/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion Vote to remove like-feature.

Asiyah3
02-03-2016, 04:43 PM
:sl:

I find this liking posts really irritating. We already got the reputation system, can't we please get rid of this one? Let's vote people!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
02-03-2016, 04:48 PM
I don´t see how it would to be irritating. It´s useful if we like many posts of same person. Reputation system doesn´t allow us to give reputation to same person many times in a row.

So I voted leave it.

Umm Abed
02-03-2016, 05:17 PM
:wa:

I like the like feature, and btw, you've given so many likes, much more than received:D

Umm Abed
02-03-2016, 05:18 PM
Now since Ive reached a milestone of a 1000 likes (given), what do I get? @farhan?:haha:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
LaSorcia
02-03-2016, 05:26 PM
I like the likes. :) It lets me quickly say I agree with someone, or find something funny or think something is true in an easy and quick manner. Especially if I don't have time to respond.

Someone like this post! lol

Umm Abed
02-03-2016, 05:28 PM
And I like the new bright green thumbs up like feature!:ma:

Asiyah3
02-03-2016, 05:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
:wa:

I like the like feature, and btw, you've given so many likes, much more than received:D
:mmokay: I knew someone was gonna pick on that.

I still find it pointless and complicating the forum...

Asiyah3
02-03-2016, 05:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Reputation system doesn´t allow us to give reputation to same person many times in a row. .
Doesn't that technically make the reputation system more reliable? Otherwise some (e.g. trolls) could just pass reputations to their friends (or even create fake members for reps :hmm:)

Snow
02-03-2016, 05:47 PM
I like the like button.
I'm a member on another forum that recently took up the like button and I could really notice a difference in the quality of posts.

Asiyah3
02-03-2016, 05:48 PM
ok, I understand. Since everyone wants it, leave the like. :)

sister herb
02-03-2016, 05:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asiyah3
Doesn't that technically make the reputation system more reliable? Otherwise some (e.g. trolls) could just pass reputations to their friends (or even create fake members for reps :hmm:)
The life expectancy of trolls isn´t enough long in this forum that they could misuse the system, just same if it´s reputation or likes - thanks for our moderators and admins.

Hamza :)
02-03-2016, 07:59 PM
Now since Ive reached a milestone of a 1000 likes (given), what do I get? @farhan?:haha:
You get lots of good deeds :)

TMGuide
02-03-2016, 10:54 PM
I actually Like the Like button, it needs to stay :D

lonewolf007
02-03-2016, 11:51 PM
Sorry sis but I like the like button too lol, I can't always rep and reps get annoying after a while too and especially when it says you can't rep the same person more than once......oh my days that winds me up lol

greenhill
02-04-2016, 12:06 AM
Exactly.

:peace:

format_quote Originally Posted by LaSorcia
I like the likes. It lets me quickly say I agree with someone, or find something funny or think something is true in an easy and quick manner. Especially if I don't have time to respond.

MuslimInshallah
02-04-2016, 03:07 AM
Assalaamu alaikum,

(smile) I "like" the button, for the above reasons, and also because it is a nice way to say thank you to people for contributing. I find it also helps people to know if you have read their post.

(smile) May Allah Bless you all.

Asiyah3
02-04-2016, 07:45 AM
:facepalm: How embarrasing. There's only one vote for removing the like-feature. :embarrass I wonder who that is...

strivingobserver98
02-04-2016, 08:31 AM
Hey I thought your milestone was 2000 ;).

Anyway I'm so used to the like button. If I ever visit any other forum... I click to the bottom right of the post then nothing happens. Suddenly I remember it's not IB ;D

format_quote Originally Posted by Asiyah3
I wonder who that is...
Who was that one voter, reveal yourself ;).

hisnameiszzz
02-04-2016, 10:45 AM
Keep the likes. It's nice to know people appreciate posts that we make. Well I do anyway but to each their own.

I don't quite understand the reputation thing, but that's OK too.

Mehnaaz
02-04-2016, 11:53 AM
I "like" the feature. I don't find it complicated or irritating at all. It is a friendly extension.

The Reputation System is a very good measure of the quality of the posts made by forum members over time.

But as a sister pointed out, "like" is indeed a nice way to thank people who contribute for their time and effort. You can choose to be miserly with your "likes" if you find it too gratuitous. :)

Kiro
02-20-2016, 05:08 PM
wat bout wen u out of reps, u cant tell dat u liked da post

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.