PDA

View Full Version : child abuse and islam



kryptamin
01-28-2016, 12:30 AM
Sorry for my ignorance, but I just want to learn about the Islamic perspective.
In the Qur'an, Muhammad molests Aisha when she was 9 year old child and he also hits her numerous times.
I am open-minded about other cultures, and I just want to understand what you think about it.
In Western countries, having sex with children is viewed very negatively.
What do Muslims think about this? I heard that it was illegal, but what about Muhammad?
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Futuwwa
01-28-2016, 12:57 AM
Originally Posted by kryptamin
In the Qur'an, Muhammad molests Aisha when she was 9 year old child and he also hits her numerous times.
[citation needed]
Reply

ReboundMuslimah
01-28-2016, 01:28 AM
Edited
Reply

Finding Peace
01-28-2016, 02:32 AM
He didn't molest Aisha (RA) he actually waited for her until she became a women. And it was when she got her period that, she was considered a women. She was Muhammads (pbuh) best friends daughter and her parents wanted him to marry her. And "1400 years ago was very different than now, times have changed and so have humans. 1400 years ago it was something very common to marry young girls, in fact they were not considered young girls, and rather they were considered young women back then. It is a historic fact that girls from the ages of 9 to 14 were being married in Europe, Asia, and Africa, in fact even in the United States girls at the age of 10 were also being married just more than a century ago. And he never hit her. You have the wrong meaning. You didn't understand it clearly.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Saleem Khan
01-28-2016, 03:51 AM
Nabi sallallahu alaihi wasallam never layed a finger on any of his wives.

Regarding the age issue, according to islamic law a male and a female can marry as long as they have reached the age of puberty. That is the sign that they have become an adult. Even in nature such at such an age a person can procreate. In the texas until recently the lowest age for marriage to a girl was 12 years old???? Why doesn't anyone call that molestation. Now I believe the age is 14.

Many westerners object to this marriage. However what they don't know is that these marriages took place all over the world at that time even by their forefathers. There's a very good article online about proving how it was a common practice at that time even by the rulers of Europe.
Reply

Saleem Khan
01-28-2016, 03:54 AM
I'll try to find the article.
Reply

sister herb
01-28-2016, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by kryptamin
In the Qur'an, Muhammad molests Aisha when she was 9 year old child and he also hits her numerous times.
Have you ever even read the Quran? Aisha isn´t mentioned there at all. The only female who is mentioned in the Quran by name is Maryam (Mary), the mother of Jesus (prophet Isa).

Other parts of your posts are only common hoax - nonsense what your islamophobic friends spread.
Reply

eesa the kiwi
01-28-2016, 08:09 AM
Originally Posted by kryptamin
Sorry for my ignorance, but I just want to learn about the Islamic perspective.
In the Qur'an, Muhammad molests Aisha when she was 9 year old child and he also hits her numerous times.
I am open-minded about other cultures, and I just want to understand what you think about it.
In Western countries, having sex with children is viewed very negatively.
What do Muslims think about this? I heard that it was illegal, but what about Muhammad?

there is nothing of the sort in the quran, if you want to take what you think you know about islam from right wing propragandists then do not do anything further on this site. just close your eyes and ears and go back to watching fox news like the rest of your sheeple

if you want to really learn about islam and what it stands for GO READ THE QURAN
its not hard you know you might actually enjoy it and by the end you'll be less likely to come up with ridiculous statements like the one in bold
also have a look at this site www.islamreligion.com
sorry if i came across as harsh but you have no idea how offensive what you just said was
Reply

kryptamin
01-28-2016, 05:41 PM
I should probably read the Qu'ran one of these days. I'm sure there are a lot of insightful words, and I haven't seen any of it. But I have nothing against Muslims and I'm definitely not trying to attack anyone with some hidden agenda. To be honest, I don't hate or like Muslims. I never get to meet any Muslims to me its strange to think that 20% of the world is Islamic. (Personally, I am atheist and in real life, I try to avoid talking about religion because religious debates can sometimes ruin relationships.)

Anyways, the only reason why I brought up this topic was because I read an article about "bacha bazi" (I know, I know that this has nothing to do with Islam, which was why I didn't bring it up in the original post). But that's what made me start looking up this all this info online.
You guys were asking about references, but I can't because I'm not a full member, but
basically I got it from **************. The article title is "Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Aisha"
Just copy and paste it into the search bar and it will open.

This was where I got all my information. It was reading this page that made me post the original question.
And you guys are right, the passages about Aisha it was not in the Qu'ran but in the Hadith. I foolishly assumed that Sahih Muslim was a part of the Qu'ran.
Maybe the wiki misquoted all the passages, I checked some of the Hadiths and some of them do seem open to interpretation...
I don't know, I guess it doesn't really matter if the Messenger of Allah had a 9 year old wife. Historians seem to think that was pretty common in those days. A lot of what we view as acceptable is based on what society tell us is ok.
Reply

kryptamin
01-28-2016, 05:42 PM
See, it blocked out the website name again, it was wikiislam
Reply

Bong
01-28-2016, 06:18 PM
It is a well known fact, that we muslims shouldn't say it never happened, and it is pretty embarassing. It is a shame to read all the replies here asking for sources. A quick google search will pop hundreds of results. It may not be in the Koran indeed but it is part of history. Also, saying that 1400 years ago was a different time is the worst form of apology one can make, a 9 yo girl remained a 9yo girl back then, and I am kinda disgusted by my brothers and sisters claiming it isn't.
Reply

sister herb
01-28-2016, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by Bong
It is a well known fact, that we muslims shouldn't say it never happened, and it is pretty embarassing. It is a shame to read all the replies here asking for sources. A quick google search will pop hundreds of results. It may not be in the Koran indeed but it is part of history. Also, saying that 1400 years ago was a different time is the worst form of apology one can make, a 9 yo girl remained a 9yo girl back then, and I am kinda disgusted by my brothers and sisters claiming it isn't.
A quick google search only shows how much nonsense internet includes. We sure know there are what ever else claims which haven´t nothing to do with Islam and we sure know that some whose knowledge is zero may believe all of them. But still it shouldn´t be acceptable that someones here then tell the source is "I read it from Internet".

