/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why do we face the kaba in worship?

ReboundMuslimah
02-16-2016, 05:06 PM
So I was watching a video on hajj/umrah and I went down to read the comments and I probably shouldn't have but one of the comments really got me thinking and questioning things. So my question is: Why is the kaba considered the house of Allah, isn't Allah up in the heavens? When people go to umrah they do a lot of rituals like throwing stones at satan, going around the kaba, and etc. this all sounds crazy to me and I don't know if it's just waswas but can someone tell me why we do this? Also I see people kiss and touch the black stone like it will bring good luck or something,isn't this bidah? Shouldn't we worship Allah alone?

May Allah forgive me if I have said anything that would remove me out of the fold of Islam because I really love my religion and it's this one question that got my mind all screwed up.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
02-16-2016, 06:21 PM
RasulAllah s.a.w performed all these rituals during Hujj and it's a sufficient logic for a Muslim.

azc
02-16-2016, 06:29 PM
"And now verily We shall make you turn (in prayer) toward a Qibla which is dear to you. So turn your face toward the Inviolable Place of Worship (the Kaaba of Makkah)." (Al Baqarah 2:144)The Quran commands the Muslims to face the sacred precincts in Makkah during prayer which is a fundamental tenet in slam. The legend of this purely Islamic development of a sacred stone structure dates back to the fall of Hadhrat Adam (alayhis salaam) from Paradise onto earth at Makkah. It has been reported by Al-tabari that Hadhrat Jibraeel (alayhis salaam) flapped his wings to uncover a foundation laid in the seventh fold of the earth. Angels paved this foundation with stones and Hazrat Adam went round this structure following the example of the Angels. Therefore it stands to reason that Allah Ta'ala contemplated and designated the Ka'aba before the creation of the earth. It is said that the Kaaba is a prototype of Baitul Mamoor, a house in the seventh Heaven situated immediately over the Kaaba.The Kaaba with respect to the inhabited parts of the world is like the centre of a circle with respect to the circle itself. All regions face the Kaaba, surrounding it as a circle surrounds its centre; and each region faces a particular part of the Kaaba. Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) adopted the Kaaba as a physical focus in prayer as well for other acts of worship such as burial of the dead, recitation of the Qur'an, announcing the call of prayer, the ritual slaughter of animals, etc. Thus, Muslims have been spiritually and physically oriented towards the Kaaba and the holy city of Makkah in their daily lives.Circumbulation of The Kaaba'Tawaf' or cicumbulation (the ritual encircling of the Kaaba) starts from the Hajar Aswad - the Black Stone. The circumambulator, if possible, may kiss the stone or may direct his hand towards it saying, "In the name of Allah, Allah is great." He must circle the Kaaba seven times with the Kaaba to his left (in anti-clockwise direction)..........https://m.facebook.com/notes/back-to...0445015640579/

azc
02-16-2016, 06:33 PM
Plz see this linkhttp://smhajj.com/resources/hajj/24-logic-behind-the-rituals-of-hajj.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Saleem Khan
02-16-2016, 06:47 PM
Firstly, Allah Ta'ala is not in the heavens. Because Allah is free from time and space. Attributing space to Allah is in correct. Time and space are both creations of Allah Ta'ala.

Furthermore, house of Allah doesn't mean he resides in it. It is simply attributed to Allah for respect and indication that this is holy land.

Kissing the hajr Aswad (black stone) is sunnah proven from the messenger sallallahu Alaihi wasallam and his companion umar r.d

Khalid Saifullah
02-16-2016, 07:40 PM
The kabah is called the house of Allah, not because Allah lives in it, but because of the following reasons :

1) It's the place chosen by Allah where pure tawheed (monotheism ) was to spread from.

2) It's a focal place of prayer or direction to which All Muslims face whilst in prayer.

3) The building itself is not significant. The cubed shaped structure can be removed , but the piece of ground on the earth reaching all the way up to the 7 skies to the Baytul mamoor will still be regarded as the kabah.

4) All religions have temples , churches and then a main temple or church the kabah is the main masjid is Islam. All prayers are multiplied X 100 000 therein.

5 ) Finally, the kabah is known as the naval of the earth. All the magnetic forces of the world crisscross at this point. When the world was created , it was first submerged in water. The first bubble or earth to raise was at the spot of the kabah.

Insaanah
02-16-2016, 08:02 PM
:salam:

A similar question has been asked by a member here before. You may find some of the responses given in that thread helpful :ia: :

http://www.islamicboard.com/prayer/1...rds-mecca.html

Let us know if it doesn't, or if anything's not clear or you have more questions.

:jz:

Abz2000
02-16-2016, 08:45 PM
Good questions and wonderful that you asked, if we don't ponder over questions, we won't know what to answer an interested or curious infidel who asks.
The thread sister insaanah pointed you to answered the first question to the best of everyone's ability, it was also the first house sanctified for the worship of the Creator and sustainer of the heavens and the earth, and God commanded it.

To an infidel you'd have to explain that and whatever other details, then ask them: if not there then where?
Once they grapple with the circular thinking they'll most likely come 360. Newton saw that everything fell towards the center of the earth and sat and pondered until he discovered the law called gravity (it is a law written by Allah that all things would follow such a law). Which way otherwise should they go?

