/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Beneficial Quotes by IslamicBoard members

strivingobserver98
10-21-2015, 10:43 PM
:sl:

If a forum member has said something valuable in a thread and worth to be quoted, then share them here :). :ia: we can gain benefit from them.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
10-21-2015, 11:05 PM
Great wisdom by brother M.I.A.
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
everybody has strenghts and weaknesses but if you stand alone, sooner or later people will prey on your weaknesses. standing besides your brothers and sisters with understanding and you can cover each others weaknesses, drawing on each others strengths.

May Allah forgive us all! Ameen.
format_quote Originally Posted by najimuddin
To genuinely feel remorse in your heart and mind for the sins you've committed.
This is coupled with refraining from sins within your control due to the realization that Allah is watching you.

If we genuinely acknowledge our shortcomings to Allah and work to please Him, it is guaranteed that He will fulfill all of our lawful needs.

Subhan Allah so true.
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
With Allah swt we have everything and without Allah swt in our lives we have nothing.

It is a beautiful gift indeed! :thumbs_up
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah
Ma sha Allah, you memorized the Qur'an! Doing this in your youth is a real Blessing, you know. It is a Gift that can accompany you your whole life.

BilalKid
10-22-2015, 08:53 PM
and my quote? :shade:

strivingobserver98
10-28-2015, 08:35 PM
Control your finances.
format_quote Originally Posted by Khalid Saifullah
As Muslims, we need to get back to simplicity. If we have a million, we don’t need to live like a millionaire, and if we do not have a million, we do not need to impress that we are a millionaire. Let us be true to ourselves and start studying the life and Seerah of our Noble Master Muhammad Mustapha (SAW).

Subhan Allah. Oh Allah Have mercy on us when we stand humble on the Day of Judgement. Ameen!
format_quote Originally Posted by umairlooms
Quran almost constantly reminds us of the day of judgement as well. those parts are so scary, I find them difficult to read, but they are there for a reason for sure

Sabr :)
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
PATIENCE is wanting that ONE person right there next to you
but that person is farther than far and you don’t know what to do
your heart mind and soul are going crazy from temptations
you know---those crazy feeling to which there are no medications
yet still, just like you, your love is also waiting
so together you stay strong, cuz everything has its explanation

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BeTheChange
10-28-2015, 08:56 PM
Walaikumasalaam,

I've read many beneficial and wise words on this forum.

Moving forward, when i come across the next key message in sha Allah, i'll update this thread.

Jazahka Allah

Samiun
11-01-2015, 06:07 AM

This quote I think hit me like a bus and I've always stored it in my mind and my heart ever since I saw it

format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
If I were to walk upon a beach and came upon three bricks (_ _ _) that were stacked on top of each other perfectly aligned like:

|
|
|

I would conclude that someone came before me and stacked them up in that matter. The fact that there were no footprints left in the sand would not be proof that I was wrong and that the bricks instead became stacked by the random crashing of the waves on the shoreline. Rather I would conclude that these waves erased the footprints of the person who stacked the bricks while leaving the bricks standing. How much more intricate is the design of life systems that are evidence of a Creator?

strivingobserver98
11-02-2015, 06:33 PM
Great little story :D.

format_quote Originally Posted by Khalid Saifullah
I end with the story of the scorpion and an old man. A kind old man once saw a scorpion drowning in a pond. He extended his hand to help it, but it stung him. He did this a few times, and the scorpion stung him every time. A wise boy who was standing next to him asked him: “My dear uncle, why do you keep on helping the scorpion when it stings you every time?” to which he replied: “I only know how to help, and it only knows how to sting.”