Original poster claimed that in the Quran is mentioned "Muhammad molests Aisha when she was 9 year old child and he also hits her numerous times." Do you now in your post ("that we muslims shouldn't say it never happened") claim it happened and it´s mentioned in the Quran?

Welcome to forum too.
Reply

Search
01-28-2016, 06:57 PM
:bism:

Welcome to the board, brother!

I used to be an atheist/agnostic, but I'm now a Muslim. I didn't plan on adopting any religion and to be honest would have scorned any suggestion that I would. I wasn't simply that type of person, that is, seeking a religion. I was patently disinterested in even knowing if God even existed.

That said, yes, I am a practicing Muslim today and have never regretted my decision. I don't know about you specifically as to how you feel about God or God's existence or anything divine, but what I would tell you is definitely to read the Quran because a lot of misinformation exists about Islam on the Internet and since Islam and Muslims are so much in the news, it is a good idea to be able to gauge for yourself if what people say about Islam is a true or false charge on your own.

I can relate to you avoiding talking about religion; because that's how I'd spent my college life. I mean I had Buddhist, Hindu, Christian, Muslim, and Jewish and atheist/agnostic friends, but I avoided the topic of religion with them as much as I could because simply I didn't make friends on the basis of whose religion was what. If I liked the person and got along with the person, then I was happy to develop a friendship.

As for the site you linked being blocked, what I understand is that new members have limited access and are unable to post links; I experienced the same when I was a new member, and I can empathize with you on that being frustrating, but thankfully, I was able to get past that stage and become a full member. And I hope you stick around and get to know us Muslims because I'd love for you to contribute your opinions on subject matters too! We have actually have some wonderful non-Muslims members whom I really like and respect here; so, please know you'd feel welcome and can fit right in with us here and of course there's no pressure.

You are right that what was acceptable in historical times is not acceptable today; for example, Prophet Abraham (peace be upon him) was given a divinely inspired dream at least three times to slaughter his beloved son whom he had had after so many years of barrenness. This type of thing would be considered sheer lunacy in today's times; however, since he was a prophet, what he was given comes under the specific category of revelation which in his case was meant to prove his sincerity to God, and God rewarded him for his sincerity by not letting the son be sacrificed but placing in his stead an animal.

In much the same way, Prophet Muhammad :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him) was given a dream three times from what I remember to marry Aisha (may God be pleased with her). Therefore, whatever of objections people make today to this marriage, is actually not only an anachronistic objection (as you yourself recognized when you mentioned how historians also believe this to have been common in that time period) but also an objection in reality to God's will.

Anyhow, welcome again to the board, brother, and I look forward to you posting and getting to know you better on IB!

Wishing you health and happiness,


Originally Posted by kryptamin
I should probably read the Qu'ran one of these days. I'm sure there are a lot of insightful words, and I haven't seen any of it. But I have nothing against Muslims and I'm definitely not trying to attack anyone with some hidden agenda. To be honest, I don't hate or like Muslims. I never get to meet any Muslims to me its strange to think that 20% of the world is Islamic. (Personally, I am atheist and in real life, I try to avoid talking about religion because religious debates can sometimes ruin relationships.)

Anyways, the only reason why I brought up this topic was because I read an article about "bacha bazi" (I know, I know that this has nothing to do with Islam, which was why I didn't bring it up in the original post). But that's what made me start looking up this all this info online.
You guys were asking about references, but I can't because I'm not a full member, but
basically I got it from **************. The article title is "Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Aisha"
Just copy and paste it into the search bar and it will open.

This was where I got all my information. It was reading this page that made me post the original question.
And you guys are right, the passages about Aisha it was not in the Qu'ran but in the Hadith. I foolishly assumed that Sahih Muslim was a part of the Qu'ran.
Maybe the wiki misquoted all the passages, I checked some of the Hadiths and some of them do seem open to interpretation...
I don't know, I guess it doesn't really matter if the Messenger of Allah had a 9 year old wife. Historians seem to think that was pretty common in those days. A lot of what we view as acceptable is based on what society tell us is ok.
Reply

Search
01-28-2016, 07:21 PM
:bism:

:sl:

Originally Posted by Bong
It is a well known fact, that we muslims shouldn't say it never happened, and it is pretty embarassing. It is a shame to read all the replies here asking for sources. A quick google search will pop hundreds of results. It may not be in the Koran indeed but it is part of history. Also, saying that 1400 years ago was a different time is the worst form of apology one can make, a 9 yo girl remained a 9yo girl back then, and I am kinda disgusted by my brothers and sisters claiming it isn't.
I respectfully completely disagree with you when you say a nine-year old girl was a nine-year old girl back then. Today, we have the concept of childhood which really didn't exist until the Renaissance period; and I know this not only because I was studying to be a history major in college before I switched to anthropology but also because I took International Children's Rights class when I was in law school and we were taught the historical background to the concept of childhood that is unknown today but an omnipresent feature of how we see children today. If enough people are interested in this topic, I'd also be happy to contact my law professor in college and see if I could get a list of the materials that we'd studied in the class that patently disprove so many Islamophobic claims regarding Aisha's (may God be pleased with her) marriage to Prophet Muhammad :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him).

