/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Most people will not accept the truth

ZeeshanParvez
12-14-2015, 09:55 AM
And judge, [O Muhammad], between them by what Allah has revealed and do not follow their inclinations and beware of them, lest they tempt you away from some of what Allah has revealed to you. And if they turn away - then know that Allah only intends to afflict them with some of their [own] sins. And indeed, many among the people are defiantly disobedient.

[Qur'aan 5:49]

"And indeed, many among the people are defiantly disobedient"

Most people are rebellious, disobedient, and submerged in disbelief.

They oppose the truth and turn away from it.

They are outside the boundaries of Islamic legislation, Religion, and intellect.

And in this is consolation for the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) for their refusal to accept the truth which he brought.

Reference(s):

التفسير المنير للزحيلي

Page 219 Volume 6

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Walter
12-16-2015, 12:19 AM
The verse quoted accurately describes the environment during the time of Mohammed. Many did not follow what had been revealed to them, but followed their inclinations or traditions. When traditions diverge from what God has revealed, then it is better to investigate the tradition.

Best regards.

eesa the kiwi
12-16-2015, 07:52 AM
asalamu alaikum rahmatulah wa barakatu
how are you brother zeeshan?

Scimitar
12-16-2015, 07:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Walter
The verse quoted accurately describes the environment during the time of Mohammed. Many did not follow what had been revealed to them, but followed their inclinations or traditions. When traditions diverge from what God has revealed, then it is better to investigate the tradition.

Best regards.
I feel a kindred spirit in you. History? anthropology? myth and lore? I get the feeling you also find all these things to be of personal interest :) if so, I am pleased to find another on this forum who I can bounce with, God willing.

Welcome to IB forum btw, Walter,

Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
12-16-2015, 02:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Walter

Best regards.
Yes it does describe the environment of that time but it also describes the environment of the current times too. Same words, repeating the same message, unchanged, with practice still true to what's taught, still the world resists...

It's better to investigate the Quran as it claims to be uncorrupted rather than to investigate tradition.

:peace:

AhmedGassama
12-16-2015, 06:39 PM
The problem doesn't only lies there, the real problem is this :
Many people think they have the ultimate truth!
By having this kind of mentality, they want to control the life of people and they feel joyful by doing it.

Asiyah3
12-16-2015, 07:50 PM
Knowing that the hearts are in Allah's control and assuming the best of others it is upon us to deliver the truth, patiently calling them without ever losing hope. They held it impossible that Umar ibn al-Khattab would become a Muslim and see who he turned to be (ra).

"I deem every believer better than myself and every non-believer potentially better than myself" a statement of a famous scholar.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.