The young boy smiled and held out a twig to the scorpion. It gripped on to it and reached the shore safely. “You see, my dear uncle, never let the sting of the scorpion change the goodness in you. Don’t be a goody gumdrops and trust everyone. Do good, but do it smartly.”

strivingobserver98
12-07-2015, 08:52 AM
Back to the basics from Sister @Search

format_quote Originally Posted by Search
Ultimately, we can try our best as believers to advise and counsel, but really, we must understand that we do not choose who stays or leaves this beautiful religion as all is in the hands of Allah SWT. And Allah SWT is All-Wise, All-Knowing.

strivingobserver98
12-15-2015, 12:42 AM
Simple but powerful.

format_quote Originally Posted by HappyMuslimaa
Beauty is as beauty does

strivingobserver98
02-13-2016, 07:47 PM
That's true!

format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
I think the most common reason why people distance themselves from Islam is because people portray it as harsh, etc. Showing only the punishment side..

But this is wrong.. As a child they need to know about the Love and Mercy of Allah, etc. Not punishments and Dajjal etc.. That is traumatising for a youngster.

Serinity
02-13-2016, 08:18 PM
Get to the root of the problem, before the problem becomes part of you - indistinguishable.

Idk if it makes sense.

azc
01-02-2017, 10:05 AM
Friends, if you see any word of wisdom in any post of the members, post in this thread.

azc
01-02-2017, 10:10 AM
''Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a great mystery'' (Eric H)

strivingobserver98
01-02-2017, 10:44 AM
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...amicboard.html

azc
01-02-2017, 11:30 AM
''I believe Allah helps us in ways that lead us towards eternal salvation'' (Eric H)

azc
01-02-2017, 11:31 AM
''Surrender to your body… (only after getting married!) ha ha.. forget the heart..'' (greenhill)

azc
01-02-2017, 11:32 AM
''A person is committing a sin, and that is bad, but then they want to justify the sin. That is a big problem.'' (Huzaifah ibn Adam)

azc
01-02-2017, 11:33 AM
''Which is more important to you? Your Islam or your desires?'' (Charisma)

azc
01-02-2017, 11:35 AM
''This dunja (world), my brother, is a test. And everything we have in this life, including the life itself, the air we breath, the clothes we wear, the water we use to wash our body and to drink, the food we eat, the computer I use to type this very message to you, is a gift from Allah Subhaanahu wa ta'ala'' (Ruqaya Vanh)

azc
01-02-2017, 11:36 AM
''Suicide is a permanent solution to temporary problems'' (search)

azc
01-02-2017, 11:37 AM
''take every little to big thing one day one step at a time'' (search)

azc
01-02-2017, 11:38 AM
''Reconciliation is better than divorce'' (talibilm)

azc
01-02-2017, 11:39 AM
A lot of things didn't exist before and it became a reality* now .. just because we see i (Umm Malak)

Akeyi
01-02-2017, 07:16 PM
First i dont know this eric guy is from this board but read the rules he should be from this board to be mentioned here

i have some nice things i wrote my fans can check it out and paste it here and i dont want to paste myself what i wrote it would be not nice and even my this message is nice enough to be here but that is another thema

azc
01-04-2017, 01:21 PM
Holy Scripture is written for a reason, whilst we might not agree with everything, it does not mean that scriptures should be changed to suit our needs (Eric H)

azc
02-01-2017, 02:02 PM
a robber or thief only strikes at a place where he knows that there is wealth or money (@Hamza Asadullah

azc
02-01-2017, 02:04 PM
it´s not good to talk about own sins : (@sister herb)

azc
02-01-2017, 02:05 PM
@Umm Abed :''Life is a struggle and everybody goes through their own struggles''

azc
02-01-2017, 06:34 PM
@Eric H : ''I believe it is better to forgive if you can, even if the other person does not say sorry, this is for your own peace of mind''

azc
02-01-2017, 06:35 PM
@Hamza Asadullah : ''and ONLY with Allah will we find true happiness and contentment!''

