/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why is this forum not too lively?

Snow
10-21-2015, 06:42 PM
There are so many users.
I usually see a bunch viewing certain topics but no posts follow.
Are you shy or something?
Throw in your views. A lively forum is much more fun.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
10-21-2015, 06:44 PM
It's another groggy Wednesday, in UK everyone has come back from work few hours ago. So they must be tired I think :skeleton:.

Friday & Saturdays are much livelier.

sister herb
10-21-2015, 07:06 PM
Of my mind this forum is quite active. I think that sometimes members just don´t know what to comment.

And of course, a workday is behind and the bed is in the mind.

MidnightRose
10-21-2015, 07:41 PM
I'd like to post more. Life gets in the way of that. I enjoy reading everyone's posts though. And, like sister herb said, many times I'm not sure what to say. I like to listen instead.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IslamicRevival
10-21-2015, 09:17 PM
I think it's a lack of time, added to the fact there are a lack of thought provoking threads nowadays? Where have the Palestine, Syria, Iraq and general world affairs theads gone? Why is there no emphasis on these topics anymore, have we given up?

crimsontide06
10-21-2015, 10:26 PM
I think this(like the other Islamic forum I am on) is a mostly UK forum, so everyone here is mostly asleep when other users are on.

Snow
10-22-2015, 03:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vision
I think it's a lack of time, added to the fact there are a lack of thought provoking threads nowadays? Where have the Palestine, Syria, Iraq and general world affairs theads gone? Why is there no emphasis on these topics anymore, have we given up?
Great point.
The lack of topics is not an excuse.

Umm Abed
10-22-2015, 07:39 AM
Initially when I joined, I asked the same question too.

Id like a lively, active forum with greater interaction from members and Islamicboard is the right place to be, but dont worry - we'r getting there - lets take the plunge!;D

Abz2000
10-22-2015, 08:38 AM
it's probably due to the fact that people want to talk about Islam as it was reavealed rather than USlam.

sister herb
10-22-2015, 08:56 AM
Some time ago I talked with one admin and described one other forum what is more quiet than this one as "People don´t even fight in there". So as long as here we meet bloody debates and fighting, we shouldn´t be very worry about activity of the forum.

;D

Abz2000
10-22-2015, 10:01 AM
we need to invite sister skyes/bluebell/jauryah and msalman back, with a personalised message from all members who knew them and new members who are interested.
also Amat Allah and the indonesian mod brother and the geneticist from south u.s
i used to enjoy debating pygo and czgibson until i found myself on my own.
weird how polarization and steadfastness come from confusion, controversy and investigation.

Snow
10-22-2015, 05:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
we need to invite sister skyes/bluebell/jauryah and msalman back, with a personalised message from all members who knew them and new members who are interested.
also Amat Allah and the indonesian mod brother and the geneticist from south u.s
i used to enjoy debating pygo and czgibson until i found myself on my own.
weird how polarization and steadfastness come from confusion, controversy and investigation.
I am not familiar with those users but a good debate can be fun.
As a member of this forum, I am to be blamed as well.
I'll try to post more often.
Hopefully not to the horror of others.

BilalKid
10-22-2015, 08:44 PM
seems active to me :statisfie

AhmedGassama
10-23-2015, 03:40 PM
This forum is quite active, but if some people don't participate in some topics then it's okay because silence is good when one doesn't know about the topic.

Snow
10-23-2015, 09:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhmedGassama
This forum is quite active, but if some people don't participate in some topics then it's okay because silence is good when one doesn't know about the topic.
I think that ignorant posts are great.
At least they can get informed, instead of not participating and just staying ignorant.

M.I.A.
10-23-2015, 11:02 PM
can somebody please tell me if dominos pizza is ok for muslims.

i ordered 2 veggie volcano's... one gluten free.

although they are labeled suitable for vegetarians on the menu, the muslim man behind the counter said they (dominos) are not guaranteed halal. (new guy never seen him before)

he handed me a leaflet but i lost it somewhere between paying for it and taking it to the car.

id get another leaflet but the guy just exploded on me...

yeah il take one sure...by.... bye.

the ancient proverb of lurk moar probably applies to such a serious forum.. but i suppose someone stirs the pot every now and then.

