/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wolf in sheep's clothing

strivingobserver98
11-27-2015, 01:38 AM

A person committing a sin or bad deed, may have a mountain of good deeds that you are unaware of - you perhaps may be a greater sinner than that person. We should never assume or prejudge others and ignore our own actions. We should learn to give our brothers and sisters the benefit of the doubt and give them excuses. We should make matters clear before we place assumptions or prejudgments. .

Allah says: "O you who have believed, if there comes to you a disobedient one with information, investigate, lest you harm a people out of ignorance and become, over what you have done, regretful." [Qur'an 49:6]

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said that, “A believer is a mirror of the believer.” [Abu Dawud, from Abu Hurayra (Allah be pleased with him); sound (hasan)] So what you see in your brethren is a reflection of what is within you–so beware.

Hamdun al-Qassar, one of the great early Muslims, said, “If a friend among your friends errs (makes a mistake), make seventy excuses for them. If your hearts are unable to do this, then know that the shortcoming is in your own selves.” [Imam Bayhaqi, Shu`ab al-Iman, 7.522]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
12-21-2015, 07:22 PM
The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said that, “A believer is a mirror of the believer.” [Abu Dawud, from Abu Hurayra (Allah be pleased with him); sound (hasan)] So what you see in your brethren is a reflection of what is within you–so beware.
So true.

sfontel
12-21-2015, 08:08 PM
A good tree produces good fruits...a bad tree bad fruits...

I think the fruits tell us about the tree.....

But I think that is not for us to become judges but instead to give direction to whats is right according to God's word while we help and suport such people to get on their feet...even when that people is ourselfs..

Plain execuse insted of positive loveble support may be a way to remain cominting mistaikes....

Just my thinking..

God bless!

M.I.A.
12-22-2015, 12:55 AM
there is a disparity present...disparity....hhmm..

we are told to refrain from bad and do good, that we can tell the difference...similarly to the difference between truth and falsehood.

...and yet when judgement day comes around, we will be told the truth of all that we did.

before anybody tries to explain it away, i recently read the exile.

anyway OPs post hit me in the feels, fully KO'd.

when your still for so long, the splashes really just annoy you.. although a large part of me thinks i would have been better off not learning to listen in the first place.

maybe i wont be there the second time around.

format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
So true.
i refuse to believe this as i have a long memory.. although it may not make it any less true...

insert OPs pic here.

....i have yet to learn how to live with myself.

ignorance is bliss? better than getting slapped in the face with a fish.

format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
well i await the good news then.

but usually if your talking about someone else at least you dont have to talk about yourself..

but my actions are never fair seeming to me.

not coveting your own soul is a step in the right direction though.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BlueOwl358
12-29-2015, 04:44 AM
One day, as David was praying in his prayer niche, he ordered his guards not to allow anyone to interrupt him, but two men managed to enter and disturb him. "Who are you?" he asked. One of the men said: "Do not be frightened. We have a dispute and have come for your judgment." David said: "What is it?" The first man said: "This is my brother, has ninety nine sheep, and I have one. He gave it to me but took it back." David, without hearing from the other party said: "He did you wrong by taking the sheep back, and many partners oppress one another, except for those who are believers."

The two men vanished like a cloud, and David realized that they were two angels sent to him to teach him a lesson. He should not have passed a judgment without hearing from the opposing party.

Almighty Allah told us of this incident: And has the news of the litigants reached you? When they climbed over the wall into (his) Mihrab (a praying place or a private room). When they entered in upon David, he was terrified of them, they said: Fear not! (We are) two litigants, one of whom has wronged the other; therefore judge between us with truth, and treat us not with injustice, and guide us to the Right Way."

"Verily, this is my brother (in religion) has ninety nine ewes, while I have only one ewe, and he says: 'Hand it over to me,' and he overpowered me in speech."
David said immediately without listening to the opponent: "He has wronged you in demanding your ewe in addition to his ewes. And, verily, many partners oppress one another, except those who believe and do righteous good deeds, and they are few."

And David guessed that We have tried him and he sought Forgiveness of his Lord, and he fell down prostrate and turned to Allah in repentance. So We forgave him that, and verily, for him is a near access to Us, and as good place of final return Paradise.

O David! Verily! We have placed you as a successor on earth, so judge you between men in truth and justice. And follow not your desire for it will mislead you from the Path of Allah. Verily! Those who wander astray from the Path of Allah shall have a severe torment, because they forgot the Day of Reckoning. (Quran 38:21-26)

http://www.islamawareness.net/Prophets/dawud.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.