/* */

PDA

View Full Version : God's Names, Sound and Matter

T L
11-27-2015, 11:38 AM
Asalaamualaikum my dearest brothers and sisters of Islam.
Jumuah Mubarak!
May Allah (swt) shower us with His blessings and mercy :)

I am new to the forums, and I hope this thread finds you all in good health insha'Allah.
I recently made the intention to share my personal experiences, in hope that even if one person is inspired by it, that is enough for me. The sharing of these experiences are purely a celebration of the Almighty in all His splendour. These are very spiritual, and come from deep within my heart and soul. I sought initially to keep them to myself for they are truly cherished, but, at this difficult point in time where we're surrounded by such chaos and sadness, I felt sharing these might lift our spirits and help us embrace evermore the pure beauty and bounties of Allah (swt). We need to become auliya for one another as muslims, and support each other in as many ways as we can insha'Allah.

I will try and keep this at a reasonable length for I know people tend not to read lengthy posts. And may Allah (swt) forgive me for any errors I make in recollection.

In the name of God, the Lord of Mercy, the Giver of Mercy.

God's Names, Sound and Matter.

I want to firstly say the month of Ramadan is truly a blessed month and a gift from our Lord. We take it for granted and underestimate the blessings and bounties God bestows upon us during this month. May we strive to fully commit to our iman during this month and beyond. Ameen.

During the nightly hours within the last ten days of Ramadan, I experienced something I will never forget, one of the best experiences in all my existence on Earth so far. Alhamdulillah.
When I normally sit in complete silence, and focus, the sound around me becomes more apparent and distinct. All the different frequencies are quite subtle at first, you do not even notice them until you try and search for them. And I never realised the magnitude of sound in the light of God before this night.

The sound around me was warping in all directions in a rhythmic pattern, surrounding me, engulfing me in it. There were two distinct frequencies. The much lower, more like a deep hum, was warping around me, and then there was an absolute undeniable higher frequency which was almost deafening for me, it was overwhelming, I could not comprehend what was going on.
I needed to centre myself for it was becoming too much, so I sat in a comfortable position and decided to do some dhikr out loud. I always felt and knew that there was power behind Allah(swt)'s blessed names, but what I experienced from this point onwards took me way beyond that. They are pure light, and so magical! Subhan'Allah may He be glorified!

I decided to do dhikr on ar-Rahman (The Most Merciful). I still cannot begin to comprehend the pure beauty and awe in this.
Immediately upon every recitation of His name, the sound around me aligned. I will try my best to explain this. The warping that was happening before centred itself during this dhikr. Upon every recitation, the sound, the matter, every single atom around me, I felt it's weight, aligned and what I could perceive, they prostrated every single time. The sound I can best describe it as, like the sound of hundreds of muslims prostrating in prayer. In pure silence I felt the movement in sound as I did dhikr on His blessed name. I fell into complete awe. Subhan'Allah. It was intoxicating. The energy was unreal.

I carried on, and lost complete track of time, I felt like I was on another plane of existence. The dhikr kept building, and building, the sound and vibrations from my chest were filling the atmosphere in even the smallest spaces in my room, every single atom around me was glorifying His name.
I kept going in all sincerity, in longing for His mercy and forgiveness. And then eventually I reached an absolute peak which I will never, ever forget. The whole process was like when you're dialling a number, and it finally connects and goes through, and eventually the phonecall is picked up...
In that one instance, my heart, body and soul, my entire existence in that moment, there was a pure jolt of light going from directly through me all the way to the Almighty (Subhan'Allah, Subhan'Allah!). And all the moments I experienced in that instance, there was no perception of time, I felt His acceptance of my dhikr and I was drowning in His limitless compassion and mercy. At the absolute same time, birds from outside my window started chirping so loudly in celebration of what just happened, by this time I realised it was very close to fajr now. I broke down into tears from joy and sadness, I could not stop laughing and crying simulatneously. It was pure assurance that He, the One who is outside of time, is everywhere, in every single atom around us, in all matter, and His mercy is all encompassing should one seek it.
Sound is so powerful, we underestimate the effect of sound during the recitation of the Qur'an. We are so, SO blessed to have knowledge of His names, His words right at the tip of our tongues, in memory or in a book. The Qur'an is timeless, it is pure light that will always remain lit. The best of anchors.
May Allah (swt) shower His endless grace and blessings on those who strive to live and die in His name. May He have mercy on our souls, and may we always be thankful. Ameen.

