/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sisters and Brothers

LaSorcia
01-14-2016, 02:11 AM
Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this.

So, I'm a Christian, if you didn't notice by my info. :)

As Christians, we are supposed to call believers our sisters and brothers. When I first became a Christian, I was so excited and expected to go to a church and meet my family members, no kidding. I found that it is very rare nowadays for Christians to call each other brothers and sisters. This makes me sad. I felt happy here to see people calling each other brother and sister. It just feels so right. Please tell me about this tradition in Islam. I have not finished the Quaran yet. I have a teenager and a toddler child, it will take me some time lol.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
01-14-2016, 07:58 AM
:)

إِنَّمَا الْمُؤْمِنُونَ إِخْوَةٌ فَأَصْلِحُوا بَيْنَ أَخَوَيْكُمْ وَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ لَعَلَّكُمْ تُرْحَمُونَ
“The believers are nothing else than brothers. So make reconciliation between your brothers, and fear Allah, that you may receive mercy.” [Al-Hujjurat, 49:10]

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اجْتَنِبُوا كَثِيراً مِّنَ الظَّنِّ إِنَّ بَعْضَ الظَّنِّ إِثْمٌ وَلَا تَجَسَّسُوا وَلَا يَغْتَب بَّعْضُكُم بَعْضًا أَيُحِبُّ أَحَدُكُمْ أَن يَأْكُلَ لَحْمَ أَخِيهِ مَيْتًا فَكَرِهْتُمُوهُ وَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ تَوَّابٌ رَّحِيمٌ
“O you who believe! Avoid much suspicion, indeed some suspicions are sins. And spy not, neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would hate it. And fear Allah. Verily, Allah is the One Who forgives and accepts repentance, Most Merciful.” [Al-Hujjurat, 49:12]

The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم also said about brotherhood: “None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.” [Bukhari & Muslim]

The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said: “You will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Shall I not guide you to something which if you carry out you will love one another? Spread salaam amongst yourselves.” [Muslim]

The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said: “Each of you is the mirror of his brother, so if he sees a fault in him he should wipe it away from him.” [Tirmidhi]

The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said: “Do not have malice against a Muslim; do not be envious of other Muslims; do not go against a Muslim and forsake him. O the slave of Allah! Be like brothers with each other. It is not allowed for a Muslim to desert his brother for over three days.” [Muslim & Tirmidhi]

“The Believers, in their mutual love, mercy and compassion, are like one body: if one organ complained, the rest of the body develops a fever.” [Bukhari & Muslim]

greenhill
01-16-2016, 02:56 PM
Hi @LaSorcia , as per the 'spirit of being' brother Farhan's quotes, ultimately that is how Allah wants us to live.

Why are we brothers and sisters? It can be seen from the messages of the Books. First rule is to know and build a connection with Allah. Which is pretty much what the Psalms was about. Praises and prayers. The Torah added human mechanics (do unto others, eye for an eye. . .) the Bible brought forgiveness (ended generational feuds) and Quran set the rules for living in a community. Hence, in a community, united by faith and (should be) abiding by the laws (Quran and sunnah) we are all brothers and sisters in faith.

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.