/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Gift for a friend

kittycat
12-01-2015, 03:31 PM
Hello,

Apologies for my ignorance that's about to be revealed!

My friend has started wearing the hijab whenever not at home recently. I've been friends with her since we were at primary school together. I want to get her a gift for her birthday, and she has the most beautiful head scarves so I would like to add to her collection. I have a couple of questions first that I don't want to ask her in case I give the surprise away!

Would it offend her for me to buy her a headscarf? Can any scarf, if big enough, be used as a hijab?

As I said, apologies for my ignorance, and thank you for your help.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Search
12-01-2015, 03:44 PM
:bism:

Hi, welcome to the board, hun!

Wow, that's very thoughtful and kind of you - so, bravo!

Lol, why would it offend her for you to buy a headscarf, sis? I'd think what you're trying to do is a beautiful gesture of good will and appreciation of her taking on this new challenge as an extension of her faith.

Yes, any scarf, if it's big enough, can be used as a hijab.

Hey, don't apologize - I don't see any ignorance, only a sincere desire and willingness on your part to learn. So, that's great, sis!

Also, feel free to ask any questions, as we'd love to be of any service.

format_quote Originally Posted by kittycat
Hello,

Apologies for my ignorance that's about to be revealed!

My friend has started wearing the hijab whenever not at home recently. I've been friends with her since we were at primary school together. I want to get her a gift for her birthday, and she has the most beautiful head scarves so I would like to add to her collection. I have a couple of questions first that I don't want to ask her in case I give the surprise away!

Would it offend her for me to buy her a headscarf? Can any scarf, if big enough, be used as a hijab?

As I said, apologies for my ignorance, and thank you for your help.

sister herb
12-01-2015, 04:18 PM
Hello and peace to you

I am sure your friend will love your gift. You see, many Muslim sisters have a soft spot in their heart when it goes to have one more hijab. And maybe one more. And maybe one more and... :p

kittycat
12-01-2015, 04:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Search
:bism:

Hi, welcome to the board, hun!

Wow, that's very thoughtful and kind of you - so, bravo!

Lol, why would it offend her for you to buy a headscarf, sis? I'd think what you're trying to do is a beautiful gesture of good will and appreciation of her taking on this new challenge as an extension of her faith.

Yes, any scarf, if it's big enough, can be used as a hijab.

Hey, don't apologize - I don't see any ignorance, only a sincere desire and willingness on your part to learn. So, that's great, sis!

Also, feel free to ask any questions, as we'd love to be of any service.

Thank you both for your answers!

I have anxiety issues, and I work myself up very easily. I couldn't sleep last night thinking that I might be insulting her somehow so I wanted to address my lack of understanding. Thank you for your lack of judgement!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BeTheChange
12-01-2015, 06:29 PM
It's a good choice and very much needed in the winter.

You'll be keeping her warm and protected with your present.

All the best.

Ali.Fahed
12-01-2015, 06:56 PM
Your friend will definitely love it! Its very kind from you
There is no reason for your friend to be offended. I think she will love it. Any gift, no matter how small or simple it is, will make any one happy.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.