/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I'm an agnostic now

Pages : 1 [2]

The-Deist
01-27-2016, 09:51 AM
Both of them are belief systems which concerns me. But belief in God doesn't need a religion. I can be sure that some higher power exists. But I can not be sure of religion.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The-Deist
01-27-2016, 09:56 AM
crookedrib. I am not sure what kind of guidance you are talking about?

sister herb
01-27-2016, 10:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by StrivingforDeen
Both of them are belief systems which concerns me. But belief in God doesn't need a religion. I can be sure that some higher power exists. But I can not be sure of religion.
I think this is the most common way to "believe" in Finland. Many people are members of the church but they don´t really believe to it but see it only as the institution (what also collect the taxes).

So, you are thinking like typical Finnish. ;D That´s why it´s easy to me to understand your way of thinking (and believing).

The-Deist
01-27-2016, 10:05 AM
Ei voi olla XD mut mä oon khyl sekotus.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
01-27-2016, 10:09 AM
Write Finnish only in Misc languages section, bro. Here admins will delete kind of posts written by other language than English. Well, yes, mixing but seems you have found out well how your Finnish part is thinking.

Seeker666
01-27-2016, 10:11 AM
What can you know about the creator without religion? How can you know he is one? Can you know if the Creator himself is created or not?

I am curious what use is belief in a creator from your point of view?

The-Deist
01-27-2016, 11:21 AM
It is only logical. The world didn't build itself.

crookedrib
01-27-2016, 12:45 PM
I am waiting for true guidance. God knows how much of a dream person I am.
crookedrib. I am not sure what kind of guidance you are talking about?
Well, what kind are you talking about it?

But you said you believe in all the prophets and messengers, how does that work then......???

It is only logical. The world didn't build itself.
Which is why you should go back and read the Quran, Allah :arabic2: talks about the creation of Earth and so on.

Ps. i did not want to like your dream post because it doesn't make any sense, twas an accident.

It would really help if you could tell us what issues you have with Islam, we'll try our best to help you only if Allah wills.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, does your family know about your "conversion"?

The-Deist
01-27-2016, 12:50 PM
They don't know really. Honestly I do not think alot of the messangers and prophets. Why? Because they don't have a living legacy. I am talking about Godly guidance. God knows what would guide me. And no I am not expecting for an angel or money to fall from the sky.

crookedrib
01-27-2016, 01:03 PM
Define 'living legacy'.

Do you believe that Adam was the first man ever created?

Bro, you have to understand that sometimes the signs are not that obvious. A dream for example, is VERY obvious. Read between the lines. If you ask me, i think Allah's guiding you right now. Why else are you here?

The-Deist
01-27-2016, 01:06 PM
A living legacy for me is something that we have of that person in this physical realm. Such as a voice, a picture something that relates to that person.

Scimitar
01-27-2016, 01:14 PM
They don't know really. Honestly I do not think alot of the messangers and prophets. Why? Because they don't have a living legacy. I am talking about Godly guidance. God knows what would guide me. And no I am not expecting for an angel or money to fall from the sky.
There was a town with a beautiful church within a valley. One day it started to rain. It rained so much that flood alerts were issued. By the next day all the ground floors of every house was flooded and fire trucks were taking people to safety. The fire trucks went to the Church to get the Minister, but he said "My God will save me".

By the after noon the trucks couldn't enter the town and so, boats were sent to get the rest of the people, When the boats arrived at the church, the Minister said "My God will save me, go away".... come evening, the flood waters had engulfed ever house and was now reaching the top of the Church. The Minister had taken to the roof and was holding onto the spire for dear life when a rescue helicopter lowered its rope and a man came clambering down "Take a hold of this harness and clip it to your clothing and hold on"... but the Minister replied with "No, go away, My God will save me". So the helicopter left and the Minister ended up drowning.

When God raised the Minister alive, he asked God angrily "Why did you not save me? I believed in you?"... you know what God returns with?

"I sent you emergency vehicles, boats and even a helicopter - what were you expecting? Can you not read the signs I left for you? You? A Minister of the faith?"

- this story is all about the OP and his inability to "SEE" those signs.

Not to mention he is still a child going through puberty... lol that makes me giggle.

crookedrib
01-27-2016, 01:16 PM
What about the holy scriptures, specifically the Quran. Because EVERY other book has been altered EXCEPT the Quran. 1400 years and not one harakah's different from when it was revealed to Muhammad :saws1:

What do you call that? A MIRACLE. A LIVING LEGACY.

You never answered my question. Do you believe in Adam and Hawwaa 'alayhimassalaam?

The-Deist
01-27-2016, 01:17 PM
I have read that story before.

The-Deist
01-27-2016, 01:27 PM
Crookedrib. I was talking about something to relate about the Prophets.

crookedrib
01-27-2016, 01:44 PM
Every single human being can relate to them. We all have the same father and mother. Just look in the mirror. But no person can relate more to them than a Muslim. Why? Because we carry the same message of Allah :arabic2:. The same message that's being preached to for millions of years. ISLAM.

