/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The use of the term 'Hijabi'

Huzzy_786
01-22-2016, 09:25 PM
The use of the term "Hijabi" for someone who wears a scarf is incorrect. Hijāb is a state.

"Hijābi" is possibly the most misunderstood word. It's become synonymous solely with 'adorning the scarf' whilst this is not the definition. حجاب comes from the root word حجب which means to cover. So in essence a woman wearing a scarf with skin tight clothing would not be classed as a "Hijabi" because Hijab is a state. .

For those that have studied Hajj in depth know that Ihraam is not only in reference to the garments worn rather it is the state one enters after making Niyyah and Talbiyyah, so in the absense of the conditions EVEN IF someone was to wear the garments known as Ihraam, they will not be in the state of Ihraam. .

Similarly, Hijab is a state. The words root from حجب which mean to cover, to viel. This is why the term Hijab also applies to brothers, not for the adornment of the scarf rather for lowering their gaze, for covering the body, their actions to be modest and for sisters, covering their body in such a manner whereby their figure is not visible, followed by actions of modesty and Haya, that is the true essence of Hijāb. It doesn't come cheap.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kiro
01-22-2016, 09:45 PM
I am a Hijabi ;D

BilalKid
01-22-2016, 09:49 PM
i can call my brothers hijabi?? ^o)

Huzzy_786
01-23-2016, 09:25 AM
Yup lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.