/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion A few Suggestions to make the website Simpler

BlackSeed
01-10-2016, 09:00 AM
Simpler the better

Popular websites such as Twitter and Facebook have always made their websites look simpler and lighter, so i would recommend the forum to reduce some of the not so active forum categories in order to increase its simplicity. I will list some suggestions below to increase the simplistic look.

• Reduce unwanted categories (When we concentrate on too many things we end up specializing in nothing)
  • Both the side and top statistic panels are showing the same ''new posts'' i would recommend to one of those because too many boxes showing the same statistics can look as spam overall
  • Make the notifications of new messages or quotes appear in Red text like in FB notification (Top right corner) because the key point of maintaining an active forum is to give members a reason to come back, members generally come back to see if they are having new notifications so its important for that part to be shown in a red text.

Insha Allah i will ad more suggestions in future, Jazakallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BlackSeed
01-10-2016, 09:02 AM
Correction in the second suggestion.

• Both the side and top statistic panels are showing the same ''new posts'' i would recommend to REMOVE one of those because too many boxes showing the same statistics can look as spam overall

strivingobserver98
01-10-2016, 09:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BlackSeed
Reduce unwanted categories (When we concentrate on too many things we end up specializing in nothing)
Yes :ia: we are looking into that. You know before recently we had separate sections for "Feedback and suggestions" and "Technical support". Now that it's merged alhamdulilah it's looking much more cleaner and simpler.

Both the side and top statistic panels are showing the same ''new posts'' i would recommend to one of those because too many boxes showing the same statistics can look as spam overall
By side do you mean this?

Maybe we can replace it with new threads instead of new posts.

Make the notifications of new messages or quotes appear in Red text like in FB notification (Top right corner) because the key point of maintaining an active forum is to give members a reason to come back, members generally come back to see if they are having new notifications so its important for that part to be shown in a red text.
:jz: will look into that.

strivingobserver98
01-11-2016, 05:54 AM
Make the notifications of new messages or quotes appear in Red text like in FB notification (Top right corner) because the key point of maintaining an active forum is to give members a reason to come back, members generally come back to see if they are having new notifications so its important for that part to be shown in a red text.
Red text now. Let's see how it goes :ia:.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
01-11-2016, 08:23 AM
Red text what looks number of notifications? I noticed the color of numbers but I didn´t see it red but yellow (or orange or something like but red it wasn´t).

strivingobserver98
01-11-2016, 08:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Red text what looks number of notifications? I noticed the color of numbers but I didn´t see it red but yellow (or orange or something like but red it wasn´t).
Oh red is only on IslamicBoard theme. Will put it on other themes too soon :ia:. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.