azc
02-01-2017, 06:37 PM
@Hamza Asadullah : ''An idle mind is the devils playground''

azc
02-01-2017, 06:38 PM
''God has made everything perfectly...especially YOU!'' @Italianguy :

azc
02-01-2017, 06:39 PM
@Umm♥Layth :'' people have a tendency of falling back to their old habits''

azc
02-01-2017, 06:40 PM
@Umm♥Layth :'' people have a tendency of falling back to their old habits''

azc
02-01-2017, 06:42 PM
@noraina : ''Fajr is my. morning meal, without it I lose my strength'''

azc
02-01-2017, 07:20 PM
@Scimitar : ''MashaAllah, Islamicboard is blessed with so much talent''

azc
02-04-2017, 05:59 PM
@sister herb : ''no opposite gender even if it would to be only the tip of the nose''

azc
02-04-2017, 06:01 PM
@huzaifa h ibn Adam : ''There are no short-cuts, no "become a Haafiz over-night" schemes or anything of the sort.

azc
02-14-2017, 01:38 PM
@Eric H : ''If you look up the 99 names of Allah, they are about compassion, forgiveness, love, mercy, justice, all these things lead to truth''

azc
02-27-2017, 03:41 PM
@ardianto : ''If a child grew up under pressure (like situation that you have described,) later he/she would become someone who afraid to stand for his/herself''

azc
02-27-2017, 03:42 PM
@M.I.A. : ''allah swt conceal your faults and allow you time to change.''

azc
02-14-2018, 04:02 AM
@Eric H :

''I guess the person we are able to criticise the most, is ourselves. We have more of a truthful understanding about ourselves and our own motives. We will be judged more by how we deal with our own faults, rather than how we deal with the faults of others.''

azc
02-18-2018, 07:27 AM
@Eric H said:

''Marriage requires a huge amount of patience, compromise, forgiveness, love and understanding.''

azc
02-25-2018, 08:30 PM
''if you start off on the wrong Path... it is so much harder to set things right later'' (@MuslimInshallah)

azc
03-15-2018, 06:28 PM
@Scimitar :

''Let's treat people nicely, with love and understanding, and show them through the best speech, how Muslim life is safer, better, more fulfilling than any other way!''

azc
04-15-2018, 01:47 AM
@Woodrow :

''we all must be aware that our time in this dunya is limited. May our duas in old age be that we leave this dunya in comfort and assurance of Allah(swt)'s mercy.
A time does come when all we can do is be repentant and pray for forgiveness.''

azc
06-06-2018, 06:56 PM
@Eric H :

''We are all in need of the mercy, forgiveness and compassion of Allah.''

azc
06-06-2018, 07:30 PM
@Eric H :

''Getting married and staying married is one of the toughest things we do in life..... I have only been married for thirty three years, and we still struggle.''

azc
06-06-2018, 09:42 PM
@Abz2000 :

''Grass eats clay, and cattle eat grass, then we get loads of meat and fat and milk from cattle.''

azc
06-06-2018, 10:56 PM
@Eric H :

''It is always easy to give advice, because we do not have to live with the consequences''

azc
06-19-2018, 06:53 AM
@Hamza Asadullah :

''We should spend as much of our little time as possible investing into the hereafter by doing everything possible to please Allah and refraining from anything which angers or displeases him.''

- - - Updated - - -
@Hamza Asadullah :

''Life is such that we have to make mistakes in order to learn from them. We learn from our failures NOT our successes. If we all succeeded in life then how will we ever become better people? How will we ever grow as individuals if we never make mistakes?''

- - - Updated - - -
@Hamza Asadullah :

''the majority of these pre-marital relationships end very badly and are the cause of utter pain, hurt and anguish for those involved.''

azc
06-19-2018, 03:51 PM
@M.I.A. :

''whatever is waiting in the wings needs an open door to reach you.''

azc
06-23-2018, 02:47 AM
@Eric H :

''When you fight and overcome your own demons, you become stronger.''

azc
10-01-2018, 01:53 AM
Eric H :

''The law of Allah is a profound subject; it should deter people from breaking the law, if you don’t want to get stoned to death, then don’t commit adultery. A real believer would fear Allah and not break any of the laws; we should fear Allah more than we fear getting caught by any law enforcement.''

azc
10-11-2018, 03:57 AM
''Everything is in the hands of Allah, we just need that faith and trust.''

