/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Queen of Hearts

Ridwaan Ravat
02-15-2016, 02:03 PM
[emoji173]Queen of Hearts[emoji173]

Whenever I read about Sayyida Khadija RA then it never ceases to amaze me how much she loved and supported her husband Muhammad SAWS.

She opened the doors to her home and heart to him.

She shared her wealth with him.

She took into her home his cousin, the young Sayyidina Ali RA.
And then there were their own blessed children, Qasim (who died young) and Zainab RA and Ruqayya RA and Umm Kulthum RA and Fatimah RA and Abdullah (who also died very young)

And this blessed home’s doors were open to all, charity was a norm. An abundant norm.

As a couple they complemented each other so beautifully and thought so much in synch that goodness was what they spread left right and centre.

The years before and around prophethood of Rasoolullah SAWS would have been tough for her.

Imagine how she felt when he disappeared into the cave of Hira and did not come home for days.

Any wife in her position would cease to see the bigger picture and let the desire to own her man and his time take over. But Sayyida Khadija RA knew her man.

She allowed him the space he needed to grow inch by inch and day by day towards Prophethood and her support remained unequivocal.

There are reports that she would climb upto the cave of Hira and carry food and water for him.

She was not exactly young at that time, but she did what it took to support him.

Perhaps the most well known fact and yet never deplete of lessons and emotional impact is the incident when Rasoolullah SAWS returned after he received the first revelation from the cave of Hira.

Having witnessed the angel Jibreel AS, he was shaken.

Shaken as he realized what a massive responsibility lay ahead of him and somewhat understanding that his life would change forever, he asked her to cover him with a blanket, it was then only his wife Sayyida Khadija RA by his side.

To comfort and soothe and calm him down...her words at this moment have gone down in history.

In Saheeh Bukhari, it says:

“Then he went to Khadija bint Khuwailid and said, “Cover me! Cover me!” They covered him till his fear was over and after that he told her everything that had happened and said, “I fear that something may happen to me.”Khadija replied, “Never! By ALLAH, ALLAH will never disgrace you. You keep good relations with your*kith and kin, help the poor and the destitute, serve your guests generously and assist the deserving calamity afflicted ones”

She was the first to believe in his Prophethood and therefore the first Muslim.

Today, Muslims are a 2.1 billion strong, and growing.

At that time, in those crucial moments that were to alter history, it was just her.

Many of what we call “love stories” today are nothing more than stories of lust and desire, physical attraction disguised as love.

Yet, I can find no love story more powerful, more spiritually uplifting, more awe inspiring as that of Rasoolullah SAWS and Sayyida Khadijah RA

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
02-15-2016, 02:17 PM
:sl:

Jazakallah khair for sharing.

strivingobserver98
02-15-2016, 04:31 PM
:jz:

Amazing :).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.