/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question.

popsthebuilder
02-18-2016, 06:08 PM
So I know that I am not technically Islamic by the law or heritage, or even practice I guess, but I've been asked repeatedly while discussing Islam if I was indeed Muslim. Based on the Qur'an; though I don't fully follow everything in it, I do strive to. I agree with what is written in its pages, and agree that the message of all the messengers of God where of the same general nature initially. In my view the Abrahamic faiths along with other faiths will be reconciled unto GOD. Anyway, to me, agreeing that I am not exactly Muslim but agree with the Qur'an and the scriptures, how would I answer these questions?
Thank you with humility,

Peace

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Search
02-18-2016, 06:35 PM
:bism:(In the name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

Thanks, brother, for your question.

Since you believe in the Quran or at least try to follow it to the best of your understanding and ability and other scriptures (which Muslims have to believe were sent to other prophets (peace upon them all)), the next question is the important one: Do you believe Prophet Muhammad :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him) was a messenger and prophet of God?

format_quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder
So I know that I am not technically Islamic by the law or heritage, or even practice I guess, but I've been asked repeatedly while discussing Islam if I was indeed Muslim. Based on the Qur'an; though I don't fully follow everything in it, I do strive to. I agree with what is written in its pages, and agree that the message of all the messengers of God where of the same general nature initially. In my view the Abrahamic faiths along with other faiths will be reconciled unto GOD. Anyway, to me, agreeing that I am not exactly Muslim but agree with the Qur'an and the scriptures, how would I answer these questions?
Thank you with humility,

Peace

greenhill
02-18-2016, 11:47 PM
Hi @popsthebuilder ,

You're not alone in this at all! Too many Muslims "don't fully follow everything in it. .".

. . "But you strive to.." that's worth more than you think...

The judgment is for Allah alone.

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.