As I told the OP, people who object to Aisha's (may God be pleased with her) marriage to Prophet :saws: are not only making an anachronistic objection to her age but also in reality are objection to God's will because Prophet Muhammd :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him) was given a dream at least three times (which comes under the category of "wahy" as in revelation) to marry Aisha (may God be pleased with her). Now, I can appreciate that it is hard for both Muslims and non-Muslims to appreciate the historical and religious context of divine will that sanctioned the marriage. And I'm sorry to ask but who is saying that we have to apologize or make an apology for Islam? Because if Muslims start apologizing for that, then we might also have to start apologizing for Prophet Abraham (peace be upon him) receiving a dream three times to slaughter his son because that was divine will though God did not allow that to occur because it in reality was only a test of his sincerity. So, if we have objections to God's will, we should really check our imaan (faith) because something is not right there, and we should seek to correct ourselves instead of questioning God's will.

By the way, one of the students of my sheikh (Islamic teacher) had said that the marriage of Prophet Muhammad :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him) to Aisha (may God be pleased with her) was an exception, that is, God specifically willed her for Prophet Muhammad :saws: whereas none of his other wives were so young, and this was solely on account of how God was arranging for circumstances to unfold because we also know that God would use the false rumors against the chastity of Aisha (may God be pleased with her) when she lost her jewelry to reveal a portion of the Quran on how women should not be falsely accused. Not only that, we know today from science that our best memorization age is in childhood and early portion of our adulthood, and Aisha (may God be pleased with her) was able to relay many ahadith (prophetic traditions) from her excellent memory about Prophet's :saws: manners, intentions, and actions, things which form the bulk of how we know to follow the sunnah (prophetic footsteps) without any missteps and able to provide guidance as the first female scholar to early Muslims on how Prophet Muhammad :saws: (peace and blessings be upon her) was. Her contribution is inestimable and we as Muslims need to recognize the honor and beauty that is specific to this marriage because it is no secret that while Prophet Muhammad :saws: (peace and blessings be upon her) had other wives whom he had to marry also on account of God's will to show the rightness of marrying a divorcee, widow, etc., he loved Aisha (may God be pleased with her) the most after his beloved deceased wife Khadeeja (may God be pleased with her).

:wa:
Reply

Futuwwa
01-28-2016, 08:21 PM
As it happens, there is a hadith in which Aisha says that Muhammed was more sexually restrained than any other man. Does that sound like something you'd say about someone who molested you?
Reply

Abz2000
01-28-2016, 08:28 PM
Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatAllahi wa barakaatuhu to all the sincere Muslim brothers and sisters - and to those who are yet to accept that Islam is the truth and only way of life acceptable to Almighty God in order to gain paradise and be saved from hellfire - may Allah who is all Wise and Intelligent guide us to the truth and right conduct which is pleasing to Him.

I find myself compelled to comment after a long while due to some misinformation which it is every capable person's duty to correct when they know an essential fact which may have passed by others.

Firstly, The final messenger of God (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, his family and his followers) Muhammad's life was an example to those who followed and came after him, his mistakes where corrected by God even with admonition or threats of fall from grace within the Quran itself and his good deeds were rarely mentioned and even if they were, they were usually attributed to the grace of God or fleetingly mentioned as a wise choice, this fact can be seen throughout the Quran, Surah 'Abasa, Al Isra' Anfal 67-69, for some amongst many admonitions and threats, end of surah tawbah, ahzab 21, ale Imran 159 plus a precious few more for the commendations.
His marriages were not mentioned as worthy of condemnation, some were even mentioned in the Quran and the wife whom you mention is mentioned more than once along with other wives.
We are informed via many usually reliable sources that he (pbuh)was ordained to marry first Khadijah (may Allah be pleased with her) of whom it is mentioned that she was fifteen years his senior by age and forty years old and later Aishah the daughter of Abu Bakr (his closest companion and confidant) - of whom it is said that she was 6 years of age at engagement and 9 (nine) at consumation.
Therefore between these ages there is no dispute amongst the believers as to what is allowed - provided of course that it is a lawful marriage within the bounds of Islam (God knows how many scholarly debates there would otherwise have been) and a person is not under compulsion to marry a forty year old or get engaged to a six year old and consummate at nine.
With that said, it is a certain fact that women become aware at a very young age and my six year old daughter is already more busy buying hair clips and eyeliner than sweets, God knows how it will be at nine. Not to say that i would give her hand in marriage at those ages unless an excellent suitor whom i was reasonably convinced that nobody in future would likely surpass in morals, character and status was sent to my doorstep, even then she would have the choice in Islam to dissolve a marriage she was unhappy with when she grows older despite her father's best efforts to fulfill his bounden obligation to make the best choices for her within his capability.

What is more shocking and concerning than giving one's daughter in lawful marriage to the best suitor on earth at the time and the most respected and sought after man in Arabia is the fact that young unmarried boys and girls are being sexually tortured by the wanton display of sexy/sexually attractive material, personalities and pornography whilst being handed condoms and other contraceptives to prevent the spread of unwanted pregnancies and the diseases that follow, to coax those scared, vulnerable and unmarried girls into visiting clinics which specialize in murdering life within the womb is truly a despicable crime upon the other crimes for which Allah has promised to judge, those babies will be asked to testify regarding the crime for which they were killed and surely the burden of responsibility will be carried by those responsible for leading their young parents astray and those responsible for their murders.

