/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Not Into Having Children?

MuslimahRo
02-05-2016, 07:21 AM
I know there is a huge emphasis on getting married and having children in Islam. However, not everyone can have children and there are people like me who are not interested in having children for various reasons. Are there other Muslims who are also not interested in having children?

My reasons include health issues and not having enough energy to take care of my own tasks properly, much less that of a baby or child. Furthermore, there are genetic issues I would not want a poor child to be afflicted with nor suffer from for an entire lifetime. Another thing that worries me is the extreme responsibility that one has to be a good Muslim parent and raise one's children right, especially in immoral cultures and times. Lastly, I am not an average female and pregnancy and labor don't feel normal for me or my body.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
LifeIsAHighway
02-05-2016, 08:08 AM
ME ! ME ! I'm not into having children... AT ALL !!

:Emoji49:

sister herb
02-05-2016, 08:17 AM
Me too! I never felt it familiar idea to become a mother. And now I don´t need to think it any more - well, the age issue. Of course it might be difficult and not nice when I am old, there might not be anyone to take care about me but I have to think that this is part of the Allah´s plans and He takes care about me in any times and any situations.

I never need to afraid as being lonely.

strivingobserver98
02-05-2016, 08:44 AM
I love children alhamdulilah, and would want to marry someone who does too :).

"When I am feeling down, two things cheer me up: lengthening my prostration, & playing with my children. I thank Allah for Islam and family!" - Yasir Qadhi

See this thread. So cute: http://www.islamicboard.com/family-s...ds-thread.html

You have good reasons, in future though what do you think about looking at adoption as an alternative?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kiro
02-05-2016, 08:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان

"When I am feeling down, two things cheer me up: lengthening my prostration, & playing with my children. I thank Allah for Islam and family!" - Yasir Qadhi

See this thread. So cute: http://www.islamicboard.com/family-s...ds-thread.html

You have good reasons, in future though what do you think about looking at adoption as an alternative?
wot about adopting someone with the intention not as your child but as a little sibling :)

sister herb
02-05-2016, 08:57 AM
May Allah grant you a good wife and dozens of children and grandchildren in the future.

strivingobserver98
02-05-2016, 08:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
May Allah grant you a good wife and dozens of children and grandchildren in the future.
Ameen Ya Rabb Al Alameen.

:jz: :thumbsup:

hisnameiszzz
02-05-2016, 11:58 AM
I kind of have this feeling also sometimes.

But then I see my nephew and niece growing up and I miss having that for myself. My niece has just started crawling and she has started talking too. When my nephews come over and tell me about it, it makes me ever so jealous in a way. I wish I was a Dad at times. I am in my early 30's and my Mom keeps pestering me to get married. I would very much like someone to be with, but like you, I don't feel I have the energy to (get married or even) have children. I am constantly tired and feel lethargic. My mind is all over the place at the moment and has been for quite some time. I'm not sure I would like a woman or a child to suffer my craziness with me. It wouldn't be fair on them.

But hey, not everyone is destined to have children. It's only whoever Allah wishes to have children that will have children. I have about 4 women that work with me that could not have children the normal way so they either had to adopt or use other methods.

But just imagine having a child who becomes a Hafiz or an Aalim (or the female version). How over the moon would you be?

MuslimahRo
02-06-2016, 04:46 AM
Salam. Thanks for the responses. I have thought of adoption but the energy issue would still get in the way unless I started to have more energy. Also, although I think adoption is great and all, I have observed and been there for my nephews and cousins' children and there is nothing like your own flesh and blood. My ideal child would be an adorable baby boy! Maybe in the Hereafter. As for the brother with low energy, you should get a good medical check up. Some brain supplements could also help. Omega 3 capsules, walnuts, almonds, coconut oil, etc. Check out Dr. Majid Ali's website. I can't post links yet. Also, just like Allah tried you with fatigue and concentration problems, Allah has also tried females with similar problems. Until recently, I had my doubts about marriage but then I found someone compatible. You have to join health support groups or try alternative marriage or "dating" sites to find someone with similar issues or someone who will accept you as you are. If you want to know more, just ask!

LifeIsAHighway
02-07-2016, 05:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by hisnameiszzz
I'm not sure I would like a woman or a child to suffer my craziness with me. It wouldn't be fair on them.
Sameee..!

azc
02-07-2016, 06:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimahRo
I know there is a huge emphasis on getting married and having children in Islam. However, not everyone can have children and there are people like me who are not interested in having children for various reasons. Are there other Muslims who are also not interested in having children? My reasons include health issues and not having enough energy to take care of my own tasks properly, much less that of a baby or child. Furthermore, there are genetic issues I would not want a poor child to be afflicted with nor suffer from for an entire lifetime. Another thing that worries me is the extreme responsibility that one has to be a good Muslim parent and raise one's children right, especially in immoral cultures and times. Lastly, I am not an average female and pregnancy and labor don't feel normal for me or my body.
Pay thanks to your parents that they were not like you.Do you think your parents' thinking was outdated?Be a responsible person!

TMGuide
02-07-2016, 07:40 AM
I use to feel the exact same way and the kids (cousins) around me did not even like me ;D that's how bad it was. But strangely enough I have always wanted to adopt a child and still feel strongly about it, insha aallaah one day. Some how though as I got older, I saw what great blessing kids were I ended up being a teacher assistant and now have two beautiful kids alhamdulilaah. Point is, People change and if its meant to be insha allah you will find yourself loving nothing more than being a mother.

Kiro
02-08-2016, 01:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
wot about adopting someone with the intention not as your child but as a little sibling :)
How about it? Adopting a child for them to be a younger sibling.

I would like a younger sister named Rin though need a way to sort out the mahram issue.

Hamza :)
02-11-2016, 06:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio
ME ! ME ! I'm not into having children... AT ALL !!

:Emoji49:
why's that bro?

#myman :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.