/* */

PDA

View Full Version : If you don't do it now, you probably won't later

Ridwaan Ravat
12-15-2015, 09:00 AM
Just a simple message to my brothers...

It is seen throughout the year that very less of us attend the Fajr prayer in the Masjid with jama'at (congregation). And sadly many of us miss the Fajr prayer completely or read it after its time.
This is also the case in the winter months even though Fajr is quite late.

The Prophet ﷺ said:
“The most burdensome prayer for the hypocrites are ‘Isha and Fajr (because they prefer the comfort of sleep over prayer), but if they really knew what (reward & spiritual benefits) these prayers contain, they would come (to the Masjid to perform them) even if they had to crawl.” [Bukhari]

The person who misses the Fajr prayer has been likened to a munafiq (hypocrite). On the other hand those people who attend the Masjid for the Fajr and 'Isha jama'at have been promised a great reward. Rasulullah ﷺ mentioned:
"Give glad tidings to those who walk in the darkness to the Masajid, with complete nur (light) on the day of judgement”. [Abu Dawud].

This nur Rasulullah ﷺ is referring to is a special, much needed nur that will be given by Allah ﷻ to the believers to help them through the many dark scenes of that horrific day.

As per human nature, once we miss a few Fajr prayers in the Masjid we become habituated to performing it at home. The winter period is an ideal time to bring this great obligation back into practice.

Let us ponder over the virtue of performing any Salah in congregation; the reward will be multiplied by 25 to 27 times.
And then we have the reward of specifically praying the 'Isha & Fajr prayer in congregation.
The Messenger of Allaah (ﷺ) said: “Whoever prays ‘Isha in congregation, it is as if he spent half the night in prayer, and whoever prays Fajr in congregation, it is as if he spent the WHOLE NIGHT in prayer.” [Muslim]

Therefore to be sure that we are saved from the self-destructive attribute of hypocrisy, we must ensure we pray Fajr and 'Isha in the Masjid with jama'at.

Many of us would be up for work anyway so let's plan our time in such a way that we also participate in the congregation.

‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: To attend Fajr prayer in congregation is dearer to me than spending the night in prayer. [Muwatta Imam Malik]

Remember, "If you don't do it now, You probably won't later..."

Mawlana Farhan Wali
Al-Ihsaan Academy

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
12-18-2015, 07:20 PM
Asalamualykum,

It's very true.

Don't leave a task which can be done today for tomorrow because tomorrow never comes!

On that note time for Isha salaah. :D

May Allah swt help us all overcome our bad habits Ameen.

Aaqib
12-22-2015, 02:45 AM
^999 posts :D

btw so what about me when my parents' don't let me wake up so early to pray?

Muslim Woman
12-22-2015, 07:18 AM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaqib
^999 posts :D

btw so what about me when my parents' don't let me wake up so early to pray?

Allah comes first , remember ?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aaqib
12-22-2015, 01:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
:sl:

Allah comes first , remember ?
Very true sister :)

greenhill
12-22-2015, 05:01 PM
It feels strange to think that we could perform fajr hours after waking up... wow! what luxury accorded to those living in temperate climates. We here in tropical climate, have our fajr fairly consistent at a time when it definitely feels better under the covers. :embarrass

But in summer it's a different story..

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!