/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim woman spat on and called "terrorist" in Islamophobic attack on London bus

Glac09
12-23-2015, 03:04 AM
A Muslim student claims she was spat on and called a “terrorist” as passengers watched on during a shocking Islamophobic outburst on a London bus.

Iqra Mohamed said a “crazed” man subjected her to a tirade of Islamophobic abuse as she travelled wearing a hijab in Islington, north London.

The 20-year-old claims fellow passengers looked on without stepping in to help and that some even laughed at her ordeal.

Iqra, from Finsbury Park, north London, said she ‘didn’t think she’d leave the bus alive’ during the incident at around 5.30pm on Sunday, until a pal stepped in to defend her.

Writing on Twitter, she said: “A white man spat at me in a buss [sic] of people and kept on cussing me out cause of my Hijaab while people smiled a laughed along.”

The incident has been reported to British Transport Police who said it would be down to Metropolitan Police to investigate.

Scotland Yard said it had not yet been made aware of the complaint.

Iqra told the London Evening Standard : “I knew he was talking about me when I turned around and he said ‘she’s got the cheek to look at me’.

“He moved seats and then called me a racist and a terrorist. He started to go crazy – he said people like me were coming into this country and taking all the jobs.

“I do think it’s sad no one spoke up for me. The bus was full at one point and you could tell no one wanted anything to deal with him.”

Transport for London has been approached for a comment.

More...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
12-23-2015, 03:37 AM
That's horrible to hear.

May Allah keep all the Muslim sisters safe. Ameen.

TMGuide
12-23-2015, 06:31 AM
It seems like many incidents happen on public transportation. I would like to see a program like 'What would you do' in a bus in England, to let people understand that it's wrong to just watch and not stand up for someone. it's just crazy subhananlah. May Allaah keep sisters safe in England.

Snel
12-25-2015, 01:53 PM
It's interesting how "moderate muslims" want a clap on the head by these same people for their moderation, and they are nowhere to be seen when a muslim woman is attacked. I'd like to equate them with a very lowly animal, but then that would be an insult to that animal...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
hisnameiszzz
12-25-2015, 04:17 PM
These type of attacks are common place these days which is my Mother always says "if you have no reason to be out and about, don't". Now I'm not saying the lady who got attacked should stay at home but these incidents are happening far too often and all over the globe which is actually very frightening.

AbdurRahman.
12-25-2015, 10:00 PM
these stupid cowards can only pick on our sisters when their on their own lol!

Ammar67
12-25-2015, 10:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
May Allah keep all the Muslim sisters safe. Ameen.
Well Said.

Amazigh073
12-28-2015, 02:07 AM
Those are the same idiots that claim our religion teaches to treat women bad. Yet they go around targeting Muslim women. Cowards indeed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.