/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Should Those With Severe Health Issues Even Bother With Marriage?

MuslimahRo
02-06-2016, 05:13 AM
I am wondering about this issue. I guess if a person dealing with severe health issues finds someone who is willing to accept him or her and is compatible, the answer should be yes. However, I have my moments of doubts and insecurities. Sometimes, I wonder whether I can be any sort of good wife when it's hard for me to take care of my basic chores and activities of daily living. Yet, I do have a lot to offer in terms of intellectual, spiritual and creative matters. I have finally found someone who also has dealt with severe issues and is, therefore, understanding. Even then, I feel insecure about myself at times. It took me almost ten years to find someone whom I was interested in who was also interested in me. So I really want things to work out. But I can't always get the self-defeating doubts outside my head. I have had a very rough (but also, amazing) life and I would like to have love in my life and someone to share my life with Forever. I have never had any love and I don't want to go on the rest of my life without love and understanding and kindness. I have been forced to deal with abusive mentally-ill messups. It was strange to actually have someone treat me with kindness and respect. Although I am getting used to it, I still struggle with being treated kindly and taken seriously intellectually. May Allah help me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
02-06-2016, 02:12 PM
Asalamualykum,

Of course they should! Why ever not sister?

I understand why you may be thinking this way but we are all human beings and we are all gifted in different ways.

Of course you have something to offer to marriage and if you have found someone who respects you, loves you and enhances your character then yes pray Isthikhra and follow the Islamic guidelines and go for it.

The regular members will notice i post this link a lot but it's a very good lecture hence my frequent recommendation of this site.

Please click on this link https://www.kalamullah.com/personality.html & read anything that interests you, in particular listen to the lecture called self-image psychology.

Don't give anyone the privilege of defining YOU.

May Allah swt remove all doubts and negativity in your life Ameen & i wish you all the best.

greenhill
02-06-2016, 02:48 PM
Marriage is prescribed for us.

Very few things can make it otherwise.

So don't find the few but look at why we should. I've been married over 20 years. Believe me there will be challenges. There'll be lots to learn. So we must learn, adapt and accept living for 2++... (+ for the potential kid(s)).

May Allah help you along His path.

:peace:

MuslimahRo
02-06-2016, 06:10 PM
Walaikum salam. Thanks.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.