Please stop ignoring my question. DO YOU BELIEVE IN ADAM? (not yelling, making sure that you can see it)

The-Deist
01-27-2016, 01:57 PM
I do not disbelieve or believe in him
And I started with living legacy. So diaries. Something personal to them.

crookedrib
01-27-2016, 02:15 PM
What's that supposed to mean? You don't disbelieve or believe in him? They're both complete opposites, you have to either believe or disbelieve.

Ok how about i help you by the will of Allah.

Do you think we just popped out of no where?
Do you think we fell from the sky?
Do you not believe in a BEGINNING???

I seriously hope you do not believe in humans evolving from monkeys.

You said you believe in God and how the universe didn't create itself. Likewise, humans didn't just come into existence, right?

Please elaborate on not believing or disbelieving.

The prophets and messengers didn't need diaries, they had ALLAH. Instead of writing to themselves they spoke to their creator and relied on his guidance. Look, you don't need to have something material like to believe in their living legacy. All you need is belief.

The-Deist
01-27-2016, 02:31 PM
Belief is not certain. Anyways it just means that I have no opinion on it.

crookedrib
01-27-2016, 02:48 PM
Belief can be certain..if you believe. Depends on your belief and reasoning.

Muslims believe in Allah because it's logical. Muslims are logical alhamdulillah.
Muslims believe in the prophets and messengers because we have proof and ultimately because Allah said so.
Muslims believe in the Quran because it is and has been proven to be kalaamullah.

You have no opinion on how YOU came into existence..OK. This should be one of your main concerns if you truly are looking for the truth.

crookedrib
01-27-2016, 02:59 PM
Bro, answer this honestly. Did you leave Islam because you never felt it was the truth or did you leave because it was a burden to you? Did you feel ashamed of being Muslim? A lot of young Muslims feel left out or too restricted so they think the best way to solve this is to leave Islam altogether. Surely these restrictions are for our own well being.

The-Deist
01-27-2016, 04:31 PM
It was a burden.

crookedrib
01-27-2016, 05:09 PM
Okay so now we know exactly why you left it. But do you still believe that it is the only and absolute truth? Remember, the worst muslim is still better than the best disbeliever.

Allah does not burden a soul beyond that it can bear
(2:286). I'm sure you knew this ayah but it seems that you've forgotten it.

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Religion is easy, and no one overburdens himself in his religion but he will be unable to continue in that way. So do not be extremists, but try to be near perfection and receive the good tidings that you will be rewarded. Gain strength by worshipping in the mornings and afternoons and during the last hours of the night.”Narrated by al-Bukhaari (39) and Muslim (2816).

Thus it is known that a number of principles may be derived from this great hadeeth:
1. Islam is easy in general
2. Hardship opens the door to relief
3. If I tell you to do something, do as much of it as you can.
4. It encourages those who strive hard and gives them glad tidings of goodness and reward that stem from their actions.
5. Comprehensive advice on how to reach Allaah, advice which may be sufficient on its own and no other advice could take its place.
islamqa.info/en/124611

The-Deist
01-27-2016, 05:12 PM
That isen't the full reason. And yes I know the ayah.

crookedrib
01-27-2016, 05:14 PM
It seems you're just looking for an easy way out. No restrictions, no obligations. Which is why you want to believe in God and do nothing else.

Ask yourself this question: Why do i exist? What purpose am i here for?

crookedrib
01-27-2016, 05:16 PM
Is the full reason personal? Please tell us so that if Allah wills we can help you with your imaan crisis.

You are going down a dangerous path and you know it. You're a smart kid.

The-Deist
01-27-2016, 05:19 PM
I can say I felt empty in Islam

crookedrib
01-27-2016, 06:16 PM
Empty as in loneliness or empty as in emotionless?

Both can be dealt with if you have a healthy connection with Allah.

The-Deist
01-27-2016, 06:18 PM
Just empty. I didn't feel no connection to God. It was like praying to a wall.

crookedrib
01-27-2016, 06:59 PM
That's because you were missing that sense of gratitude to Allah. You just prayed because it was an obligation and nothing else.

Why Does My Prayer Feel Like an Empty Ritual?

Part of the reason that people feel emptiness in their prayers is because they feel that by praying and fasting and supplicating, they are doing something to benefit Allah, and that He should feel obliged to reimburse them for their efforts. Then, they desire certain outcomes that their limited insight feels is best for them, and that if those do not occur, then Allah has not answered them, so they become despondent.

Rather, do we ask ourselves how Allah can possibly owe us anything, when, long before we were even created, in His infinite knowledge, He willed that we would be guided as Muslims today? Did He not choose you and I out of billions of people to believe in Him?

What did we do in pre-eternity, what great act of piety, what service, what obedience, for which our creation and guidance was recompense? Nothing whatsoever.

