/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Muslim millionaires?

strivingobserver98
01-25-2016, 10:58 PM
:sl:

Great read, thought I'd share :).

"I have found, far too often, that brothers and sisters believe “too much wealth” is something to avoid as it can lead to unnecessary fitna and extravagance. This belief reaches such an extent that abundance, which could be used for the aid and support of others, is frowned upon or avoided.Regardless, this eventually becomes a mind-set of selfishness. Not only does such an individual allow their nafs to rule over them and enslave them, they also severely limit their ability to invest in their Ākhira (Hereafter) and create the much needed real change that real people so desperately need.

Secondly, I have personally seen fellow Muslims condemning other Muslim entrepreneurs online for using the language of Islām to attract customers. Whilst there is genuine concern if there is no value provided for the customer, those who have created value for themselves and the customer deserve no such censure. This simply needs to stop too.

In addition, many of us in our communities even associate those who do good work for profit or pay to be either tainted or less honourable than those who do it for free. This is where our common sense completely fails us."
Read full article here: http://www.islam21c.com/islamic-thou...-millionaires/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.