/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Boxing Day Sales message for Muslims

strivingobserver98
12-25-2015, 10:44 PM
By Shaikh abdul Raheem Hafizahullah

When going in a shopping centre keep reading 4th kalima

'La ilaha illallahu Wahdahu La Shareeka Lahu, Lahul Mulku wa Lahul Hamdu Yuhyi wa Yumeetu Bi Yadihil Khayr wa huwa Alaa kulli shay'in Qadeer'; The Hadith says you will gain one million hasanaat

من دخل السوق فقال لا إله إلا الله وحده لا شريك له له الملك وله الحمد يحي ويميت وهو حي لا يموت بيده الخير وهو على كل شيء قدير كتب الله له ألف ألف حسنة ومحا عنه ألف ألف سيئة ورفع له ألف ألف درجة
الراوي: - المحدث: ابن القيم - المصدر: المنار المنيف - الصفحة أو الرقم: 33
خلاصة حكم المحدث: معلول [وروي من طرق أخرى معلولة أيضا]
Also keep busy in other Azkaar.

2) Don't buy anything you don't need. This could make you shopaholic and greedy.

3) Set a limit of how much you are going to spend. Don't overspend!

Allah says in Surah Bani Israeel:

"And give the relative his right, and [also] the poor and the traveler, and do not spend wastefully.
Indeed, the wasteful are friends of the shaytaan, and Satan has always been ungrateful to his Lord.
And if you [must] turn away from the needy awaiting mercy from your Rabb, of which you are hopeful, then speak to them in a gentle manner.
And do not make your hand tight [as though it's] chained to your neck nor extend it completely and [thereby] become blamed and insolvent.
Indeed, your Lord extends provision for whom He wills and restricts [it]. Indeed He is fully aware of and watchful over the conditions of His slaves. [Quran 17: 26-30]

4) Avoid purchasing on credit cards. One Hadith in sahih bukhari says:
لا اشتري شيا و ليس عندي ثمنه"
"I will not purchase something for which I have nothing to pay" also there will be a risk of falling into interest.

5) Don't forget to plan your day around your salah times (no excuse for making salah qaza)
Gents! It's Juma today! Be careful! Don't miss your Friday Salah at masjid! Surah kahf, Durood sharif.

6) Be in state of wudhu when you leave, so when time for salah comes you can nip into the changing rooms to pray ...

7) Just in case Wudhu breaks and water would be hard to find, Take a bottle of water with you ... Ladies there should be enough room in your hand bag for a bottle of water.

8) Have a compass with you... If you have a smart phone download an app

9) When it's time for prayer don't feel shy, just pop into that changing room or even ask the shop assistant if you can pray...

10) Those of you going to big shopping centres ask at the information desk whether there are provisions for a prayer/ quiet/ multi- faith room... If you don't ask you won't know.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
TMGuide
12-26-2015, 02:48 AM
Boxing day sale is like black Friday right?

strivingobserver98
12-26-2015, 02:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TMGuide
Boxing day sale is like black Friday right?
Yes it is. Prepare for more riots in stores and fighting over products :D.

In the UK, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand, Boxing Day is primarily known as a shopping holiday, much like Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving) in the United States. Boxing Day sales are common in Canada.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_Day

TMGuide
12-26-2015, 04:18 AM
There should be voting, to see who in IB will join in?;D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
12-26-2015, 07:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
Yes it is. Prepare for more riots in stores and fighting over products :D.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_Day
Honestly, when the first time I read "Boxing Day" I thought it's about 'boxing' like Muhammad Ali or Mike Tyson did. ;D

sister herb
12-26-2015, 10:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Honestly, when the first time I read "Boxing Day" I thought it's about 'boxing' like Muhammad Ali or Mike Tyson did. ;D
Maybe it´s just like this - but between customers. :phew

hisnameiszzz
12-26-2015, 10:42 AM
Do remember that when you go clothes shopping, most of the sales racks are filled with items people have taken home and returned, so they could be worn! And most of the items in the sale are items that never sold, and could be from a few seasons back!

Why spend money on things you don't need when you could donate Lillah to various people all over the world and to orphans and widows!

I had a look online at the sales but there is nothing I need, so I am not going to waste money just for the sake of it!

Ain't it lovely how Muslim people will wake up at 4am and join queues outside Next (a UK clothing store) for at least 2 hours be it rain or snow until the store opens at 6am, but they can't be bothered going to the Mosque to pray Fajar at 7.30am! :embarrass:embarrass

strivingobserver98
12-26-2015, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hisnameiszzz
Ain't it lovely how Muslim people will wake up at 4am and join queues outside Next (a UK clothing store) for at least 2 hours be it rain or snow until the store opens at 6am, but they can't be bothered going to the Mosque to pray Fajar at 7.30am!
Yes true.

Boxing day enthusiasts start your day with FAJR before your boxing morning starts with a KNOCK OUT from shaytan.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.