/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Guiding Stars - Zubayr Bin Awaam R.A

Ridwaan Ravat
02-17-2016, 03:54 AM
GUIDING STARS [emoji93]
ZUBAYR BIN AWAAM R.A

“THE FIRST TO UNSHEATHE HIS SWORD IN THE PATH OF ALLAH."

Zubayr Ibn Al-Awwam رضي الله عنه was a cousin of the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم . He was married to Asmaa رضي الله عنها, the daughter of Abu Bakr رضي الله عنه.
He was among the first to quicken their steps towards Islam at the hands of Abu Bakr رضي الله عنه. Thus, Zubayr Ibn Al-Awwam was endowed with light, guidance and goodness at the age of 8.

During the early days of Islam in Makkah, a rumour spread that Rasulullah صلى الله عليه وسلم had either been killed or kidnapped. Zubayr رضي الله عنه, about 12-years-old at the time, rushed out with an unsheathed sword in His hand. People who saw him were surprised to see a young boy carrying a sword. He then met Rasulullah صلى الله عليه وسلم, who asked him what the matter was. Zubayr رضي الله عنه replied that He had come to strike whoever has kidnapped Rasulullah صلى الله عليه وسلم. The Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم then made Du’aa for Zubayr رضي الله عنه, asking Allah to bestow mercy and all good upon Him, and victory upon His sword. This Du’aa had far reaching effects on Zubayr رضي الله عنه.
He was a horseman and brave warrior from childhood to the extent that historians mention that the first sword lifted in Islam was Zubayr’s sword.

Despite Zubayr’s رضي الله عنه nobility among his clan, He carried the burden of the Quraish’s persecution and torment. He suffered at the hands of his own uncle, who would roll him in a mat and set it alight to suffocate Him, asking him to disbelieve in Allah. Zubayr رضي الله عنه always said “I will never return to kufr, ever!”

He then migrated to Madinah to join Rasulullah صلى الله عليه وسلم, and He took part in every battle of Rasulullah صلى الله عليه وسلم. Plentiful were the stabs which his body received and preserved, even after his wounds healed. They were like medals telling of Zubayr’s رضي الله عنه heroism and glory.

On the day of BADAR:

~Zubayr رضى الله عنه sat on a horse on the right hand side of Rasulullah SAW, wearing a yellow turban and the angel Jibra’eel عليه السلام came down resembling Zubayr رضي الله عنه.
~Such was His strength and talent, that Zubayr رضي الله عنه said, “On the day of Badr, I met Ubaidullah Ibn Sa’eed Al-Aas. He was completely covered in armour in such a way that nothing could be seen of Him except His eyes. I attacked him with a spear and pierced him in the eyes and he died. I put my foot over his body to pull (that spear) out, but even then, I had to use great force to take it out as its both ends were bent.”
~ There was a point during the Battle of Badar,when Zubayr رضي الله عنه fought the enemy single handedly, which resulted in Him sustaining deep cuts.
His son , Urwah Bin Zubayr رضي الله عنهما said : "I used to insert my finger playfully into those wounds , when I was a little child."

After the Muslims were attacked in the battle of UHUD, Naby صلى الله عليه وسلم sent Abu Bakr and Zubayr رضي الله عنهما with 70 other Sahaba to follow the enemy, when the enemy heard them, they withdrew from the battlefield immediately.
Aa'isha رضي الله عنها said to her nephew, Urwah رضي الله عنه :
"Your father and my father are amongst those who answered the call of Allah and His messenger, after being wounded. "

On the day of YARMOOK, Zubayr رضى الله عنه was like an army in himself.
Ibn Kathir رحمة الله عليه said, “Among those who witnessed the Battle of Yarmuk was Zubayr and He was the best of the Sahabah in that battle. He was the best horse-rider and the bravest of them.” Ibn Kathir also said, “Zubayr went out with the people toward Shaam. He witnessed Yarmuk and they were honoured by His presence. He had the most beneficent hand and an exalted ador. He broke the ranks of the Roman army twice from its front through to the rear."

The tremendous bravery and courage of Zubayr Ibn Al-Awwam رضي الله عنه is evident. Allah put great power in his blessed hands and sword and he was one of the distinguished fighters in all the battles of the Muslims, leading them to victory. But the excellence of Zubayr رضي الله عنه did not stop after His death. He serves as a role model and inspiration to the Muslims up to this day.

In addition to his bravery, it was his generosity that was outstanding. He managed a successful trade and his fortune was enourmous.
Ibn Uyainah said that the wealth of Az-Zubayr RA was divided into forty million. Without the wealth of generous Sahabah like Az-Zubayr, it would have been difficult for the Muslim empire to grow and for their armies to go forth in battle, and for them to sustain the weak and needy.
He was powerful, loyal, humble, generous and bountiful, who devoted his life and money in the path of Allah. The Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم loved and appreciated him so much that He said:
"May my father and mother be sacrificed for you."

All Zubayr’s qualities, specifically his bravery and generosity, are what warranted Him the glad tiding Jannah. What must be noted is that after getting the glad tiding of Paradise, not once did Zubayr stop His service to Deen. Instead, it propelled him further and He continued his outstanding habits and sacrifices until the day His soul left His body.
Zubayr Ibn Al-Awwam RA, as mentioned above, serves as a terrific role model. Allah created such Sahabah for us to draw inspiration from.

It is from Az-Zubayr رضي الله عنه life, that we learn the importance of naming our children with good names.

When Zubayr رضي الله عنه was martyred, Ali رضي الله عنه said “Announce Hell to the murderer of Safiyyah’s son!” and when Az-Zubayr’s sword was showed to Ali رضي الله عنه , He kissed it and cried painfully.

On the morning of His martyrdom, Zubayr رضي الله عنه gave testimony to His son, Abdullah Bin Zubayr saying , "There is no part on my body except that it has received some injury while fighting alongside Naby صلى الله عليه وسلم, even the private part."

SubhanAllah... what an outstanding role model for the Muslim ummah... may Allah produce the likes of Zubayr رضي الله عنه and all other Sahabah from our progeny... آمين

Naby صلى الله عليه وسلم said "Every Prophet had a disciple and my disciple is Zubayr Bin Awwaam رضي الله عنه."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.