Secondly, regarding the striking of his (pbuh)'s wives, it is clearly recorded that he would strike a loved one on the chest when the need to punish became apparent, this has been mentioned in sahih Al Muslim regarding his nightly visit to the cemetery of Al Baqi and 'Aa-isha's (ra) attempt to hide from him the fact that she had secretly followed and watched him.

O Muslims, Islam is the way of life which the Creator of the heavens and the earth, the Master of the universe who knows better than all creation from first to last combined has enjoined and there is no need to apologize to criminals and foolish ones who fail to see and think clearly, there is also no need whatsoever to squirm and feel uncomfortable for being upon the path of truth and right conduct- for what God does.
Do you see the foolish ones squirm or feel timid when they display their boobs and knickers on posters to all and sundry including children and toddlers, do you see them squirm when a man snogs another man in public at the bus stop or on the train, people know quite well what they're gonna do at home, i have a feeling that even nine year old children have an idea. They get taught it in school remember?
http://www.infowars.com/sex-and-the-public-schools/
That's without mentioning some of the stuff they see on each other's phones and PSPs


To the O.P, I've been exposed to that wierd porn at a very young age in the U.K and know it must feel uncomfortable when people wonder at it's decadence and degenerative effect upon society, don't worry, i won't tell anyone - i would be too ashamed to anyway despite the fact that it was on the shelves in the newsagents which i could reach in my early teens at Smiths and which i used to view in the newspapers when doing the rounds before school, no denying that i thoroughly enjoyed the eyefuls that i'd get from "the sun" and "the daily sport" .... but it's not just about enjoyment though is it? However, please do refrain from casting suspicion upon the character of Muhammad (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, his family and his followers) just because any evil deeds prevalent in kufr (infidelity and covering of truth) are put in the spotlight.
The messenger of God was way above what many of the leaders of today can ever hope of attaining and God knows what they do out of the public eye.


It appears that some critics of the Messenger of God have a disease, when mentioning Khadijah (ra) they falsely accuse him (phuh) of having married an elderly widow for her resources, when mentioning 'Aishah they falsely make out that he was preying on vulnerable children, but Allah tells us that it is not the Messenger of Allah pbuh (against whom nobody seems to have had any personal qualms) whom they reject, but the signs of Allah which the wicked deny. The marriage of the messenger of Allah is just a needle amongst a haystack which they seek to use as a skewed public opinion tool, however the facts speak otherwise. Abu Bakr who gave her in marriage was amongst the most intellegent men of Makkah and he had no want of resources either, and yet Aishah (as did most women) sought his attentions, and yet he proclaimed his love for the woman he had loved like no other even after her death.

(12)Chapter: The Virtues Of Khadijah, The Mother Of The Believers (RA)(12)باب فَضَائِلِ خَدِيجَةَ أُمِّ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ رضى الله تعالى عنها

‏‏Abu Huraira reported that Gabriel came to Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) and said:Allah's Messenger, lo. Khadija is coming to you with a vessel of seasoned food or drink. When she comes to you, offer her greetings from her Lord, the Exalted and Glorious, and on my behalf and give her glad tidings of a palace of jewels in Paradise wherein there is no noise and no toil.
This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira through another chain of transmitters with a slight variation of wording.حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو بَكْرِ بْنُ أَبِي شَيْبَةَ، وَأَبُو كُرَيْبٍ وَابْنُ نُمَيْرٍ قَالُوا حَدَّثَنَا ابْنُ فُضَيْلٍ، عَنْ عُمَارَةَ، عَنْ أَبِي زُرْعَةَ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ أَبَا هُرَيْرَةَ، قَالَ أَتَى جِبْرِيلُ النَّبِيَّ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَقَالَ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ هَذِهِ خَدِيجَةُ قَدْ أَتَتْكَ مَعَهَا إِنَاءٌ فِيهِ إِدَامٌ أَوْ طَعَامٌ أَوْ شَرَابٌ فَإِذَا هِيَ أَتَتْكَ فَاقْرَأْ عَلَيْهَا السَّلاَمَ مِنْ رَبِّهَا عَزَّ وَجَلَّ وَمِنِّي وَبَشِّرْهَا بِبَيْتٍ فِي الْجَنَّةِ مِنْ قَصَبٍ لاَ صَخَبَ فِيهِ وَلاَ نَصَبَ ‏.‏ قَالَ أَبُو بَكْرٍ فِي رِوَايَتِهِ عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ وَلَمْ يَقُلْ سَمِعْتُ ‏.‏ وَلَمْ يَقُلْ فِي الْحَدِيثِ وَمِنِّي ‏.‏

Reference*:*Sahih Muslim 2432In-book reference*:*Book 44, Hadith 103USC-MSA web (English) reference*: Book 31, Hadith 5967**(deprecated numbering scheme)Report Error*|*Share


كتاب فضائل الصحابة رضى الله تعالى عنهم44The Book of the Merits of the Companions(12)Chapter: The Virtues Of Khadijah, The Mother Of The Believers (RA)(12)باب فَضَائِلِ خَدِيجَةَ أُمِّ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ رضى الله تعالى عنها