What was there before this entire world of cause and effect and ups and downs and desires and actions? Allah alone, and His pure largess and mercy.

So is it not fitting that we worship Him out of a profound sense of gratitude, solely because He alone deserves to be worshiped, rather than for outcomes, as if He has to pay us back for acts of worship that He guided us to in the first place?

When we choose freely to worship Him (even after He makes us inclined to do so), He creates the act and enables us, then we acquire that prayer in our account of good deeds, then He Himself appreciates it and rewards us for something He created. That is the reality for our devotions. They are in fact a gift from Him to us, not the other way around. Knowing this should change the state of our worship, insha Allah.

http://seekershub.org/ans-blog/2010/...in-my-worship/

Good answer maa shaa Allah^

The-Deist
01-27-2016, 07:49 PM
I felt overall empty. Not just prayer.

crookedrib
01-27-2016, 07:54 PM
If you actually do want to be guided you need to think with a clear state of mind. That means don't let your friends influence your decisions. Don't go listening to music. Trust me, it poisons your mind. Especially the garbage now a days.

Since you've already converted, have you stopped praying? If you have, does it make you feel any different?

Also, how long have you been going through all this if you don't mind me asking? When did you start having doubts?

The-Deist
01-27-2016, 09:15 PM
Doubts started maybe October? Of course I pray still.

crookedrib
01-27-2016, 10:29 PM
3-4 months is a very long time for shaytaan to be doing waswas. But no worries, nothing can overpower true faith in Allah.

Like 5 times a day? You still pray like a Muslim? That's good but who do you pray to and how exactly do you pray? Do you pray in the state of wudhu?

What do you consider yourself now? Because agnostics don't have specific prayers at specific times, they just do it whenever they need God. Don't you feel like that's wrong? Allah loves it when his slaves ask from him but don't you think it's wrong when you only turn to Him when you're in need?

Hope you don't mind me asking all these questions. Although you could elaborate a bit more when answering them..all of them.

Seeker666
01-28-2016, 04:03 AM
We seek the same emotional connect with the creator.

I too have a Rusted heart and seek to fix it.

For me the key is to acknowledge it and the realize that I am utterly totally completely dependent on my Lord for everything including guidance which includes fixing my heart. To him I turn in repentance to him I ask for help and him I ask for love and heartfelt appreciation.

You have no control on your heart that is why one of the most common dua of the prophet:

It was narrated that Anas said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) often used to say: «يَا مُقَلِّبَ الْقُلُوبِ ثَبِّتْ قَلْبِي عَلَى دِينِك» (Yaa Muqallibal Quloob Thabbit Qalbee ‘alaa Deenik) “O Turner of the hearts, make my heart steadfast in adhering to Your religion.”[Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2140) classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi and also see al-Jaam’i as-Sagheer 1323/7988]It is also mentioned in Sunan Ibn Majah,
3834 حدثنا محمد بن عبد الله بن نمير حدثنا أبي حدثنا الأعمش عن يزيد الرقاشي عن أنس بن مالك قال كان رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم يكثر أن يقول اللهم ثبت قلبي على دينك فقال رجل يا رسول الله تخاف علينا وقد آمنا بك وصدقناك بما جئت به فقال إن القلوب بين إصبعين من أصابع الرحمن عز وجل يقلبها وأشار الأعمش بإصبعيه
The Prophet (sallahAllaahu alayhi wasallam) used to often say these words, “O You Who changes the hearts, make my heart firm on Your religion.” We said, `O Allah’s Messenger! We believed in you and in what you brought us. Are you afraid for us’ He said, Yes, for the hearts are between two of Allah’s Fingers, He changes them (as He wills)
keeping your heart on the Deen would ofcourse include the emotional connect.

To reiterate our dependence on Allah from Surah Fateha Tafsir.﴿إِيَّاكَ نَعْبُدُ وَإِيَّاكَ نَسْتَعِينُ ﴾
(5. You we worship, and You we ask for help from.)
The first part is a declaration of innocence from Shirk (polytheism), while the second negates having any power or strength, displaying the recognition that all affairs are controlled by Allah alone

Doubts started maybe October? Of course I pray still.

Seeker666
01-28-2016, 04:12 AM
StrivingForDeen,

Continuing from the previous post.

Something which has helped me tremendously in life is the mean of Ilah especially the baby camel connotation (in bold)! If you can grasp it, you have something unbelievable powerful with you. I just approach Allah telling him I am the baby camel and I have come back to him. It in my opinion is the way of doing virtually anything you need. Its has the same implications as iyyak ka nastaeen.

