/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Best self-study books for Arabic?

al-Andalusi
02-18-2016, 09:40 AM
For anyone who has experience in using self-teaching books, what would be, in your opinion, the best book for someone trying to learn Arabic. I'm looking for a supplement for formal teaching.

English or Spanish medium is preferred, but I can also use German medium books.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
02-18-2016, 02:30 PM
السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ

Are you looking to learn arabic to speak the language or understand the Qur'an?

al-Andalusi
02-19-2016, 04:13 PM
Just Modern Standard Arabic

*charisma*
07-03-2016, 12:46 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by al-Andalusi
For anyone who has experience in using self-teaching books, what would be, in your opinion, the best book for someone trying to learn Arabic. I'm looking for a supplement for formal teaching.

English or Spanish medium is preferred, but I can also use German medium books.
There's a book called Alif Baa which is used in universities. I think it's an excellent book and covers 3 different dialects. It also comes with a CD. The most current one is the 3rd edition, but if you can get the 2nd edition, then you'll be able to find the answer key online here which I think is necessary in order to gauge your progress: https://webfiles.uci.edu/falhasse/arabic/ab-key.pdf

I also think you should check out this site: https://www.madinaharabic.com/start_learning.html
It's very comprehensive and helpful in regards to the basics.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.