/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Implemented Do you want a radio station for IB?

strivingobserver98
11-01-2015, 11:33 PM
IB used to have it's own radio station called "JannahRadio"?

Are you interested in seeing it's revival?

And anyone interested in running their own show, or becoming a host?

:D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
11-01-2015, 11:37 PM
Screenshot of the old website

Description: "Welcome to JannahRadio/Radio IB! We are a non-profit Islamic and Internet Radio, broadcasting live interviews, games, prizes, and more for the on-line diverse communities. Please visit our other pages for more information on upcoming events, projects, and archives of previous shows!Jannah Radio is a free and public source of entertainment. Our goal is to provide the on-line Muslim community with Halaal and educational source of fun. Your participation in our events are our motivation to continue our efforts."

greenhill
11-02-2015, 01:29 AM
Well, I can't say "Yes, I loved it" because I never heard it before. I would perhaps tune into it if it was available..

:peace:

Umm Abed
11-02-2015, 07:45 AM
Go for it, Farhan, Id be a listener - would like to hear IB radio, am sure it would be nice:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
11-02-2015, 05:58 PM
it would be interesting, may Allah swt make it successful if it's done seeking His pleasure

BeTheChange
11-03-2015, 06:50 PM
Asalamualykum,

In sha Allah, if you have the time and the ability to do so.

AhmedGassama
11-03-2015, 07:10 PM
Why no one has voted No ? :D

lonewolf007
11-03-2015, 07:17 PM
seeing as I'm a newbie on here i knew nothing of this, but i plan to stick around on this forum insha'Allah so would love to see thew radio come back............but i wont be hosting any shows because I get really ambarassed and shy :embarrass lol

anyways I'm all for this, go for it brother farhan :)

lonewolf007
11-03-2015, 07:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
IB used to have it's own radio station called "JannahRadio"?

Are you interested in seeing it's revival?

And anyone interested in running their own show, or becoming a host?

:D
brother what kind of shows did you have on the radio, was it just Q&A or some other shows too? and have any sisters hosted any shows and would a sister be able to host a show?? :)

strivingobserver98
11-03-2015, 07:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslim007
brother what kind of shows did you have on the radio, was it just Q&A or some other shows too? and have any sisters hosted any shows and would a sister be able to host a show?? :)
Good question :).

Before on JannahRadio we had live interviews, games, prizes, etc.

Other radio show ideas
- Muslim revert forum members explaining how they came to Islam
- Lecture and wisdom by forum scholars eg. Ridwaan Ravat
- Islam Q&A
- Interview with Islamic figures eg. Nouman Ali Khan, Sajid Umar, Bilal Phillips etc.
- Live nasheeds
- Recitation show
- Health and fitness show
- Youth show and youth issues (Clubbing, haram relationships, school)
- Childrens show (An hour dedicated to children in Islam)
- Quran reflections (What we learn from each Ayah)
- Sisters show
- Quiz show with prizes
- Business show
- Custom shows by forum members

Brain exploding with ideas lol, that's all I can think of currently.

lonewolf007
11-03-2015, 07:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
Good question :).

Before on JannahRadio we had live interviews, games, prizes, etc.

Other radio show ideas
- Muslim revert forum members explaining how they came to Islam
- Lecture and wisdom by forum scholars eg. Ridwaan Ravat
- Islam Q&A
- Interview with Islamic figures eg. Nouman Ali Khan, Sajid Umar, Bilal Phillips etc.
- Live nasheeds
- Recitation show
- Health and fitness show
- Youth show and youth issues (Clubbing, haram relationships, school)
- Childrens show (An hour dedicated to children in Islam)
- Quran reflections (What we learn from each Ayah)
- Sisters show
- Quiz show with prizes
- Business show
- Custom shows by forum members

Brain exploding with ideas lol, that's all I can think of currently.
wow yeah thats an explosion and a half lol.........na they're all brilliant ideas i especially like the reverts one, saying how they came to islam and what challenges they face, I'm sure peeps would want to know and show an interest in it

well insha'Allah hope it kicks off, sounds amazing and I'm looking forward to it insha'Allah :)

TMGuide
11-03-2015, 10:51 PM
Mashaa allaah, sounds interesting. Who would be hosting it? since I see Q & A on there I don't think anyone can answer them right?

strivingobserver98
11-03-2015, 11:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TMGuide
Mashaa allaah, sounds interesting. Who would be hosting it? since I see Q & A on there I don't think anyone can answer them right?
We can have a range of different hosts myself, forum members etc. You can have your own show on it too :ia: :thumbs_up.

We have a few scholars on the forum see here :) http://www.islamicboard.com/online.php

TMGuide
11-04-2015, 12:49 AM
Mashaa allah, I am still a newbie and will work my way around the forum and meet some scholars inshaa allah:statisfie

strivingobserver98
11-04-2015, 04:42 PM
Okay I have spoken to some people, looks viable.

This will launch within a month. :ia: lets get this rolling! :D

Celebrimbor
11-06-2015, 07:39 AM
I've got only one concern with the show and I'm gonna PM you, otherwise, its amazing

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!