‏‏'A'isha reported:
Never did I feel jealous of the wives of Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) but in case of Khadija, although I did not (have the privilege to) see her.
She further added that whenever Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) slaughtered a sheep, he said: Send it to the companions of Khadija I annoyed him one day and said: (It is) Khadija only who always prevails upon your mind. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said: Her love had been nurtured in my heart by Allah Himself
.حَدَّثَنَا سَهْلُ بْنُ عُثْمَانَ
، حَدَّثَنَا حَفْصُ بْنُ غِيَاثٍ، عَنْ هِشَامِ بْنِ عُرْوَةَ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنْ عَائِشَةَ، قَالَتْ مَا غِرْتُ عَلَى نِسَاءِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم إِلاَّ عَلَى خَدِيجَةَ وَإِنِّي لَمْ أُدْرِكْهَا ‏.‏ قَالَتْ وَكَانَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم إِذَا ذَبَحَ الشَّاةَ فَيَقُولُ ‏"‏ أَرْسِلُوا بِهَا إِلَى أَصْدِقَاءِ خَدِيجَةَ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَتْ فَأَغْضَبْتُهُ يَوْمًا فَقُلْتُ خَدِيجَةَ فَقَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏"‏ إِنِّي قَدْ رُزِقْتُ حُبَّهَا ‏"‏ ‏.

‏Reference*:*Sahih Muslim

2435 bIn-book reference*:*Book 44, Hadith 108USC-MSA web (English) reference*: Book 31, Hadith 5972**(deprecated numbering scheme)

Narrated 'Aisha:
Once Hala bint Khuwailid, Khadija's sister, asked the permission of the Prophet (ﷺ) to enter. On that, the Prophet (ﷺ) remembered the way Khadija used to ask permission, and that upset him. He said, "O Allah! Hala!"
So I became jealous and said, "What makes you remember an old woman amongst the old women of Quraish an old woman (with a teethless mouth) of red gums who died long ago, and in whose place Allah has given you somebody better than her?"

Other referencesIn-book reference Book 63, Hadith 47 Reference Sahih al-Bukhari 3821 USC-MSA web (English) reference Vol. 5, Book 58, Hadith 168*

وَقَالَ إِسْمَاعِيلُ بْنُ خَلِيلٍ أَخْبَرَنَا عَلِيُّ بْنُ مُسْهِرٍ، عَنْ هِشَامٍ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنْ عَائِشَةَ ـ رضى الله عنها ـ قَالَتِ اسْتَأْذَنَتْ هَالَةُ بِنْتُ خُوَيْلِدٍ أُخْتُ خَدِيجَةَ عَلَى رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم، فَعَرَفَ اسْتِئْذَانَ خَدِيجَةَ فَارْتَاعَ لِذَلِكَ، فَقَالَ ‏"‏ اللَّهُمَّ هَالَةَ ‏"‏‏.‏ قَالَتْ فَغِرْتُ فَقُلْتُ مَا تَذْكُرُ مِنْ عَجُوزٍ مِنْ عَجَائِزِ قُرَيْشٍ، حَمْرَاءِ الشِّدْقَيْنِ، هَلَكَتْ فِي الدَّهْرِ، قَدْ، أَبْدَلَكَ اللَّهُ خَيْرًا مِنْهَا

http://quranx.com/hadith/bukhari/Book-63/Hadith-47/


One day the Messenger of Allah was praising Khadija when Ayesha said: "O Messenger of Allah! Why do you talk all the time about that old woman who had inflamed gums? After all, Allah has given you better wives than her."
Muhammad Mustafa said: "No Ayesha! Allah never gave me a better wife than Khadija. She believed in me at a time when other people denied me. She put all her wealth at my service when other people withheld theirs from me. And what's more, Allah gave me children qpft through Khadija."

http://www.**************/khadijatul...ija-and-ayesha


Sahih Muslim Book 31, Number 5975:'A'isha reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) did not marry any other woman till her (Khadija's) death.

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 48:
Narrated Hisham's father:
Khaula bint Hakim was one of those ladies who presented themselves to the Prophet for marriage.
'Aisha said, "Doesn't a lady feel ashamed for presenting herself to a man?"
But when the Verse: "(O Muhammad) You may postpone (the turn of) any of them (your wives) that you please,' (33.51) was revealed, " '
Aisha said, 'O Allah's Apostle! I do not see, but, that your Lord hurries in pleasing you.' "

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 53:
Narrated Thabit Al-Banani:
I was with Anas while his daughter was present with him. Anas said, "A woman came to Allah's Apostle and presented herself to him, saying, 'O Allah's Apostle, have you any need for me (i.e. would you like to marry me)?'
"Thereupon Anas's daughter said, "What a shameless lady she was ! Shame! Shame!"
Anas said, "She was better than you; she had a liking for the Prophet so she presented herself for marriage to him."



Volume 7, Book 62, Number 43:
Narrated Um Habiba:
I said, "O Allah's Apostle! Marry my sister, the daughter of Abu Sufyan."
He said, "Do you like that?" I said, "Yes, for even now I am not your only wife; and the most beloved person to share the good with me is my sister."
The Prophet said, "But that is not lawful for me (i.e., to be married to two sisters at a time.)"
I said, "O Allah's Apostle! By Allah, we have heard that you want to marry Durra, the daughter of Abu Salama."
He said, "You mean the daughter of Um Salama?"
I said, "Yes."
He said, "By Allah ! Even if she were not my stepdaughter, she would not be lawful for me to marry, for she is my foster niece, for Thuwaiba has suckled me and Abu Salama; so you (wives of the Prophet) should neither present your daughters, nor your sisters to me."

When the enemy of the Prophet pbuh heard that his daughter had married Muhammad pbuh - he is reported to have reacted with satisfaction despite the fact that he was at non-stop war with the Prophet pbuh.