Jazak'Allah Khair for reading.

~Eru :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
al_Hind
11-27-2015, 08:30 PM
Wa'alaykum asalaam sister erucysae,

I agree, the Qur'an is powerful not just in it's message but in the effect of its sound. However, there is no evidence that the Prophet sallahu alayhi wa salaam worshipped Allah or instructed us to worship Allah by chanting or repeating His names. We can only worship Allah in the way He has legislated for us.

syed_z
11-28-2015, 06:21 AM
Asalaam O Alaikum...

SubHan'Allah, WalHamdulillah, Wa La Ilaha IlAllahu, WAllahu Akbar....

Truly amazing, out of the world experience you've shared sister. JazakAllah khayr...

No doubt I truly wish that we could also be like the Awliya, the Sufis whose heart and tongue was always in the remembrance of Allah (Swt). Totally agreed. No doubt that the best way to be safe from the predicaments that Ummah is facing today is to follow the great Sufis of the past.

I would like to share my thoughts on what I have understood from your experience. The Name Al Rahman and to invoke it is mentioned in the following Chapter of the Quran:

Surah Al Isra 17 Verse 110

قُلِ ادْعُوا اللَّهَ أَوِ ادْعُوا الرَّحْمَٰنَ ۖ أَيًّا مَا تَدْعُوا فَلَهُ الْأَسْمَاءُ الْحُسْنَىٰ

Say, "Call upon Allah or call upon Al Rahman (The Most Merciful). Whichever [name] you call - to Him belong the best names."

...this Verse is mentions to Invoke Allah's name called Al Rahman, in the Surah which is called 'Al Isra' meaning 'The Night Journey' ....named after Prophet's (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) ascension in to the heavens when he was blessed to experience close physical communion with Allah (swt).

The Prophet (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) said "As salatu Mi’raajul Mu’mineen" That in salaat there is the Mi’raaj of the believer

....if we're not experiencing the Mi'raaj in our Salaah, Dua and Dhikr in the end of times, we're missing a lot!!

Hadith Qudsi 'My heavens and My earth cannot contain Me but the heart of My believing servant contains Me.'

Surah Ar Ra'd Verse 28

الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَتَطْمَئِنُّ قُلُوبُهُمْ بِذِكْرِ اللَّهِ ۗ أَلَا بِذِكْرِ اللَّهِ تَطْمَئِنُّ الْقُلُوبُ

those who believe, and whose hearts find their rest in the remembrance of God - for, verily, in the remembrance of God [men's] hearts do find their rest

SubhAnAllah... I pray that InshA'Allah all of us experience the same experience. Wa Ma Tawfiqi Illah Billah.

T L
11-28-2015, 12:05 PM
Salaam brother.
JazakAllah Khair for your response which I was extremely happy to read :)

It was truly a blessed experience, may Allah (swt) grant me a long enough life to experience many more Insha'Allah in attaintment to become closer to Him. It brings me to the destruction of my nafs everytime I remember this, breaking down into tears fully feeling His magnitude.
Every single atom on this earth is naturally, on a subconcious level constantly doing dhikr, because we are His creation. We must strive hard to remember Him in every single aspect of our life, everything we see, hear, feel, touch, everything we are able to perceive (because of Him) should be celebrated in His name. When we perform salah, our physical being is almost in a trance, you feel weighted to the ground (to naturally prostrate to Him), your soul at that point becomes timeless, beyond this physical world, all in hope that your prayers will reach Him (and they do) and He will accept them.
In dhikr as the above sister mentioned, isn't it merely "chanting", you feel it through your whole being
The intention of this thread and anything else I may possible share is to celebrate the Almighty insha'Allah :)

I've always avoided joining islamic forums, because of the negativity and everyone on the internet wants to be right. Everyone is on their own individual path, and each person experiences things individually too. No soul is the same as another (and Subhan'Allah, God has numbered us). We need to give each other room to be, and be caring and welcoming despite our differences. Of course you should advise in the best way possible, in the light of the Qur'an and sunnah, but God always knows best. There is no level of ego when you fully commit your whole being to Him. So much beauty to feel and explore but people get so fixated on the small details. God's mercy is all encompassing, nothing can go beyond that. I just want to share and revel in His splendour with other muslims who seek the same.

~Eru

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.