/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Family Smokers

anonymous
01-05-2016, 10:03 PM
Addiction of cigarettes with some members family, I told them it's discouraged in Islam.
How else can I advise?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
01-05-2016, 10:31 PM
Tell them that you are worry about their health as it can cause many several diseases. Don´t preach but show to them that you care about them and their welfare.

HappyMuslimaa
01-06-2016, 03:44 AM
Try approaching them without words, show them your concern and worry for them in this life and the next with actions.

Both of my parents smoke, though they are not Muslim, they recently started a step towards quitting with vapor cigarettes. I think they are thinking about living to see grandchildren inshallah now that their oldest daughter is married (me).
I shared this story because it might be something that could potentially be a good motivator for your family.
Inshallah my reply will be of help to you.

Moshy
01-06-2016, 01:47 PM
Tell them about the bad effects like lung cancer.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BeTheChange
01-06-2016, 06:41 PM
Asalamualykum,

I would recommend leaving random leaflets around the house.

Please visit http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/2344.aspx?CategoryID=53 for more information and look at the stop smoking clinic as well.

Try and order free literature from this website https://www.orderline.dh.gov.uk/ecom_dh/public/home.jsf

Or do your own research and design leaflets which will allow them to ponder over the information...

Try not to be too forceful even though we sometimes take this approach out of love but it has the opposite effect on certain people...

May Allah swt help you in your goal Ameen.

azc
01-22-2016, 11:08 AM
Are you an important person in their eyes?If yes, then:stop talking to them

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.