@Eric H

azc
10-12-2018, 02:40 AM
@BeTheChange :

''Utilise your youth before old age. Your good health before your poor health. Your time before death takes you.''

azc
10-14-2018, 08:53 AM
@Junon :

''In this brave new world, sex is a spectacle and a sport, solemn oaths are worthless, and duty is a joke.''

سيف الله
10-14-2018, 05:29 PM
Salaam

format_quote Originally Posted by azc
@Junon :

''In this brave new world, sex is a spectacle and a sport, solemn oaths are worthless, and duty is a joke.''
Ah Id love to take credit for the quote but I cant. Have to give credit where credit is due, whatever you may think about Peter Hitchens politics he has a way with words.

azc
10-14-2018, 06:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Junon
SalaamAh Id love to take credit for the quote but I cant. Have to give credit where credit is due, whatever you may think about Peter Hitchens politics he has a way with words.
:wa: Kudos to you for your honesty

azc
10-16-2018, 05:49 PM
''Allah revealed the Qur'an in such a way that it is very easy for anyone to memorize. So just start memorizing today andyou will one day become a Hafiz. Even if you memorize just one Ayah every day, you can become a Hafiz in a few years time. Or if you die before you complete, Allah will still raise you among the Huffaz because of your intention and continued effort to become a complete Hafiz.''

@AabiruSabeel

Nitro Zeus
10-16-2018, 08:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
''Everything is in the hands of Allah, we just need that faith and trust.''

@Eric H
Yup, and not to forget to mention “ambition”. The 3 things we need to learn something from Quran are:

1) faith
2) trust
3) ambition

Because, if you don’t have ambition, you can never learn anything. Right?

azc
10-18-2018, 10:45 AM
@ZeeshanParvez :

''We spend all our lives in worldly endeavors. We invest our sweat and blood in this world. A world which will come to an end.''

azc
10-21-2018, 08:05 PM
@piXie :

''Facebook helps you connect and share with the people online. And it helps u disconnect with the ppl sitting right next to you.''

azc
11-28-2018, 02:04 PM
@Eric H :

''It has been said that inside each and everyone of us is a 'God shaped hole'. We can try filling this hole with the things of the world like cars, homes, relationships, holidays or any other passion that drives us to do something. But these worldly desires still leave us feeling that something is missing.''

azc
12-11-2018, 01:54 AM
@AabiruSabeel :

''being content with the decree of Allah :swt1: while fulfilling His commands is the actual success in this life.''

azc
12-25-2018, 03:25 AM
@Eric H :

''when you point the finger and call someone a hypocrite, there are three fingers pointing back at you.''

azc
12-25-2018, 04:39 PM
@Lgrant :

''Elders are the best learning resource''

''Friends are a dime a dozen but family last forever''

''Do not sacrifice time with family for work.''

''Don't share your goals and dreams with others''

azc
01-08-2019, 04:15 PM
@Eric H :

''every time life's problems beat you to the ground, get up again. And how many times do you have to pick yourself up and start again, the answer is always the same, just one more time.''

azc
01-08-2019, 06:07 PM
@jameelash :

''When bad things happen in your life, you have three choices. You can either let it define you, let it destroy you or you can let it strengthen you.''

''Honesty is a very expensive gift. Do not expect it from cheap people.''

MazharShafiq
01-08-2019, 06:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
Yup, and not to forget to mention “ambition”. The 3 things we need to learn something from Quran are:

1) faith
2) trust
3) ambition

Because, if you don’t have ambition, you can never learn anything. Right?
alright I agree with you.

azc
01-13-2019, 07:18 AM
@jameelash :

''Someone may walk through the gate of heavens, with very little regardless of how unimportant people consider him to be, while others with far greater deeds perish because of their arrogance and showing they are more closer to ALLAH :swt: than the others.''

azc
01-14-2019, 04:02 PM
@Eric H

''Anger is like picking up a burning coal with the intention of throwing it at the person who angers you, and the person who gets burned the most is you. The longer you hold onto this burning coal of anger, the hotter it becomes.''

