/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Serious Headache/Migraine

Celebrimbor
10-27-2015, 01:24 PM
Hello IB technicals,

How do you turn off 'notifications' received for each and every reply in the forum ? It gives me headache.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
10-27-2015, 02:45 PM
When I saw your title of the thread, my the first idea was to write like go to meet the doctor but it wouldn´t help in this case. Yes, to me too they are quite annoying but by the other hand they will increase the forum activity when you click "notifications" and might go to check some answers and then you might also write your reply...

Scimitar
10-27-2015, 03:06 PM
Gotta admit, the forum notifications have become a total pain lately.... I visit and see stuff like "231 replies since your last visit"... like, OK I really care about that, sheesh.

Scimi

Celebrimbor
10-27-2015, 03:16 PM
Phew !! After all I ain't the only one. :heated:

I'd rather check each sub-forums one by one than have those notifs.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
M.I.A.
10-27-2015, 03:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Gotta admit, the forum notifications have become a total pain lately.... I visit and see stuff like "231 replies since your last visit"... like, OK I really care about that, sheesh.

Scimi

79 new notifications

..the first time I saw that I was like, yep iv posted something world changing..

But then slap in the face.

It's better than it usually is anyway 8 deleted posts :/

Lol.

Celebrimbor
10-27-2015, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
..the first time I saw that I was like, yep iv posted something world changing..

But then slap in the face.
LOOL I feel you. The first time I've seen it, there was like around 19 notifications and I was like, wow what did I post ? Was it really thoughtful ?...Must of been some achievement but then, **** go away lol

Umm Abed
10-27-2015, 08:16 PM
And when I first saw your title I was going to say you posted in wrong section lol:haha:.

When I first got like about 20 notification I thought they were all reps lool but then discovered it wasnt even something related to what I was posting as in reply to my posts:lol:

strivingobserver98
10-27-2015, 08:35 PM
Mods not working as expected, temporily disabled. [emoji4][emoji106]

Celebrimbor
10-28-2015, 07:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
Mods not working as expected, temporily disabled. [emoji4][emoji106]
What do you mean mods not working ?

You know whats funny ? I receive notifications for ALL the replies in the forum but when you guys commented on my thread, I didn't get any special notification lol. Unless you've disabled them all.

AabiruSabeel
10-28-2015, 10:03 PM
We have installed a different add-on which only shows notifications for new replies in your subscribed threads.

And the best part is, it is not activated by default and you have full control over the notifications.

You can active it for yourself by going to your User Control Panel -> General Settings -> scroll down to find the check-box for Show new subscribed threads notification (The last option under Messaging & Notification).

Celebrimbor
10-29-2015, 07:29 AM
Alright thanks alot Farhan and Ibn Adam for the panadol.

Abz2000
10-29-2015, 12:16 PM
it's quite encouraging really, you can perceive all the hustle and bustle rather than log in and think it's dead.

greenhill
10-29-2015, 12:39 PM
That's also true @Abz2000

Celebrimbor
10-29-2015, 12:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
it's quite encouraging really, you can perceive all the hustle and bustle rather than log in and think it's dead.
Yes. After all its a matter of preference, therefore we should be allowed to activate/deactivate this feature in the settings just like that 'Subscribed threads notification'.

Abz2000
10-29-2015, 01:38 PM
true, it's best to allow users the option of which features they're comfortable with as long as the choices made available fit within the laws of Quran and sunnah.
did you notice the forum activity spike after the mods added the feature?
i think it must've been a ruse of bro farhan.

i'm getting a physical throbbing headache and muscle twich (like a throat slit sheep that's lost electrical command co-ordination) from this thing in my head, the more the evildoers push evil the hotter it gets, coming on the forum helps keep me in tune.
you must understand that the forum notifications are amongst least of my concerns, rather a cause of inducing positive participation.

greenhill
10-29-2015, 02:47 PM
Keep participating br Abz2000 :D

Sometimes your point(s) are so fine it's hard to detect. Especially with your long posts complete with attachments. ;D

Salaams

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!