Abu Sufyan’s reaction to his daughters wedding
Abu Sufyan heard about his daughter’s marriage and he expressed happiness in spite of the fact that he had not yet accepted Islam .He said the Prophet (saw), was the youth who would never lose face, and always be honored.
Abu Sufyan visits his daughter Umm Habibah (ra), in Al-Madinah
When the Quraish broke the Treaty of Hudaibiyah, he Abu Sufyan came to Al-Madinah to renew the treaty. He visited his daughter; just as he was about to sit down Umm Habibah rolled up the light mattress which was spread out .He was surprised and asked her if he was worthy of the mattress, or the mattress was not worthy of him .She replied, ‘that actually it was a mattress used by a very pure and clean Prophet (saw), and no idol worshipper could sit on it, as he was unclean, hence she rolled up the mattress.’Abu Sufyan was very embarrassed and said ‘she had forgotten the manners since moving away from him. She answered;‘that the manners of Islam had taught her different values and cleanliness had a different meaning for her now’, of course Abu Sufyan was not happy with what his daughter had told him and left his daughter’s house .
She narrates; I was thankful that Allah (swt), guided me to the path of Islam and wondered how come my father as chieftain of Quraish, and of such high standards had not yet seen the truth and accepted Islam
http://thetorchofemaan.blogspot.com/...bi_07.html?m=1
Reply

Abz2000
01-28-2016, 11:31 PM
Some historical background:


Most religions, over history, influenced the marriageable age. For example, Christian*ecclesiastical law*forbade marriage of a girl before the age of puberty.[26]*Hindu*vedic scriptures*mandated the age of a girl's marriage to be adulthood which they defined as three years after the onset of puberty.[27]Jewish scholars and rabbis strongly discouraged marriages before the onset of puberty,[21]*but at the same time, in exceptional cases, girls ages 3 through 12 (the legal age of consent according to*halakha) might be given in marriage by her father.[28][29]
Some*apocryphal*accounts state that at the time of her betrothal to Joseph, Mary, the mother of Jesus, was 12–14 years old, but such accounts are unreliable.[30]Historically within the*Catholic Church, prior to the*1917 Code of Canon Law, the minimum age for a dissoluble betrothal (sponsalia de futuro) was 7 years in the*contractees. The minimum age for a valid marriage was puberty, or nominally 14 for males and 12 for females.[31]*The 1917 Code of Canon Law raised the minimum age for a valid marriage at 16 for males and 14 for females.[32]*The*1983 Code of Canon Law*maintained the minimum age for a valid marriage at 16 for males and 14 for females.[33](c. 1083 §1)[a]Some*Islamic marriage practices*have permitted marriage of girls below the age of 10, because*Shariat*law is based in part on the life and practices of*Muhammad, the Prophet, as described in part in*Sahih Bukhariand*Sahih Muslim. The Prophet married*Aisha, his third wife, when she was about age six,[35]*and consummated the marriage when she was about age nine.[36][37]*Some mainstream Islamic scholars have suggested that it is not the*chronological*age that matters; marriageable age under Muslim religious law is the age when the guardians of the girl feel she has reached*sexual maturity. Such determination of sexual maturity is a matter of subjective judgment, and there is a strong belief among most Muslims and scholars, based on Sharia, that marrying a girl less than 13 years old is an acceptable practice for Muslims.
Historically, child marriage was common around the world. The practice began to be questioned in the 20th century, with the age of individuals' first marriage increasing in many countries and most countries increasing the minimum marriage age.In ancient and medieval societies, it was common for girls to be betrothed at or even before puberty.[19][20]*
As Friedman claims, "arranging and contracting the marriage of a young girl were the undisputed prerogatives of her father in ancient Israel." Most girls were married before the age of 15, often at the start of their puberty.[21]*In Greece, early marriage and motherhood for girls was encouraged.[22]Even boys were expected to marry in their teens. With an average life expectancy between 40 to 45 years, early marriages and teenage motherhood was typical. In*Ancient Rome, girls married above the age of 12 and boys above 14.[23]*In the*Middle Ages, under English*civil laws*that were derived from Roman laws, marriages before the age of 16 were common. In Imperial China, child marriage was the norm.

Child marriages were common throughout history for a variety of reasons, including poverty, insecurity, as well as for political and financial reasons. Today, child marriage is still fairly widespread in developing countries, such as parts of Africa,[8][9]*South Asia,[10]Southeast Asia,[11][12]*West Asia,[13][14]*Latin America,[13]*and Oceania.[15]*The incidence of child marriage has been falling in most parts of the world. The countries with the highest observed rates of child marriages below the age of 18 are*Niger,*Chad,*Mali,*Bangladesh,*Guinea*and the*Central African Republic, with a rate above 60%.[16]*Niger, Chad, Bangladesh, Mali and Ethiopia were the countries with child marriage rates greater than 20% below the age of 15, according to 2003-2009 surveys.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_marriage
Also bear in mind that practices such as prostitution and fornication are forbidden while people are advised to marry at an early age when possible, it is not considered normal to deprive a person who has reached puberty and sexual awareness of a lawful spouse when guardians have the means to get their wards married at an early age even if it means supporting a young couple through academic education.
Expecting one's children to get a university degree and job at a usurer's bank before considering marriage despite the childhood grooming via sex education, condom and pill distribution, proms, college "dates", peer scorn at virginity, brothels and porn would be considered a recipe for disaster by any intelligent person.
My rickshaw driver's parents got him married at the age of sixteen and he now has a small family despite being considered not of the richest.
And regarding that stuff they said about "under 20% in Bangladesh" - it's a load of crap, most parents write sixteen+ ust to avoid the hassel - the secular british american propped corrupt government appears content with consumerism and brothels in front of the city court house.
Reply