ILAH
Dictionary Meanings
The root of this word consists of the three letters, alif, lam, and ha and the connotations of various derivations, as one finds in lexicons are as follows:
• Achieved peace and mental calm by seeking refuge with someone or establishing relations with him.
• Became frightened of some impending mishap or disaster, and someone gave him the necessary shelter.
• Turned to another eagerly, due to the intensity of his feelings for him.
The lost offspring of the she-camel rushed to snuggle up to its mother on finding it. Became hidden, or concealed. Also, got elevated.
• Adored, offered worship to.
If we reflect upon these original meanings, we can gain the necessary idea of how the verb came to mean the act of worship and the noun to denote the object of worship. There are four considerations to bear in mind in this connection:
1. Foremost among the factors which engender a sentiment of some degree of adoration for some one is a person's own state of being in distress or need. He cannot even conceive of worshiping someone unless he has reason to believe that someone to be in a position to remove his distress, to fulfill his needs, to give him shelter and protect him in time of danger, and soothe his troubled heart.
2. It goes without saying that the above belief is accompanied by a belief also in the superiority of the other in status, power, and strength.
3. It is also a matter of fact that where any of the needs of a human being are met under the ordinary process of give and take, which takes place perceptibly before one's own eyes, it leads to no sense of reverence, much less of adoration, for the other. For example, if I should be in need of money and, having applied for, and been given a job, am paid for it, since the whole transaction would take place within the full ken of my senses, and I would be fully aware of the circumstances or the reason for giving me the money, I would experience not the slightest desire to offer my employer any adoration. That sentiment arises only when there is some element of mystery surrounding the personality, the power, or the ability of the other to fulfill peoples' needs or to influence events. That is why the word chosen to denote an object of worship includes in its meanings the senses of mystery, perplexity, and superiority in status, etc.
4. Lastly, it is only natural that if one believes another to be in a position to fulfill one's needs, to provide shelter and protection, to soothe a disturbed heart and fill it with peace and calm, one turns eagerly to that
person as a matter of course.
We may therefore safely conclude from the above that the connotation of the word ilah includes the capacities to fulfill the needs of others, to give them shelter and protection, to relieve their minds of distress and agitation, superiority, and the requisite authority and power to do all these, to be mysterious in some way or hidden from men's eyes, and the turning of men eagerly to him.

The-Deist
01-28-2016, 06:16 AM
I just pray like supplicating.

The-Deist
01-28-2016, 08:15 AM
I am a believer in one God.

Seeker666
01-28-2016, 10:18 AM
How do you know there is One God?

I am a believer in one God.

The-Deist
01-28-2016, 10:20 AM
Logical and natural thinking

Seeker666
01-28-2016, 10:55 AM
Please explain your logic and natural thinking.

Logical and natural thinking

The-Deist
01-28-2016, 01:27 PM
Fitrah

Umm Malik
01-28-2016, 01:55 PM
Fitrah
now you believe in allah he is one
is this not mention in the quran ??
the god for sure will give his servant a way of life to live with
it may be in islam in this time ?,
what thing in islam made you left it ??
did you try to practice it before as way of getting the satisfied of your god and to connect with
if you read the quran you will find the all realities in all things
did you try to read the quran to know if this book is the book of allah as the muslim said or no ?
try then you will know the best for you
but don't do every thing and let the quran ... it may be the right ... and you may lost it just because you just say it doesn't make you feel any thing
why you don't want to try just to open your heart to coran as searcher of the truth
try to realize
you can do a thing
now you are servant and worshiper of allah and this is the best thing
it will guide you to the best worshiping of god one day
but just try to realize in the creation of allah and just thank him for all the favors glorify him ... praise him , think of him
and keep asking him
and don't despair
he will guide you to the truth one day
because you want him and you want to worship him by the best way
may allah guide you to the truth and let you test the sweetness of iman
ameen

Seeker666
01-28-2016, 01:58 PM
No such thing as Fitrah... Thats from that Prophet you dont believe in Muhammad SWAS... You will have to do better than that. Its highly illogical for you to quote his idea as proof of why you think God is one.

Fitrah

The-Deist
01-29-2016, 09:33 AM
I can learn from him.

Seeker666
01-29-2016, 10:57 AM
You whole concept of God, ie. he exists and he is one is based on what you learnt from Muhammad SWAS and from understanding fitra which he told us about.

You know you believe in Muhammad then. you are just not giving him credit for it.

You are picking and choosing. It is now evident that your belief in One God is grounded in your islamic background. You are willing to accept that but you are rejecting the rest. Not very reasonable.

Anyways like I said before even if Muhammad SWAS was not devinely appointed messenger, his message is still the true message because the message is to worship the creator of the universe. It is logical to believe in him as a prophet since even that part is wrong Islam is still the true religion of the creator. You cannot go wrong. Its the ultimate pascals wager.

I can learn from him.

Seeker666
01-29-2016, 10:59 AM
Which is not to say there are no proofs of islam, there are loads and loads of reasons to believe in islam, which you cannot say about any other religion.

format_quote Originally Posted by Seeker666
You whole concept of God, ie. he exists and he is one is based on what you learnt from Muhammad SWAS and from understanding fitra which he told us about.