AhmedGassama
10-24-2015, 12:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snow
I think that ignorant posts are great.
At least they can get informed, instead of not participating and just staying ignorant.
Yes they can get informed, i didn't say no, but if someone who doesn't know about a subject is better for him to be quiet.
If for example someone make a threat about Zakat, the answer must be given by someone who know about that subject.
This is my opinion and Allahu A'alam

strivingobserver98
10-25-2015, 11:08 PM
Things are looking good :D.

The most members online in one day was 97, 35 Minutes Ago.

Abz2000
10-26-2015, 04:09 PM
oh my God this is a victor meldrew moment!

this forum has come to life in three days and three nights!

Celebrimbor
10-27-2015, 12:57 PM
Maybe the owner should start some kind of competition and reward us with reps/gifts/money/vouchers etc for winning. What say you chief ? ;D

sister herb
10-27-2015, 02:01 PM
We have had here sometimes competitions, like writing contests. Sometimes some quiz.

http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...riting+contest

I am not sure about prizes but propably winner can get some extra reps. I afraid they don´t send the cake to the winner... :nervous:

Celebrimbor
10-27-2015, 02:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
We have had here sometimes competitions, like writing contests. Sometimes some quiz.

I am not sure about prizes but propably winner can get some extra reps. I afraid they don´t send the cake to the winner... :nervous:
So it seems only sisters participated ? And all the three winners are sisters ? And only one brother commented just to congratulate the winners ? How can sisters be that good in writing ? This is Unpossible.

@فرحان Which is the nearest cliff in middle east ? I think its time for us to jump.

M.I.A.
10-27-2015, 02:18 PM
You only need 9000 reps to get invited into the secret ib forum..

It's over 9000!

:| ...dragon ball z fans will get it, it was kinda funny..

Probably.

Think the forum already does custom titles for competition winners and stuff..

And iv been to forums that have discount promo's for forum members from related businesses.

Scimitar
10-27-2015, 02:21 PM

Forum cakes are a myth. :D True

Scimi

AhmedGassama
10-27-2015, 02:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
Things are looking good :D.
I'm sure this happened thanks to me since i became active here :D

Scimitar
10-27-2015, 02:32 PM
I can believe that :)

Scimi

sister herb
10-27-2015, 02:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Celebrimbor
So it seems only sisters participated ? And all the three winners are sisters ? And only one brother commented just to congratulate the winners ? How can sisters be that good in writing ? This is Unpossible.

@فرحان Which is the nearest cliff in middle east ? I think its time for us to jump.
You can to be the first active writer brother here then. Before the results of the winner will publish, we don´t know the names of the writers - neither are they sisters or brothers. Good luck - I think that also at this year will be the writing contest. :statisfie

format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Forum cakes are a myth. :D True

Scimi
What? Are you serious??? imsad

Scimitar
10-27-2015, 02:48 PM
Yeah... trust me I was disappointed when they told me I won a cake on VigilantForums back in the day... I PM'd a mod my address and everything :(

So now, I just post pics of ice cream instead. Fancy some sister?

Ice cream makes it all better :)

Scimi

Celebrimbor
10-27-2015, 03:13 PM
Good luck - I think that also at this year will be the writing contest. :statisfie
Thanks. Just vote for me blindly.

strivingobserver98
10-28-2015, 07:54 PM
Does everyone here like prizes? :). By prizes I mean real things, not just rep points.

Maybe we can consider a custom made chocolate bar or selection box with your name, or money, or gift voucher.. Tons of ideas :D.

sister herb
10-28-2015, 08:03 PM
Noooooooo. Rep points are just fine. Or knowing that for example story in the writing contest was fine and it gave joy to others whose read it, is enough.

We aren´t greedy (although chocolate does sound good :p )

BeTheChange
10-28-2015, 08:04 PM
It doesn't matter how lively this forum is.

What matters is the knowledge we gain and the changes we make to our life and the people around us.

In my humble opinion.

May Allah swt help us benefit from this forum Ameen.

Celebrimbor
10-29-2015, 07:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
Does everyone here like prizes? :). By prizes I mean real things, not just rep points.

Maybe we can consider a custom made chocolate bar or selection box with your name, or money, or gift voucher.. Tons of ideas :D.
Everyone is too shy to directly say 'Yes' to your offer, so I will accept it on their behalf.

Scimitar
10-30-2015, 12:29 PM
Forum chocolate is a myth :D

Scimi

sister herb
10-30-2015, 12:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Forum chocolate is a myth :D

Scimi
Don´t ruin our dreams!!!!! imsad

Scimitar
10-30-2015, 02:20 PM
*looks at Farhan!!!:hmm:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!