Zafran
01-29-2016, 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by Bong
It is a well known fact, that we muslims shouldn't say it never happened, and it is pretty embarassing. It is a shame to read all the replies here asking for sources. A quick google search will pop hundreds of results. It may not be in the Koran indeed but it is part of history. Also, saying that 1400 years ago was a different time is the worst form of apology one can make, a 9 yo girl remained a 9yo girl back then, and I am kinda disgusted by my brothers and sisters claiming it isn't.
Dont take your religion from google. Furthermore the hadith is found in Bukhari which also has hadiths about that the prophet pbuh splitting the moon in half - Why is it that people can easily take the hadith about Aisha (ra) as fact but what if you claimed that the splitting of moon by the prophet as fact as well? would non muslims believe that as a fact? - they are found in the same book with chain of narrations. Why is one a fact and other not when they come from the same source?
Reply

Ridwaan Ravat
01-29-2016, 03:49 AM
Greetings in the name of peace.

I'm glad you have acknowledged your ignorance, as statements & claims as the one you raised is as a result of ignorance.

The Noble prophet Muhammed peace be upon him never molested A'isha (may Allah be pleased with her) or abused her.

Your claim that it is mentioned in the quraan is baseless.

Should you wish to continue the discussion do so with an academic approach and provide references for your claims.

May Allah thee almighty guide us all.
Reply

Ineed Umar
01-29-2016, 08:11 PM
Peace

First of all wikiislam is by a Muslim hater Ali Sina, so are sites like religion of peace are works composed by haters.

I know an average person may be thinking" Why take Muslims opinion they only obviously defend themselves ulgh" likewise my experience of internet. Forgive me for this harsh stereotyping.

But supporting what my brothers on this form said about baseless references from Quran I may also take account of Laws of the past and now. We all know there was a time when there was child slavery? Later abolished, as human learned and grew. Standards of dress code have also evolved, thinking commonly. Back then it was a standard in Arabian culture for men to marry young girls due to lifespan of human being less in the scarce conditions of the deserts, 30-50 I think so minimum for a man. And not taking into account abusive tradition of burying daughters of the old polytheistic tribes of Arabia which was later halted by the arrival of Islam.

And traditions did change during the time of Prophet (Pbuh) based on the conditions as well, there was a time when eating of horse meat was allowed and was considered a delicacy, but Prophet (PBUH) seeing the horses striving and working so hard thought that it would be an abuse to the animal.


Sorry if any of the above facts were already stated I just wanted to contribute everything I had in my mind. If anything in this post is wrong or not true please do correct me.
Reply

kryptamin
01-30-2016, 05:40 AM
Thanks for your replies, I realize I got some very bad information. I looked at the wikiislam website again and it is very non-objective. They need to change to name of the website to anti-islam.com or something to avoid confusion...

But yeah, that's what this post was about, I wanted to make sure I got the right information because I was shocked. ALrightey, thanks for the info.
Reply

Search
01-30-2016, 06:04 AM
:bism: (In the name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

Actually, the fact that you came to IB to discuss and seek the opinions of Muslims rather than unquestioningly accept the misinformation on the Internet shows that you have the right attitude towards seeking knowledge, which I also consider part and parcel of noble character that we should as human beings strive to have.

That said, now that you are here, I encourage you to stay and stick around and become a part of our community on IB as we don't have many members, but the active ones we do have are really friendly and you'll find that you like the atmosphere here In-sha-Allah (God-willing), and of course you seem really nice too which is a bonus!

Best Wishes,


Originally Posted by kryptamin
Thanks for your replies, I realize I got some very bad information. I looked at the wikiislam website again and it is very non-objective. They need to change to name of the website to anti-islam.com or something to avoid confusion...

But yeah, that's what this post was about, I wanted to make sure I got the right information because I was shocked. ALrightey, thanks for the info.
Reply

azc
01-30-2016, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by kryptamin
Sorry for my ignorance, but I just want to learn about the Islamic perspective.In the Qur'an, Muhammad molests Aisha when she was 9 year old child and he also hits her numerous times.I am open-minded about other cultures, and I just want to understand what you think about it.In Western countries, having sex with children is viewed very negatively. What do Muslims think about this? I heard that it was illegal, but what about Muhammad?
Your misconceptions about our prophet s.a.w display that your influenced by the ill propaganda against Islam. First, RasulAllah s.a.w never hit anyone in his whole life.Second, of marriage: When Hz A'isha was 9 years, she had reached her age of puberty. In that age, it was a normal tradition to marry with a girl of this age and keep more than 1 wife. Even Kuffar of Makka who would never let a slight opportunity go to defame the prophet s.a.w and his companions RA didn't raise their finger on this marriage.
Reply

azc
01-30-2016, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by Bong
It is a well known fact, that we muslims shouldn't say it never happened, and it is pretty embarassing. It is a shame to read all the replies here asking for sources. A quick google search will pop hundreds of results. It may not be in the Koran indeed but it is part of history. Also, saying that 1400 years ago was a different time is the worst form of apology one can make, a 9 yo girl remained a 9yo girl back then, and I am kinda disgusted by my brothers and sisters claiming it isn't.
you've to see the society of that age. It was normal those days.
Reply