You know you believe in Muhammad then. you are just not giving him credit for it.

You are picking and choosing. It is now evident that your belief in One God is grounded in your islamic background. You are willing to accept that but you are rejecting the rest. Not very reasonable. Its defintely the most logical chose from both a probabilistic point of view and even from a utility theory point of view.

Anyways like I said before even if Muhammad SWAS was not devinely appointed messenger, his message is still the true message because the message is to worship the creator of the universe. It is logical to believe in him as a prophet since even that part is wrong Islam is still the true religion of the creator. You cannot go wrong. Its the ultimate pascals wager.

Seeker666
01-29-2016, 11:01 AM
But the irony is since Islam is a call to worship the creator of the universe, it is by default the true religion of God since there are not a 100 alternates calling to worship the one God.

format_quote Originally Posted by Seeker666
Which is not to say there are no proofs of islam, there are loads and loads of reasons to believe in islam, which you cannot say about any other religion.

The-Deist
01-29-2016, 11:07 AM
Fitrah is just a word. Anyways even if you are not raised as anything you are going to believe in God as one.

The-Deist
01-29-2016, 11:09 AM
Anyways I am someone who prefers to live with no religion but a belief. And my thoughts are not only influenced by Islam.

crookedrib
01-29-2016, 04:14 PM
That's because you're lazy. You don't want to commit to religion because you think it's a "burden". Now you're free of all these obligations and restrictions Islam has put on you so go listen to that music garbage and feel free to go dating. That's what you wanted anyway. Allah knows how long you'll last. You're most definitely going to feel like trash and then you're going to go back to "looking for the truth".

There's no easy way out of this life unless you're willing to go to hell. You're well aware of all this. What do you think's gonna happen after you die? Rot in your grave for all eternity? Or do you think God is going to send you to heaven because your belief in him was just enough? Well it's not. Period.

Apologies for my harshness, but you honestly don't know how upset i am right now. You were gifted with Islam. You were shown the truth. You know what the outcome of an apostate/kaafir is. Yet you're willing to perish in you're afterlife for what? For your desires and friendship in this world. Pitiful.

Allahu musta'aan.

Seeker666
01-29-2016, 04:42 PM
Hi StrivingForDeen,

The biggest trap spiritually is a person believing in that what he likes and disbelieving in what he dislikes.
One has to figure out if they want the truth even if its is bitter or believe what they like and blind themselves.
You have a journey ahead should you at some point want the truth instead of what you like or dislike. We all do. This is a trap almost everyone falls in at some level for some issue.

Anyways I am someone who prefers to live with no religion but a belief. And my thoughts are not only influenced by Islam.

Seeker666
01-29-2016, 04:45 PM
Dr. Gary Miller

The City of Iram
The Qur'an mentions a city by the name of Iram (89:7). The city of Iram has been unknown to history, so unknown that even some Muslim commentators, out of embarrassment for feeling apologetic for their religion, have commented on this mention of the city in the Qur'an as being perhaps figurative, that Iram was possibly a man and not a city.
In 1973 the excavation in Syria at the site of the ancient city of Eblus uncovered the largest collection of cuneiform writings on clay tablets ever assembles. In fact, the library discovered in Eblus contains more clay tablets that are more that four thousand years old than all other tablets combined from all the other sites.
Interestingly enough, you will find the details in the National Geographic of 1978 which confirms that in those tablets the city of Iram is mentioned. The people of Eblus used to do business with the people of Iram. So here in these comes confirmation of the fact that, after all, there really was an ancient city by that name, wherever it was. How did it find its way into the Qur'an, we might ask?
Those Muslims who may have offered their commentary trying to explain away this reference that they were uncomfortable with, were outsmarted by the author of the Qur'an. They would attempt it. Primarily their actions would involve trying to produce evidence that the author of this book had a primitive understanding of the world around us.

The-Deist
01-29-2016, 08:16 PM
Crookedrib, are you sure everything you said is true?

The-Deist
01-29-2016, 08:17 PM
Seeker666 I am not sure if I believe in what I like.

Seeker666
01-30-2016, 03:46 AM
You did say it was a burden. It is natural to dislike a burden. Is that not then disbelieving in what you dont like.

Seeker666 I am not sure if I believe in what I like.

The-Deist
01-30-2016, 10:44 AM
I left Islam for other reasons too.

The-Deist
02-01-2016, 02:56 PM
Very wierd. Since I became a kaffir my Dads and me relationship took a toll. I don't even want to visit him. He's a committed muslim so it's annoying to be in the same house where a religion that you are not committed to in any way practised to the fullest.

Seeker666
02-01-2016, 05:03 PM
Again shows you left islam as you dislike it. When I was an atheist, my parents practice of islam did not bother me. I just had no proof. So I did not believe in it nor did i practice it. I asked them i will believe if you give me proof. no one had the answers.

