/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What are the benefits of being trustworthy?

Ali Hammuda
01-12-2016, 09:49 AM
If you're asked, "What are the benefits of being trustworthy?" consider adding the following incident in your response ..

Ibn 'Aqeel said, speaking about himself:
"I once went for Hajj. There, I found a necklace on the ground. It was made of pearls and its string was red. As soon as I picked it up, I saw a blind old man calling out for it and offering 100 Dinars for the one who finds it. I returned it to him. He then said to me, "Take the 100 Dinars" but I refused.

I then travelled from Mecca to Ash-Sham and there I visited Al-Quds (Jerusalem). Then I made my way to Baghdad and stopped at Aleppo on the way. I entered a Mosque, feeling cold and hungry. I was pushed forward to lead the prayer and then they offered me food with the congregation. It was the first of Ramadan, and they said to me, "Our Imam has just passed away and we would like you to lead us in prayer for the remainder of the month." I agreed.

After some time, they mentioned to me that their previous Imam had a daughter and suggested that I marry her. I agreed. After a year, she gave birth to our son, but fell critically ill immediately afterwards.

One day, as I was sitting by her side, I looked carefully at her and at the necklace which she was wearing. To my amazement, it was the *very same* necklace that I had found many years ago! I said to her, "This necklace has a story of its own!" and I related the incident to her. She burst into tears and said, "So it was you?! My father would cry and make du'aa, saying: 'O Allah! Grant my daughter a husband like the man who returned this necklace to me.' Allah has accepted his du'a"

Not long after this, she passed away. I inherited all her estate, along with the necklace and returned back to Baghdad"
(Narrated by Imam Adh-Dhahabi in his 'Siyar A'laam An-Nubalaa')

This is the product of 'Amaanah'/trustworthiness.

Your Islam is also an Amaanah however, so are your senses, desires, limbs, time and *everything* which Allah has placed at your disposal.

Thus, wise is the one who superimposes Ibnu 'Aqeel's story onto every Amaanah placed at his hands. You will not be left empty handed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.