azc
01-30-2016, 09:49 AM
What's happening in this age, see it.23-Year-Old Becomes World's Youngest GrandmotherAt 23, I was still in college, partying on Tuesday nights and flitting in and out of classes during the day. What were you doing? Even if you had a child, you definitely didn't have a grandchild, like 23-year-old Rifca Stanescu of Romania, who is said to be the world's youngest grandmother. (Although, according to Wikipedia, the youngest grandmother was 17-year- old Mum-Zi of Nigeria.) Plus: 16 Early Signs of PregnancyBy Lauren At Parenting.com0James TseAt 23, I was still in college, partying on Tuesday nights and flitting in and out of classes during the day. What were you doing? Even if you had a child, you definitely didn't have agrandchild, like 23-year-old Rifca Stanescu of Romania, who is said to be the world's youngest grandmother. (Although, according to Wikipedia, the youngest grandmother was 17-year-old Mum-Zi of Nigeria.)Plus: 16 Early Signs of Pregnancy...http://www.parenting.com/blogs/show-...st-grandmother
Reply

Akingfisher
02-11-2016, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by Lady of peace
He didn't molest Aisha (RA) he actually waited for her until she became a women. And it was when she got her period that, she was considered a women. She was Muhammads (pbuh) best friends daughter and her parents wanted him to marry her. And "1400 years ago was very different than now, times have changed and so have humans. 1400 years ago it was something very common to marry young girls, in fact they were not considered young girls, and rather they were considered young women back then. It is a historic fact that girls from the ages of 9 to 14 were being married in Europe, Asia, and Africa, in fact even in the United States girls at the age of 10 were also being married just more than a century ago. And he never hit her. You have the wrong meaning. You didn't understand it clearly.
Why do you use comparisons of what the non Muslim kaffar do or did do?

Surely what Mohammad did was only down to divine revelation or sanction and nothing else comes in to it?

Islam must surely stand on it's own with no need for comparison with anything else at all?
Reply

Zafran
02-12-2016, 12:45 AM
Originally Posted by Akingfisher
Why do you use comparisons of what the non Muslim kaffar do or did do?

Surely what Mohammad did was only down to divine revelation or sanction and nothing else comes in to it?

Islam must surely stand on it's own with no need for comparison with anything else at all?
??? - Islam indeed stands on its own - It has being doing that from Adam pbuh all the way to the present time. Including the time of Moses, Jesus, Abraham and Muhammad pbuh.

You like using terms like "Non Muslim Kaffir" yet have no idea what it entails and frankly what it means.
Reply

Akingfisher
02-12-2016, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by Zafran
??? - Islam indeed stands on its own - It has being doing that from Adam pbuh all the way to the present time. Including the time of Moses, Jesus, Abraham and Muhammad pbuh.

You like using terms like "Non Muslim Kaffir" yet have no idea what it entails and frankly what it means.
Wasn't there a pre Muslim pre Islamic period or something?

As for kaffar, kuffar or any other spelling, perhaps you would enlighten me?

How did Islam stand on it's own before the Koran?
Reply

Zafran
02-13-2016, 01:44 AM
Originally Posted by Akingfisher
Wasn't there a pre Muslim pre Islamic period or something?

As for kaffar, kuffar or any other spelling, perhaps you would enlighten me?

How did Islam stand on it's own before the Koran?
There is period called the Jahliya which is specific to the Arabs as they went astray. They started to worship Idols. Prophet Muhammad pbuh was calling them back to worshiping the One God that there forefather Abraham pbuh and Ishmael pbuh worshiped.

Islam is the religion of Adam pbuh. God made a covenant with Adam - which was to worship One God and follow the law. Abraham the Israelites etc were all Muslims and were called to worship One God and keep the covenant of Adam pbuh. Muhammad pbuh came as the last prophet and to call people back to
monotheism.
Reply

Finding Peace
02-18-2016, 02:14 AM
I compared it because the non muslims like talking filthy about our prophet: they say he rapped a little girl.... I only used it to make non believers understand that at that time it was normal to marry young girls, as long as they hit purity then they can get married. It shows that not only muslims were doing that but others as well.

And for your question How did Islam stand on its own before the Quran?
Watch Ahmed Deedat -Christianity judisam or Islam - on youtube and he'll answer that for you.
Reply

s.ali123
05-01-2016, 01:22 PM
The most interesting thing I find when someone quotes about Aisha, is that they don't even bother to know from where did they come to know about her age? Aisha herself is telling that her was 6 when contract was held, and 9 when she was shifted to Prophet P.B.U.H. house (Even though some scholars differ on age and say it was more). But the important thing is Aisha, even in her does not say anything bad about him, rather she is acknowledging him and praising him for his character and conduct. When some non-muslims claim about Aisha being "molested", I wonder from where they are taking this knowledge, because Aisha herself is calling him best husband with amazing character. If someone is taking one part of the statement of Aisha, he should also take the other part and acknowledge him marvelous character, otherwise he is being total "hypocrite" in plain words.

And west so much claims about the issue of age etc, even though Aisha is saying that she was so happy and living blissful life with the Prophet, but look at at what age the girls in west loose virginity for first time! I don't know much about USA etc, but here in Germany, it is very common for girl and boy to have sex for first time at the age of 11 or 12, and no one says anything bad that they are so young etc! And I have seen very young boys doing that, and it quite normal for them. But when someone officially say that I am his wife etc, everyone looses their mind.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-02-2009, 04:50 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-04-2008, 10:11 AM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-27-2007, 12:01 PM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-12-2007, 10:58 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-18-2006, 12:05 AM
HeartHijab.com | Hijab Sale | Pound Shop | UK Wholesale Certified Face Masks, Hand Sanitiser & PPE

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!