Its not reasonable that just because you dont believe in islam you should be bothered by your fathers practice. Unless you have some serious dislike for it.

You are not looking for the truth. You are looking for what you like and dislike. That is not going to get you to the truth.

Almost all cases of people I know who converted from islam to other religons do so because they dislike or hate some part of islam. I have never heard even a half baked logical reason for going from islam to another religion. Always people running after their desires and emotions not anyone looking for the truth.

Very wierd. Since I became a kaffir my Dads and me relationship took a toll. I don't even want to visit him. He's a committed muslim so it's annoying to be in the same house where a religion that you are not committed to in any way practised to the fullest.

Seeker666
02-01-2016, 05:09 PM
Even the devil believes in One God. Belief in God is worthless unless you worship him. Until you figure out what that word (Worship) really mean, you will never even know what God really means.

If you figure out what worship really means and what monotheism really mean by comparing various forms of monotheism, you will find the true religion of God.

Until then you may believe in One God, just as much as Iblis also believes in One God.

The-Deist
02-07-2016, 03:52 PM
It's the fact that my fathers practise of Islam seems a little forced.

emem
02-07-2016, 05:05 PM
It's never too late. Back then I was just like you too. I feel emptiness has darkened my eyes and I also helplessly beg for my life to end, but all of that changed when I put my faith in Allah(swt) and trusted him in all and whatever affairs I have in life.

The-Deist
02-07-2016, 05:07 PM
I don't feel empty.

emem
02-07-2016, 05:46 PM
That is good news. If you invoke Allah's(swt) help, he will send you 1000 angels in succession so don't feel empty anymore. The love of Allah(swt) to his slaves is eternal and is the greatest love of all. Alhamdullilah. Inshaallah I hope we all reach jannah. :D

The-Deist
02-07-2016, 05:48 PM
1000 angels? What books you reading?

Serinity
02-07-2016, 07:16 PM
Dude......

Just accept Islam say the shahadah, and that is it.

Better to be a Muslim than a Kafir. The Quran is pure monotheistic. How can anyone doubt Islam's purity? I know you don't.

I have problems too... But know Allah is Most Merciful, so He SWT won't overburden you. If you feel overburdened, then relieve yourself of that which overburdens you, but don't leave the deen!

2 minutes to do wudhu, 5 minutes to pray. 7 x 5 = 35 minutes.

Bang.

The-Deist
02-08-2016, 07:26 AM
The deen overbutdens me IMO

emem
02-08-2016, 11:42 AM
The Holy Quran bro. :)

The-Deist
02-08-2016, 11:42 AM
What about it?

Asiyah3
02-08-2016, 11:48 AM
What about it?
It says if you want to speak to Allah, pray. If you want Allah to speak to you, read the Qur'aan.

The-Deist
02-08-2016, 12:00 PM
@Asiyah3 Yeah

emem
02-08-2016, 12:13 PM
That's where I got the one I said about Allah(swt) sending you 1000 angels in succession.

The-Deist
02-08-2016, 12:14 PM
Are you sure you are not talking of some battle? Copy and paste the verse here.

Kiro
02-08-2016, 01:20 PM
Are you sure you are not talking of some battle? Copy and paste the verse here.
Bro, I think you just need time. And if the religion overburdens you than we develop little by little over time; to become strong enough to bear.

But what exactly is the deen over burdening you? You can just do the very minimum requirements and still obtain paradise.

But like I said, I think you just need time.

Serinity
02-08-2016, 01:23 PM
The deen overbutdens me IMO
I understand you..

But please what overburdens you?

But I understand. May Allah guide for you a way. Ameen.

Kiro
02-08-2016, 01:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
I understand you..

But please what overburdens you?

But I understand. May Allah guide for you a way. Ameen.
We're here to help and ready to listen :)

The-Deist
02-08-2016, 01:45 PM
I feel empty in Islam. That's really the core problem.

Kiro
02-08-2016, 01:49 PM
feelings are vague and if you feel empty, you can fill the vessel overtime. You can build it slowly.

You might feel less empty if you hang around pious people. :)

Kiro
02-08-2016, 01:59 PM
@StrivingforDeen

Like I said, take your time as 'feelings take time' especially if you direct them

But what does it mean to feel empty in Islam, what you simply should do is
"love your brother what you love for yourself"

Take up moral actions and live a life of monotheism but fill in what you desire to love whether is appreciating a brother or your creator

If you love others for the sake of God, than you shouldn't feel empty, Islam is only telling you there is only one God

Serinity
02-08-2016, 02:00 PM
Then do dhikr a lot..

Cause many times, it is not the mind that is the problem, but the heart..

so do dhikr, and cleanse your heart. Talk to Allah. :)

If the mind understands, but the heart does not follow, then that is not good.

Don't worry. :)

Kiro
02-08-2016, 02:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
Then do dhikr a lot..

