/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Perfume and Oudh

LaSorcia
01-14-2016, 02:15 AM
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone else is familiar with Swiss-Arabian perfumes? They are awesome. Perfume blending is an art dating back centuries. Most Western and Asian perfumes are lab made with an alcohol base. The Swiss-Arabian perfumes are essential oil based and smell fantastic.

Also, I just bought some wonderful oudh (I think that's the right word for incense?). It needs to be burned on charcoal, but my first attempt at that didn't work very well. Any experienced folks have some advice?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
01-14-2016, 08:25 PM
Hey hope your well :). I will buy some one day and try it :ia: sounds good!

This video should help:

LaSorcia
01-14-2016, 10:29 PM
Thanks!

Scimitar
01-14-2016, 10:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
Hey hope your well :). I will buy some one day and try it :ia: sounds good!

This video should help:

never seen this method before :D

I used to do this one.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
LaSorcia
01-30-2016, 01:59 AM
So, I tried these methods, and they seemed to work...sort of. It only burns for about 10 minutes, which I wasn't expecting, given that a cheap incense stick burns longer than that. Also, the resin I burn doesn't turn to dust. It still looks virtually the same after burning on the charcoal. It smells absolutely fantastic, but it's over so fast. Is this common? Thanks in advance for any help.

strivingobserver98
01-30-2016, 05:56 PM
Seems normal. What do you think @Timi Scar ?

After the charcoal has burnt for approximately 10 minutes, a thin layer of ash will have formed on top of it. Do not brush this off.
http://www.agaraura.com/burnchips.html

LaSorcia
01-30-2016, 07:31 PM
Well, I got no ash and the charcoal went out after only 10 minutes. I looked around and saw that perhaps I need to buy a better charcoal.

I just came across that site, agaraura.com. Those oils look fantastic! Given how expensive they are, I'd like to know if anyone has experienced them before I tried some.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.