azc
01-20-2019, 02:27 AM
@Eric H :

''The struggle you are in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow.''

azc
02-09-2019, 11:20 AM
@jameelash :

''If you do not step forward, you'll always be in the same place''

Insaanah
02-09-2019, 02:14 PM

:jz: @farhan for this interesting thread. A good idea.
Just a small suggestion for all - Is it possible to please include links to the posts from which the quotes were taken? It might be that members find the rest of the posts beneficial too, and also that way the original posters might get some likes reps etc.
If, due the device we’re posting from, it’s difficult to copy and paste a link or to quote from the post (which includes an arrow for the link next to the members name), it’s not a problem, but where possible it might be beneficial.

:jz:

Eric H
02-25-2019, 06:37 PM
@jameelash
*5) WE ALWAYS ASK: How can I face it?*

*AL-QURAN ANSWERS:*

"O you who believed! Persevere in patience and constancy; vie in such perseverance; strengthen each other; and fear Allah that you may prosper." Surah Al-Imran[3:200] & "And seek (Allah's) help with patient, perseverance and prayer: It is indeed hard, except to those who bring a humbly submissive (to Allah)." Surah Al-Baqarah [2:45]

https://www.islamicboard.com/general...ml#post3008444

Nitro Zeus
02-25-2019, 10:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
@jameelash
*5) WE ALWAYS ASK: How can I face it?*

*AL-QURAN ANSWERS:*

"O you who believed! Persevere in patience and constancy; vie in such perseverance; strengthen each other; and fear Allah that you may prosper." Surah Al-Imran[3:200] & "And seek (Allah's) help with patient, perseverance and prayer: It is indeed hard, except to those who bring a humbly submissive (to Allah)." Surah Al-Baqarah [2:45]

https://www.islamicboard.com/general...ml#post3008444
Just one question regarding prayer, if I have no time nor place for me to pray at school because of my class mates who likes to move around like rats and mouse constantly and new visitors comes to our class then, am I allowed to recover the lost prayers when I come home from school? Because, I live in Bucharest and my school is full of Christians and there is only one Muslim among them which is me, and this worries me because I do not know how would they react or do to me of they see me praying or hear me praying, because I really have strong paranoia thoughts and feelings of being mocked, and non will understand me if I pray in public as my mom told me: "have you seen your dad praying in public? No, he only says when the prayer time has come, 'let me go home because the prayer has come' or if he is far from home or late, he would say: 'come one, let's go home! I have not prayed 3 prayers and I need to recover them'. But he would never pray in public so that others would see him. Have you seen someone praying in public?" I answered her, "well, I saw on YouTube a group of American Muslims who prayed in public" then she told me: "those who you have seen, have not understood properly Quran, if you have Mosque near you, you go ahead and pray there, but if Mosques are far away from you house, then you can pray at home, or wait until you get home, then you recover the lost prayer, not like that".

So, what Quran says about this matter? Am I allowed to pray at home if I fear of being mocked or self insecure? I can recover the lost prayers when I get home from school?

azc
03-30-2019, 03:47 AM
@Eric H :

''Resilience in life is just accepting life will throw one problem after another at you, just keep taking it on the chin and do not let life grind you down.''
https://www.islamicboard.com/general...ml#post3010548

azc
04-05-2019, 10:45 AM
@Eric H :

''The person who angers you, controls your mind and thoughts, it is like they have a remote control, and they just press your buttons to make you feel bad. The only person who should control what goes on inside your head is you''

''The person who is able to forgive, benefits more than the person who has been forgiven''

https://www.islamicboard.com/general...ml#post3010858

azc
04-13-2019, 12:41 PM
@Insaanah :

''We don't celebrate loss of people, we don't celebrate loss of wealth, we don't celebrate loss of health, so why do we celebrate loss of time?''
https://www.islamicboard.com/general...ml#post3011329

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!