Cause many times, it is not the mind that is the problem, but the heart..

so do dhikr, and cleanse your heart. Talk to Allah. :)

If the mind understands, but the heart does not follow, then that is not good.

Don't worry. :)
Verily, the heart finds tranquility in the remembrance of Allah

The-Deist
02-08-2016, 02:34 PM
I don't feel empty.

Serinity
02-08-2016, 03:57 PM
I don't feel empty.
Then what do you feel?

Feelings are vague and rather called illusions, you thought about me that I was patient, we all live in our own bubble..

But dabbling like this won't get us anywhere.. Perhaps you need good company.

Scimitar
02-08-2016, 04:18 PM
You guys are wasting your time on one who is out of the fold of Islam - and is here to taunt you about it with his ridiculous one liners lol

TROLL ALERT

Considering that over the past 8 weeks we've seen 5 conversions to Islam on a non Muslim forum where some of reside - I'm starting to wonder what the OP's purpose to stick around here is?

He wants to complain that Islam is a burden and wants you to sympathise with him so he can feel better about himself - what a weak WEAK fool. I will call it like it is. I suspect a moderator will edit this post due to me speaking truth.

Scar

The-Deist
02-08-2016, 04:27 PM
@Timi Scar You do realise we know each other outside of forums.

Scimitar
02-08-2016, 04:33 PM
Yes, and I do realise that you have not taken any of my advice and have instead just sought to use this forum as your own personal and emotional dumping ground while spitting in the face of Muslims and Islam who seek to give you REAL advice that workd, as I had done???

You fear being burdened by Islam - let me tell you something... it's not Islam you fear - it is burden itself.

And life is full of burdens - responsibilities are exactly that - and you have an escapist personality - one which RUNS from responsibility - so really - ISLAM IS NOT FOR YOU.

You do not suit us, we cannot see you benefit yourself let alone the Ummah with your oh so compromised and wayward view of the world - you're a negative person and someone who prefers to absolve themselves of any truth - because you prefer to be lead by your own bias, borne of your own ignorance - you are a jaahil to yourself, there is nothing we can do to help you - only Allah can help you if HE pleases - and that will only happen if you seek HIM in truth and sincerity coupled with a WILL to obey HIM.

And you won't do that - so be off with you, shooo, pest.

Scimi

Scimitar
02-08-2016, 04:39 PM
If you truly want to be helped, leave this forum and instead - be prepared for two things:

1) Prepare to ask Allah for HIS help and guidance
2) Prepare to OBEY HIM....

if you do not - then you are expecting miracles, and we do not live in the times of miracles - so you would be an unreasonable fool if you did not OBEY HIM.

We Obey Allah, because this is the Guidance HE sent down to us - it is in the practice of Islam that hearts find rest, in the remembrance of Allah that hearts find rest - not in the stupidly self loathing and pathetic state of self imposed idiocy as you entertain bro,

People have been posting here til they blue in the face and frustrated with you - because you don't want to listen to them - you're here to get sympathy like an emotional little girl who lost her teddy bear - this is how you come across.

You're a weak and pathetic excuse for life - a slap to the parents who gave you birth.

And you don't see that?

What a shame.

Scimi

The-Deist
02-08-2016, 04:39 PM
You don't know what's happening behind the scenes.

Scimitar
02-08-2016, 04:40 PM
I wonder why you are even still here on Islamicboard forum... tell me - WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE? WHAT'S THE POINT? WHAT DO YOU HOPE TO GAIN HERE?

Scimi

The-Deist
02-08-2016, 04:41 PM
BTW I asked the mods to remove my entire account. But it has been delayed.

Scimitar
02-08-2016, 04:42 PM
I'm not like the other members who will treat you with pleasantries, and kindness, molly coddling you like a baby who need cuddles - NO.

What you get with me is the COLD HARSH TRUTH, your little ego cannot handle.

Scimi

The-Deist
Can't handle? Keep on going.

Scimitar
Another plea for attention... if you want to go - JUST GO, don't post anymore.

Stop making a song and dance about it lol. Pathetic.

Scimitar
02-08-2016, 04:44 PM
For you this has become a slinging match - the truth is, you don't want to be a Muslim... and I am wondering what you are ztill doing here posting like a emotional goth teen with glue sniffing problems.

WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE? WHAT'S THE POINT? WHAT DO YOU HOPE TO GAIN HERE?

The-Deist
02-08-2016, 04:44 PM
Plea for attention? Please continue.

Serinity
02-08-2016, 04:45 PM
Timi Scar does say something true..

Don't take it the negative way, but you need to acknowledge yourself in order to move forward. For if you do not acknowledge yourself in time, I fear perhaps you may lose yourself and die like that. So acknowledge yourself and read what Timi scar said, and take no offense but seek Allah..

Don't be scared of Allah. If you find burden in being in Islam, then perhaps there is a problem with your heart. Idk...

May Allah guide you. Ameen.