The black stone, the Prophet pbuh used to kiss it at every circuit despite his revulsion to idols and statues of shirk, indicating that it was nothing to do with shirk and it was halal for any Muslim with him to do so and even Umar (ra) had his psychological wonderings with it but made clear in front of everyone, by Allah i know you have neither power to benefit, nor to harm, and if i hadn't seen the messenger of Allah kissing you i would not have done so.
There are stories that Allah has placed it as a purifier of sins - not within it's own power just as He has placed the ability to wash with water and irrigate fields for crops, though we don't worship water or believe it has powers of it's own. Nor was the ability placed in jesus pbuh to heal the blind and lepers, raise the dead, breath life into a clay bird powers of his own, it was placed in him by Allah.

The rites, they were prescribed to Ibrahim pbuh and are a good test and training of submission to Allah, sometimes (especially in the military) bosses give tasks to employees which make no sense to the employees and they carry them out like clockwork, it also develops a chain of command structure although those are just observations of positive benefits and aren't necessarily the only reasons. The "i am here at your service" call (labbayk) is an indicator to some of the connections i made above though.
Stand at ease! attention! :) what does that have to do with combat wonders the green recruit lol. Uniformity, orderliness, unwavering obedience, respect and loyalty are some aspects.
We practice certain rituals every day whether we like it or not, and we do it so much that we forget to question as we did when we were kids, why do i sleep and wake up? Why do i have to eat? Why do i have to make funny movements and brush my teeth? Some parents will explain in depth, some will give the basics some will say just due it because i told you to, but ultimately you have to and there is a good reason. Explaining to a kid why the chicken jumped on another chicken is dificult so we just drag them away or chase away the chickens, but we know there's a reason.

Regarding brother saleem khan's comment on the heavens, it may not be literally but it is in some dimension or other, the slave girl pointed towards the heavens and was freed after the questioning of the prophet pbuh. Allah also says "He who is in the heavens" in the Quran.
it is deeper and more difficult to grasp the aspect of it though since it is reported that His presence comes to the lower heavens in the last part of the night to hear the askers, but since it's always the last part of the night somewhere or other on this orbiting and spinning earth, it can't be grasped in that literal sense, also since the His throne alone encompasses the heavens and the earth, they can't fit Him literally obviously unless He makes His presence and benevolence amplify at certain times and places or whatever it might be Allah - Glorified be He - knows best.
Even the isdue of Qadr is hairsplitting despite us all knowing it exists.

Hope i shed some light on some issues to the best of my ability.

Kiro
02-16-2016, 11:28 PM
because it is the direction of prayer known as Qiblah which has been changed before in the time of Nabi SAW

Solo'd thread

ReboundMuslimah
02-17-2016, 12:57 AM
Jzk for your answers everyone although I'm still not satisfied and I still have some questions, I'll go check out the other thread sister @Insan aah linked and hopefully I can find my answers there.

Insaanah
02-18-2016, 10:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dreamchaser
Why is the kaba considered the house of Allah, isn't Allah up in the heavens?
Everything belongs to Allah. Does that mean that Allah is in everything? No. As you said, Allah is above the heavens. But everything still belongs to Him:

O My servants who have believed, indeed My earth is spacious, so worship only Me. (29:56)

The earth is His, we are His. If the earth is His, does it mean He's buried under the layers of the earth? No. We seek refuge from such wrong thoughts.

Unquestionably, to Allah belongs whatever is in the heavens and the earth. Unquestionably, the promise of Allah is truth, but most of them do not know (10:55)

Let's say a person owns a house, does that means he lives in it? Not necessarily. He may live somewhere else.

Allah refers to His house Himself in the Qur'an: And [mention, O Muhammad], when We designated for Abraham the site of the House, [saying], "Do not associate anything with Me and purify My House for those who perform Tawaf and those who stand [in prayer] and those who bow and prostrate. (22:26)

And [mention] when We made the House a place of return for the people and [a place of] security. And take, [O believers], from the standing place of Abraham a place of prayer. And We charged Abraham and Ishmael, [saying], "Purify My House for those who perform Tawaf and those who are staying [there] for worship and those who bow and prostrate [in prayer]." (2:125)

The Ka'bah was built by the prophet Abraham and his son Ishmael (Peace be on them both) in response to Allah's command. Abraham (peace be on him) consecrated the House for the worship of the one true God. Therefore it is referred to as the house of Allah. A house built on Allah's command, solely for the worship of Allah. A place where Allah is worshipped and remembered.

Mosques in general are also called houses of Allah:

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "He who purifies (performs Wudu') himself in his house and then walks to one of the houses of Allah (mosque) for performing an obligatory Salat, one step of his will wipe out his sins and another step will elevate his rank (in Jannah)."

[Muslim].

وعنه أن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم قال‏:‏‏ "‏من تطهر في بيته، ثم مضى إلى بيت من بيوت الله، ليقضي فريضة من فرائض الله كانت خطواته، إحداها تحط خطيئة، والأخرى ترفع درجة‏"‏ ‏(‏‏(‏رواه مسلم‏)‏‏)‏‏.‏
Sunnah.com reference : Book 9, Hadith 64
Arabic/English book reference : Book 9, Hadith 1054
http://www.sunnah.com/riyadussaliheen/9/64

Does that help with the phrase "House of Allah"?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.