abdul Emwazi
10-14-2015, 12:46 PM
Sister you are so very correct!

Futuwwa
11-01-2015, 10:32 PM
Parents that coerce their children into marriages that should never have happened in the first place.

Ahmed2014
11-02-2015, 02:09 AM
Another reason is that when things go sour, or break, or need fixing, this 'modern' generation has been thought that if something is broken you go buy something new. If something new comes out, you go and replace something old. This consumer mentality.

On the other hand, the older generations they used to live long together, but they strived to keep things together, to fix things, to communicate, to understand one another, to adjust for each other, etc... etc... something that the attitude driven new generation doesn't.

Who needs 'you' when I can get someone else 'easily'.

Something goes wrong, run off for someone new. Something goes wrong, run away from the problem rather than facing/resolving it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!