Scimitar
02-08-2016, 04:45 PM
Little 14 year old boys need to be educated in Islam instead of the irresponsible computer games they condition themselves with.

The-Deist
02-08-2016, 04:46 PM
Computer games? Mate I don't even use computers. Please continue.

sister herb
02-08-2016, 04:49 PM
I have to agree with Timi about meaning of this thread - it only rounds the same circle without going to anywhere. You feel emptiness but you don´t feel emptiness. Others say read the Quran and you answer but I feel emptiness. And then same again.

This same now 4 weeks. If this continues the next 4 weeks, I don´t thing nothing has changed here at all. :unsure:

The-Deist
02-08-2016, 04:51 PM
I don't feel empty anymore. I am sure I have been influenced by kaffirs. There's like no masjids here and a few muslims only.

Serinity
02-08-2016, 04:51 PM
Computer games? Mate I don't even use computers. Please continue.
You did contradict yourself when you said you felt empty in Islam, and then 2 posts later, I don't feel empty.

A. You lie
B. You are running around the bush.

The-Deist
02-08-2016, 04:52 PM
@Serinity I never become offended ;)

The-Deist
02-08-2016, 04:55 PM
@Serinity You might have seen it that way because this thread is just messy and long. I felt empty in Islam, wierd (?) in Christianity and satisfied as an Agnostic/Deist.

Serinity
02-08-2016, 04:57 PM
You might have seen it that way because this thread is just messy and long. I felt empty in Islam, wierd (?) in Christianity and satisfied as an Agnostic/Deist.
Running after desires... eh...

I think you just need good company. To marry, perhaps? Nah. xD

The-Deist
02-08-2016, 04:57 PM
I am not planning to ever marry.

Scimitar
02-08-2016, 04:58 PM
Funny that, a sister named Odette just reverted from Christianity and she said that Christianity provded one with so much fulfilling feeling but it never solved anything - which is why she realised Islam is the true faith - one of her reasons was this - because as she explained - it is in the effort of lifting our burdens and walking forth towards God that we find the beauty of Islam - not in the escapist notion of it which is what this little young fool wants to have... 14 year olds with more hair on their private parts than they have cells in their brains pfft.

Scimi

sister herb
02-08-2016, 05:00 PM
I don't feel empty.
I don't feel empty anymore. I am sure I have been influenced by kaffirs. There's like no masjids here and a few muslims only.
Yep. Sure. But don´t blame others about your inner imbalance.

Scimitar
02-08-2016, 05:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
I have to agree with Timi about meaning of this thread - it only rounds the same circle without going to anywhere. You feel emptiness but you don´t feel emptiness. Others say read the Quran and you answer but I feel emptiness. And then same again.

This same now 4 weeks. If this continues the next 4 weeks, I don´t thing nothing has changed here at all. :unsure:
he's been repeating this same tired nonsense now for way over four months sister... this guys is a joke :D

Serinity
02-08-2016, 05:04 PM
You are running in circles...

The-Deist
02-08-2016, 05:50 PM
As I said I am sick so I am staying online to pass time. I have a athiest friend, does it mean I want to be atheist? No. Anyways alot of my Muslim do not follow anything strictly.

The-Deist
02-08-2016, 05:57 PM
Only one of my parents is Muslim.

The-Deist
02-08-2016, 06:00 PM
Plus I don't live with the one that's a Muslim.

Serinity
02-08-2016, 06:03 PM
There are no inherently bad people. Everyone believes that, myself included. I don’t doubt the existence of virtue. And yet people bare their fangs when it seems they can profit. People will rationalize their own behavior whenever they become tainted with evil; they’re not supposed to be evil. In order to preserve their own twisted integrity, the world becomes twisted. Someone you praised as “cool” until yesterday is “stuck up” today; someone you respected as “smart and knowledgeable” is now scorned as someone who “looks down on bad students”, and “energetic vigor” becomes “annoying and overly carried away”.

Those who lack resolve are incapable of even wiping away their own tears......

Allahu alam.

Muhammad
02-09-2016, 02:03 PM
As already stated, this thread has been going in circles for some time now and it does not seem things are getting very far. May Allaah :swt: reward all of those who have taken time and effort to try and get a confused person back on track. :ia: none of that is wasted; our duty is but to convey.

Strivingfordeen, I hope you will reflect on what numerous well-intentioned people have been telling you for so long. Please note that for some, it is their concern which has led to frustration. They are hurt by your mistake. Whatever question you have about Islam and whatever worry you have, all these people are ready to respond to it. When you are ready to strive, they will be waiting :ia:.

As for those who strive hard in Us (Our Cause), We will surely guide them to Our Paths (i.e. Allah's religion - Islamic Monotheism). And verily, Allah is with the Muhsinun (good doers).
[Al-Ankaboot: 69]

If anyone has anything further to add, they can contact the moderators :ia:. May Allaah :swt: guide Strivingfordeen and keep us all steadfast, Aameen.

Thread closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.