/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salah

hisnameiszzz
02-14-2016, 05:42 PM
What do you think about when you pray salah?

I seem to have lost concentration and it's been like this for a while now. So for instance when I go to the Masjid to pray Fardh salah, the Imam prays. So when he is praying my mind wanders and I think about everything under the sun.

What do you think about? What do you concentrate on?

I would really appreciate some thoughts on this.

Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BilalKid
02-14-2016, 07:36 PM
think abt death :shade:

islamkingdom
04-13-2016, 11:32 AM
know every thing about salat in : http://en.islamkingdom.com/fiqh/Fiqh-al-Ibadat/Salat

noraina
04-13-2016, 11:47 AM
Brother, attaining khushoo in salah is a lifetime effort and one I am still working on myself. :)

First of all, perhaps the most important factor is that in salah you are speaking directly to Allah. You are in His presence, reciting His words, prostrating to Him and affirming your obedience to Him. SubhanAllah, if you let that thought sink in - you are at this moment conversing with the Lord of the Worlds, you will find your attention wandering much less.

Another thing which helps me so much is memorising the meanings of what you say in your salah. Understand the meanings in English of every word you recite in your Salah. Do not just recite the Arabic as an age-old habit, understand and feel the meaning of the words, learn from them and use them as a reminder. When you ask Him 'Guide me to the straight path', say this with conviction, when you say 'You alone do I worship', try to realise the enormity of these words. There are many powerful duas we say in Salah and I only realised that when I understood their meaning.

I also like to focus on something to look at. For me, I stare at the place on the floor where I will place my forehead in sujood - keeping your gaze fixed in one place probably eliminates half of any distractions. And don't look up or around, if you hear a door being shut, someone walking, the person besides you shuffling, just don't lift your gaze.

May Allah allow us all to attain true concentration in our salah and excellence in worship.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nadinesauriol
10-24-2016, 07:03 AM
Yes, you Do Pray for ALLAH Because Allah is Great.

greenhill
10-24-2016, 02:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nadinesauriol
Yes, you Do Pray for ALLAH Because Allah is Great.
I think I understand what you say, but perhaps you pray TO ALLAH ….it has different meaning.

It is a lifetime effort. I am human, I can't win them all. In my search for an answer these are what I found that has helped me ..

1) Be aware of the prayer time in the daily scheme. Next one and where you are likely to be.
2) Be looking forward to it.
3) Building up to solat (understanding the meaning of what the tongue utters)
4) Don't break that routine

In syaa Allah

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.