/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Studying for dunja or akhira?

new2010
01-09-2016, 01:57 PM
Assalamualaikum,

when you would have the chance, what would you study today? There are many interesting subjects but you probably won't get a job with them. So, would you rather choose a subject with good chance of getting a job afterwards or risk being jobless with an interesting subject?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
01-09-2016, 09:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by new2010
Assalamualaikum,

when you would have the chance, what would you study today? There are many interesting subjects but you probably won't get a job with them. So, would you rather choose a subject with good chance of getting a job afterwards or risk being jobless with an interesting subject?
:wa:

Do you mean a subject in normal college eg. Maths, English, Science etc or an Islamic subject?

Either way, I would study interesting subject and risk being jobless :).

:jz:

Linkdeutscher
01-09-2016, 09:04 PM
I'd study the deen of Allah and succeed in both this life and the next.

hisnameiszzz
01-09-2016, 09:15 PM
I would love to have studied Law or Medicine. But I was not clever enough for Medicine and my parents would not let me go to a university where I could study law. They made me stay local and I studied Accountancy.

Islamically I would have liked to have studied the Prophets life in full detail. I love the stories of his time whenever they are mentioned in lectures and sermons.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
new2010
01-09-2016, 10:54 PM
Yes, bro, I mean universities. Of course it should be the highest goal to learn the deen of Allah. But where can you do that nowadays? North Africa is very unstable and when you look to Saudia, it's getting worse too. I would love to go there, but political instability let doubts appear to my mind. I know you don't need to go anywhere to learn Islam, but if you intend to do it seriously full time, it's necessary to travel where all the ulama are sitting. We're living genuinely in taff times, subhanAllah.

It's even difficult, if you choose a subject without being able to feed a family after your studies. Otherwise, subjects that are not high rated in economic are more useful to understand your world you're living in. Of course you cannot generalize but I think in the most cases this is like that. It would be too great when we get stable governments in Islamic countries too be able to go there and learn the deen according to Quran and Sunnah.

May Allah show us the truth and lighten our hearts and make us understand each other better, to live together, under the rulings of Allah, with justice and peace.

TMGuide
01-10-2016, 05:09 AM
Study a subject you enjoy, that you know you will love regardless of the job situations. This way you will be passionate enough to always hire yourself (become an entrepreneur) :statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.